Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Indie Rat Simulator, a survival stealth RPG where you experience the life of a rat in a suburb

Don Peste

Arcane

Rat Simulator is a survival stealth role-playing simulator game set in a suburban neighborhood where you play as a rat to spread the plague across the neighborhood in order to build a rat's paradise.

No longer do you need to wonder what they get up to when humans are around, as this state-of-the-art computer simulation models the complete rat experience. As a rat, you'll get to steal food, wreck havoc and create chaos whenever you feel like it. This terrifies the humans who fear you and will fight back by calling pestmen to exterminate you.

Mess is yours to make in this survival stealth role-playing simulator, as you experience the life of a hunted rat fighting to drive out those pesky humans!

Key Features

• Infection - Infect 9 unique houses with the plague in the suburban neighborhood, but watch out for the inhabitants who are out to stop you in your tracks.
  • Stealth Gameplay – Avoid detection from humans while spreading the plague, else you'll feel the wrath of the pestmen who are out to kill you!
  • Destruction – Create chaos in the houses where you'll get to destroy precious objects such as plates, glasses and vases much to humanity’s dismay. Or maybe you just feel like making a mess out of their houses by throwing their fragile possessions everywhere.
  • Rat Paradise – Save rats who are trapped in houses and then call upon your fellow rats to infect new houses in the neighborhood!
  • Enhancements – Your experiences empowers your abilities and you'll get to select upgrades in order to boost your rat capabilities.
  • Poisoned Food – It's all fun to spread diseases to the humans, and after all you'll get the house to yourself if they die to the plague, right?
  • Annoy Humans – As a plague bearer, you'll get to temporarily stop the humans in their tracks as they drop to the ground when shot with poison.
I don't know what to think, it does look cool, and the little rat definitely won me over, but Steam says this game doesn't look like other things I've played in the past and as such they don't have much information on whether or not I might be interested in this game, so I'm still on the fence.

hellbent

Augur
Can you be the cat that hunts the rat? What about C&C?

I might just check this out for the princely sum of 5.39, or perhaps wait for the inevitable 2-3 Codex reviews first. The controls cannot possibly be worse than other bad sim games like I am Bread or Goat Simulator.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Rat Simulator is a survival stealth role-playing simulator game set in a suburban neighborhood where you play as a rat to spread the plague across the neighborhood in order to build a rat's paradise.

No longer do you need to wonder what they get up to when humans are around, as this state-of-the-art computer simulation models the complete rat experience. As a rat, you'll get to steal food, wreck havoc and create chaos whenever you feel like it. This terrifies the humans who fear you and will fight back by calling pestmen to exterminate you.

Mess is yours to make in this survival stealth role-playing simulator, as you experience the life of a hunted rat fighting to drive out those pesky humans!

Key Features

• Infection - Infect 9 unique houses with the plague in the suburban neighborhood, but watch out for the inhabitants who are out to stop you in your tracks.
  • Stealth Gameplay – Avoid detection from humans while spreading the plague, else you'll feel the wrath of the pestmen who are out to kill you!
  • Destruction – Create chaos in the houses where you'll get to destroy precious objects such as plates, glasses and vases much to humanity’s dismay. Or maybe you just feel like making a mess out of their houses by throwing their fragile possessions everywhere.
  • Rat Paradise – Save rats who are trapped in houses and then call upon your fellow rats to infect new houses in the neighborhood!
  • Enhancements – Your experiences empowers your abilities and you'll get to select upgrades in order to boost your rat capabilities.
  • Poisoned Food – It's all fun to spread diseases to the humans, and after all you'll get the house to yourself if they die to the plague, right?
  • Annoy Humans – As a plague bearer, you'll get to temporarily stop the humans in their tracks as they drop to the ground when shot with poison.
I don't know what to think, it does look cool, and the little rat definitely won me over, but Steam says this game doesn't look like other things I've played in the past and as such they don't have much information on whether or not I might be interested in this game, so I'm still on the fence.

9932.jpg

Quite appropriate

Don Peste

Arcane
Please understand the game is still in Early Access, although I think it looks quite polished so far. The devs say they hope to finish the game by Late 2017. They are going to add more features, like Female human characters. I'm not sure it's necessary, but I'll take it as an extra.

Anyway, do you think the main character is actually a mouse???

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Jrpgfan

Erudite
Does it feature multiple quest solutions and branching storylines?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Someone is going to mod the player character into a human being and call it "Surviving Trump America's simulator."

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was enjoying the ratio of users with rat & cat avatars posting, and the general seriousness of the thread despite the topic.

Then taxalot and gobblecock came in and ruined everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom