Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommendations please, for a story/role-playing CRPG

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
she then magically opens your wisdom eye and you experience enlightenment. At first you dont accept that you are god like, you know, one of gods childeren, childeren are like their parents. So after initiation you have to meditate 2.5 hours min every day until you fully realize it.

You can't expect to wield supreme enlightenment just 'cause some magical tart waved her hands at you.

[/Monty Python reference]

LlamaGod

Cipher
Cults and groups for 'special/magical/mystical' tricks are for the weak willed. You play with the cards you are delt, not change them around. And everything gained costs a price.

Fez

Erudite
gumbomasta - 3 years between your first two posts. Now that is dedicated lurking!

Jed

Cipher
Saint_Proverbius said:
I'm pretty sure you can't get enlightenned eating just vegatables, unless anemia comes with being enlightenned.
Because eating meat is of course the ONLY way to get iron...

Sarvis

Erudite
Jed said:
Saint_Proverbius said:
I'm pretty sure you can't get enlightenned eating just vegatables, unless anemia comes with being enlightenned.
Because eating meat is of course the ONLY way to get iron...

No, but most people can't chew iron bars... ;)

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'm also giving up rpgs to join a cult of hippy humping xenophobes. You drink cool aid at graduation. Oh yeah!

zamuel42

Novice
Thanks for your good reply. I already ordered planescape, but if I finish it early and have extra time I will look into the others.

Im not just trusting her. I am trusting athe scriptures of all the major religions. this is what all the saints and such talk about. And your right, I wont have to wait even a day for mindblowing results. After that I wont have to wait weeks to see real good changes in my physical life for the better. Jesus said everything I have done you can do greater" we are all gods childeren.

zamuel42

Novice
Some plants have iron, where do you thikn the meat gets it? And I take ionic iron supplements with all the other important minerals from meminerals.com

You mean just take your parents religion? She is nondenominational and teaches that all the major religions teach the One Truth in different languages

corvax

Augur
zamuel42 said:
You mean just take your parents religion? She is nondenominational and teaches that all the major religions teach the One Truth in different languages
logos? the word? plato's forms? btw some religions like buddhism simply cannot be combined with judeo-christian-muslim religion, you can take some ideas here and there, mix and match them, show similarities, awe few ignorant people, and bam! you become a master. but in the end you're still full of it

Fez

Erudite
If this woman knows the secret to all knowledge and godhood, what great theories and inventions has she made? Where is the cure for the common cold and AIDS? Why isn't she ruling the world and making it a better place? Perhaps because she is a liar who relies on gullible people to sustain her. Hopefully you'll grow out of this "magical stardust child" phase before it is too late.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Stay away from any kind of religion, be it traditional, cult, or otherwise. There are books out there written to brainwash and convert you, and the scariest thing is, they WORK. I've read two of those, and I by far wasn't the only one completely overwhelmed by them. Be careful what you put in your head - sometimes, you won't be able to get it out.

Sarvis

Erudite
Ap_Jolly said:
Stay away from any kind of religion, be it traditional, cult, or otherwise. There are books out there written to brainwash and convert you, and the scariest thing is, they WORK. I've read two of those,

Ooh... I wanna try? Names?

Spazmo

Erudite
The only thing Aptyp reads is the labels on liquor bottles and goddamnit you don't need anything else.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
Ooh... I wanna try? Names?

Those were in Russian. And we gave them away. A friend of mine had some, but his mom gave them away to some preach who apparently burned them. It was that New Age shit, what with extradimensional aliens and reincarnation and destiny healing, only for some reason it made perfect sense.

Spazmo said:
The only thing Aptyp reads is the labels on liquor bottles and goddamnit you don't need anything else.

You asshole, I swore off drinking last week. I don't need to take that shit from you anymore.

corvax

Augur
bryce777 said:
My magic eye has been opened as well and it has given me the insight to see just how much morrowind truly sucks.
geneforge has opened my magic eye. i used to be a rabid morrowind fan. now i still like it but see it as a mediocre rpg. it's still a first rate dress up game though :)

Vykromond

Scholar
Age of Wonders is a great franchise, but it ain't no RPG. Go for Planescape, it'll make the best LAST GAME EVAH B4 ENLIGHTENMENT, and you'll play it again once this whole crazy phase passes over.

bryce777

Erudite
Vykromond said:
Age of Wonders is a great franchise, but it ain't no RPG. Go for Planescape, it'll make the best LAST GAME EVAH B4 ENLIGHTENMENT, and you'll play it again once this whole crazy phase passes over.

The first thing that will come to him if he doesn't is...YOU SHOULD HAVE PLAYED PLANESCAPE!

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
zamuel42 said:
She says meditating without being initiated by a master is a waist of time.

Okay.. 'scuse me while I rant a bit here. Why is it that you need a master to initiate you? Who was the master initiated by? 'Cause if ultimately it's a waste of time without a master, then how could anyone have become a master in the first place? Chicken and egg anyone? Just a thought...

zamuel42

Novice
Hussar, have you read the dead sea scrolls? They make christianity much clearer. It matches up very well with buddism. anls, the buddist precepts are the same as the 10 comandments.

She was iniated by a master. Almost no one can do it on there own.

Your insults Do effect me at all. I only told y'al hopeing youd read one of her books. One of her websites is Godsdirectcontact.org You are the ones missing out, I have given you good reasons to think she is probably legit. No one initiated has said a bad word about her in english.

None of the Masters have been in control of a country. I think they know there time is better spent enlightening people. She doesnt get any support from her desciples, so she is doing it 100% out of goodwill/love.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
Praise the Master! Praise the Holy Flame!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom