Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ready Or Not - edgy tactical SWAT FPS with school shooting level

ADL

Prophet
Haven't played since the first couple weeks of 1.0 but there were mods that balanced the bullshit AI and made it fun (again).
If the choice is between having a moddable SWAT 5 with bullshit vanilla AI and not having it at all, I'll gladly choose the former.

randir14

Augur
The new DLC came out a couple days ago, the maps are pretty good. AI seems better overall - I noticed the SWAT bots are much more efficient and enemies are less aimbotty. The engine was upgraded to UE5 which they claimed would offer performance improvements, but me and many other people are getting much worse FPS than before. Not unusual for Void to break something and have to fix it later.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
The new DLC came out a couple days ago, the maps are pretty good. AI seems better overall - I noticed the SWAT bots are much more efficient and enemies are less aimbotty. The engine was upgraded to UE5 which they claimed would offer performance improvements, but me and many other people are getting much worse FPS than before. Not unusual for Void to break something and have to fix it later.
I haven't tried the new update but I gave up hope to play this game because of the performance on my PC, it's almost unplayable with how bad it is. I was hoping update would make it good but too many people are complaining about it.

randir14

Augur
I haven't tried the new update but I gave up hope to play this game because of the performance on my PC, it's almost unplayable with how bad it is. I was hoping update would make it good but too many people are complaining about it.
They released a patch today that supposedly fixed it, although I haven't tested it yet. One of the major problems is FSR and DLSS weren't even working, but from what I heard now they are.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
They released a patch today that supposedly fixed it, although I haven't tested it yet. One of the major problems is FSR and DLSS weren't even working, but from what I heard now they are.
I tried the patch and it seems a bit better then it froze and I gave up lol. Is the game worth buying a new computer for? Most the shit I attempt to play is pretty low spec.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I tried the patch and it seems a bit better then it froze and I gave up lol. Is the game worth buying a new computer for? Most the shit I attempt to play is pretty low spec.
Absolutely not.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Did they remove mission settings? I don't see it now.

I also don't know why they moved from where you can freely select missions, to having to unlock them in a linear fashion.

Noticed a lot of weird bugs.

Welp, back to waiting.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Did they remove mission settings? I don't see it now.

I also don't know why they moved from where you can freely select missions, to having to unlock them in a linear fashion.

Noticed a lot of weird bugs.

Welp, back to waiting.
There is only one mission per map now, which is a big step down in terms of replayability. As far as I know, they changed it, and made it linear, because they wanted to tell a story, but it's not an interesting one and seems slapped together last minute together with the commander mode, which isn't fun or interesting either.
It baffles me they did this, as it makes replayability really limited.
SWAT 3 and 4 and Ground Branch are superior games IMO. You could say RoN looks better but it runs like ass, so it's kinda moot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom