Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Recommendations please, for a story/role-playing CRPG

zamuel42

Novice
If you have a Vegitarian House in your city you can go there for some good food and talk to some of her desciples and get a free sample book or buy cheap books, movies, or tapes. At the San Jose one they also have a video of her playing. She is a very good speaker. Other initiats introduce herand say very good things. I am sooo excited about being initiated. Way more than ever before. Every doubt I have had about her legitimacy has been relieved when I read more or researched. She doesnt come to the states ver often and you have to be a vegitarian for 3 months prior to initiation so If you dont start soon you wil likely have to wait many more months. nce you read on of her books you will be upset about a month you delay, and it will be well more than one.

Most of you talk way to much about stuf f you know nothing about.

The healthiest people ni the world are vegitarian. we have the degestiv tract of a vegitarian. carnivors all have short straight intestins. Most americans have many pounds of putrid meat stuck in their colons. You wont sleep in a graveyard but every night your body is a graveyard. There would be no starvation or deforestaion and mas extinction if every one was vegitarian. Probably no wars except for wars of liberation too. If just a 7th of america or all americans one day a week were vegitarians it would save many millions of lives. It would also less oil use (chemical fertalizer). there would also be way less desease. antibiotics in meat industry are the main reason we have so many antibiotic resistant/proof bacteria.

And Many more people would go to heaven. god said Thou Shalt Not Kill. you cant disregard the commandments and go to heaven. if you get initiated you can go to heaven dailly while alive and help all humanity. Jesus said the kingdon of god is within you.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
I love good meat, though. Does it make me a necrophile? It can't be wrong becuase it feels so good!

corvax

Augur
zamuel42 said:
Hussar, have you read the dead sea scrolls? They make christianity much clearer. It matches up very well with buddism. anls, the buddist precepts are the same as the 10 comandments.

My friend, you continue to amuse me with your utter ignorance. Buddhism is immensly complicated and hard to comprehand religion/philosophy. However even my elementary knowledge of it allows me to point out your cluesness. I suggest strayng away from any new age hollywood crap and buying a good introductory book like "What the Buddha Taught" by W. Rahula. You'll find plenty of similarities to Christianity but also some major differences. Look into such doctrines as Conditioned Genesis and Anatta. Those two categorically deny basic Christian ideas such as the self and God. 10 commandments? According to Buddha's teaching themselves: THERE IS NO GOD IN BUDDHSIM. THERE IS NO SOUL IN BUDDHISM. THERE IS NO "SELF" Worshipping God doesn't make sense in Buddhism. It is fruitless and unnecessary. How does that compare to Christianity? Huh? Yes you strive to be a good person but for totally different reasons. Read about the Four Noble Truths and why one shoud adhere to them. Zamuel, I'm willing to work with you here but please stop winging crap like that.

All this talk makes me wish I should start my own new age type of cultish religion, mixing and matching stuff. I'm too fucking good natured to do that though.

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
zamuel42 said:
She was iniated by a master. Almost no one can do it on there own.

Well there you go. It can be done without a master. It just takes a little more of what I like to call "gumption". I'm a bit more partial to do-it-yourself enlightenment myself. But hey, if you're into the whole master/initiate thing, knock yerself out.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
zamuel42 said:
The healthiest people ni the world are vegitarian. we have the degestiv tract of a vegitarian. carnivors all have short straight intestins. Most americans have many pounds of putrid meat stuck in their colons. You wont sleep in a graveyard but every night your body is a graveyard.

This isn't true. We're omnivores. We have molars to grind plant bits and we have canines to rip flesh. Vegetarian animals can digest cellulose, we can't because our digestive systems are too short to digest that stuff. Most cellulose just gets shitted out in case you were wondering why you crap out corn chunks after eating corn - That's why. In fact, there are several types of minerals and vitamins our body can't get from eating veggies and fruit that our bodies need, which is why I mentioned B-12 earlier. You pretty much have to eat true vegetarians to get those things because their bodies can process those things from plants.

There would be no starvation or deforestaion and mas extinction if every one was vegitarian.

The domestic cow would be extinct within a year if it were no longer food on four legs. Most cows can't even run very far without breaking their legs because they're so heavy compared to the bone structure in their legs and they have no idea what most predators in the wild are because they've been domesticated for so long.

Most deforestation comes from people wanting to put crops on large tracts of land. No animal has ever been eaten to the point of extinction.

Probably no wars except for wars of liberation too.

No wars, then who would we be liberating those people from?

It would also less oil use (chemical fertalizer).

Cows need fertilizer?

antibiotics in meat industry are the main reason we have so many antibiotic resistant/proof bacteria.

Antibotics in people tend to be a bigger issue.

And Many more people would go to heaven. god said Thou Shalt Not Kill. you cant disregard the commandments and go to heaven. if you get initiated you can go to heaven dailly while alive and help all humanity. Jesus said the kingdon of god is within you.

That commandment was about murdering people, not eating animals.

zamuel42

Novice
You adding your word "humans" to the commandment.

if we didnt eat meat there would be enough food that there would be no reason for deforestation.
wars of liberation would still be needed to remove dictatorships, unless assasination campaigns and big bounties would work.

humans are less of a factor than animals for bacteria atiboitic resistance.

Jesus didnt teach anything about praying to god in a church. I diont know if he taught anything about praying. I know that buddism teaches that there is no self, and I believe that. Maybe Jesus thought that was too much for the masses to believe so he gave them the easier version. he went to india before he preached so he probably got initiated and learned to meditate there. I havent heard any christianity qoutes that contradict anything I have read about buddhism. But I havent read the bible. I believe in mysticism and the mysticism has been mostly edited out of christianity.

mice are omnivors, vegitarian mice live much longer than meat eaters. not all vegitarians can degest cellulose.

The cows should die.

zamuel42

Novice
cows need tons of fertalizer. it takes 7ish pound corn or cgrain to make one pound of beef. barely anything grows in most of our nutrient depleted soil without fertalizer

zamuel42

Novice
and as I said earlier, you can get iron, and all the other minerals you need and dot get, from supplements

Sarvis

Erudite
zamuel42 said:
and as I said earlier, you can get iron, and all the other minerals you need and dot get, from supplements

Since I'm at work and don't have much time, I'll just point out that supplements aren't natural and therefore could not be part of God's design for our bodies.

corvax

Augur
zamuel42 said:
Jesus didnt teach anything about praying to god in a church. I diont know if he taught anything about praying.
Wrong. Anyone familiar with the bible can tell you that at one point one of the apostles asked Jesus on how they should pray to God. Following Jesus did just that. Also according to the bible Jesus appointed Peter to head what was later to become the Christian church. Peter was the first Pope. This stuff is so elementary that I shouldn't be even explaining it to you. Please Zamuel, you're a sucker and you're not even good at bullshiting.

I know that buddism teaches that there is no self, and I believe that. Maybe Jesus thought that was too much for the masses to believe so he gave them the easier version. he went to india before he preached so he probably got initiated and learned to meditate there. I havent heard any christianity qoutes that contradict anything I have read about buddhism. But I havent read the bible. I believe in mysticism and the mysticism has been mostly edited out of christianity.
Buddhism also teaches that there's NO SOUL. It is one of its main doctrines. Christianity obviously states otherwise. There's no afterlife in Buddhism only non-existence or reincarnation. Which leads to this - Buddhist people believe in reincarnation, Christians don't. Read that book I mentioned, it's short and a great intro for people like you with no clue and it doesn't add any of that Hollywood Buddhism bullshit you're familiar with. Nextly, Jesus went to India? You can't prove that, maybe your master can. True that there's an unrecorded time in the life of Jesus but no one can precisely say what happened.

I really don't mean to sound like an asshole to you but the more you say the more you seem like you have no clue what you're talking about. That includes your veggie debate with Saint which you're sorely losing. Maybe you're just stubborn like that and belong to those kind of people which simply deserve to be manipulated and brainwashed.

Shagnak

Shagadelic
Saint_Proverbius said:
Vegetarian animals can digest cellulose, we can't because our digestive systems are too short to digest that stuff.
No that's not why. To put it simply:
It's more to do with the fact that we lack the beta-glycosidase (sp?) enzyme that will break down the 'beta bonds' in cellulose. Animals such as ruminants (cows, sheep, etc etc) have the appropriate bacteria in their stomachs that do have this enzyme.

Sorry to be pedantic, but before my current field I was a Chemistry/Biochemistry student, and worked in the pharmaceuticals industry for a few years.

zamuel42

Novice
In buddhism we are all pat of the one, or god. our soul is our part wich has gotten disconect from the One. that is what is reincarnated. There are many levels you can be reincarnated in, like heaven earth and hell and many other worlds and levels. If what gets reincarnated isnt called a soul in buddhism it just becuase they use another name form another language. the only contradictions you believe exist have developed since the master died or are your fault for simple misenterpretation.

All minerals are natural. these ones are angstrum sized so they probably come from the ocean or plants. plant roots only pick up angstrum sized particles. they are the only one small enough for your body to use them. Vegitarians who eat properly live as long or l;onger that meat eater so I dont belive you have any real evidence.

And I am not very well read about religion, but I don know enough to know she isnt misleading me. I have talked about what she says with my father, a religion major.

I CAnt imagin why Jesus didnt talk about reincarnation. I guess its anouther thing that was too tough for the masses

zamuel42

Novice
Good post shag, I knew that too. We have a very long vegitarian digestive tract. apes are generally vegitarians and they are 7sih times stronger than us, without lifting weights.

This vegitarian senior citizen, I think in her 70's ran a 100something km race and kicked the shit out of the meat eaters. most serious marathoners go vegie for a month befor a serious race.

zamuel42

Novice
I too used to think meat tasted too good to quit. Sincew I quit, which wa oNLY A FEW WEEKS AGO, iI realized its not meat that tasts soo good, its food in general. There are soo many super delicious vegitarian things to eat, and they are all chbeaper. some way cheaper. vegitables are really cheap. i buy organic.

corvax

Augur
zamuel42 said:
In buddhism we are all pat of the one, or god. our soul is our part wich has gotten disconect from the One. that is what is reincarnated. There are many levels you can be reincarnated in, like heaven earth and hell and many other worlds and levels. If what gets reincarnated isnt called a soul in buddhism it just becuase they use another name form another language. the only contradictions you believe exist have developed since the master died or are your fault for simple misenterpretation.
You're not making a point at all. I've studied a bit of eastern philosophy myself: The Upanishads, Advaida Vedanta, Buddhism, Taoism, Zen Buddhism but you...You've been watching too many kung-fu movies grashopper. The One, levels...you're talking semantics. And I thought that there may be hope for you. I'm wasting my time, you're a lost cause.

Jed

Cipher
Saint_Proverbius said:
I was refering to B-12.
Anyway, I'll restate: Because eating meat is of course the ONLY way to get B12...[/sarcasm]

...seriously, Saint, we all get it that you're a proud American conservative, and as such must refute vegetarianism from an ideological point of view, but don't you people ever look up facts?

Non-animal B12 sources include mushrooms, sea vegtables, certain types of yeast, and the natural bacteria on the surfaces of most orgainically farmed vegetables. Just don't peel yer taters an' carrots. I've been strict vegetarian (no dairy, no eggs, no cults) for over 10 years and I'd say I'm rather healthy. I hardly ever get sick, and I've been to the hospital once in all that time, and that was for a fracture in my hand from a bike accident 8 years ago.

So stop being silly. Eat meat if you want, don't if you don't. You don't have to make up reasons why people should or shouldn't be vegetarians and it's silly to argue about it. People are gonna eat what they want to eat (or don't).

zamuel42

Novice
No man, as I explained, you were talking semantics by saying what reincarnates isnt a soul
I Suspect that the short book you read on buddhism gave you a grossly over simplified view
In hinduism, which is the same in most of the important way, the one is also call god, or braham. The th One I mean the Oness of everything. That is why you can see other worlds by meditating properly. everything is contained in everything. that is how heaven is in all of us. You should look at Masaru Emotos ice crystal pictures to see hard proof that the material world is not what most people think. I sa a bird vanish once. My dad saw a pice of ash floating to the ground vanish. UFOs defy physics. I dont think they are physical spaceships. MRA also proves unsubstanialness of the physical reality. So do ghosts. so do miracals, if you believe them. so does quantem mechanics.

Sarvis

Erudite
zamuel42 said:
And I am not very well read about religion, but I don know enough to know she isnt misleading me. I have talked about what she says with my father, a religion major.

The entire point of all religion is to mislead you.

corvax

Augur
Once I smoked a joint and saw another world filled with easily manipulative morons who are desperately looking for something to believe in.

Sarvis

Erudite
zamuel42 said:
If you have a Vegitarian House in your city you can go there for some good food and talk to some of her desciples and get a free sample book or buy cheap books, movies, or tapes. At the San Jose one they also have a video of her playing. She is a very good speaker.

Most charlatans are. It's kind of a requirement for the job.

Other initiats introduce herand say very good things. I am sooo excited about being initiated. Way more than ever before. Every doubt I have had about her legitimacy has been relieved when I read more or researched. She doesnt come to the states ver often and you have to be a vegitarian for 3 months prior to initiation so If you dont start soon you wil likely have to wait many more months.

Yeah, does this bring to mind that Simpsons episode where a cult tries to wear down Homer's mind by feeding him low protein gruel? I'd post a quote/picture but can't find any on the web...

Most of you talk way to much about stuf f you know nothing about.

As are you, since you are talking about enlightenment when you are not yet enlightened.

The healthiest people ni the world are vegitarian. we have the degestiv tract of a vegitarian.

Actually we have the digestive tract of a flexible animal that can survive off whatever food source is available. If our digestive tract were really just for vegetables meat would rapidly kill us, and there are probably times when our species would have died off because of lack of vegetables in the area.

There would be no starvation or deforestaion and mas extinction if every one was vegitarian.

Umm... no. Most of the slash and burning in the rainforest is to make arid farmland for growing CROPS. You know, the things we'd need MORE OF if people started eating more vegetables. Cattle just need grass, and cattle farmers wouldn't need to keep burning down sections of forest to create nutrient rich soil just to grow grass.

Probably no wars except for wars of liberation too.

Yeah, because just eating vegetables would make people give up their lust for power and control over others. :roll:

If just a 7th of america or all americans one day a week were vegitarians it would save many millions of lives. It would also less oil use (chemical fertalizer).

Growing more crops would require MORE fertilizer, not less.

And yet, this master of yours hasn't helped anyone really. A few select people get enlightened, but there's still millions starving in Africa and religious nutjob terrorists are still bombing cities worldwide. If she's so godlike why not go convert those guys and bring us some world peace?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom