Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - now available on PC

Jezal_k23

From what I'm hearing, performance is confirmed to be fucking hellish. Like 2080 Ti cards barely pulling off 60fps 1080p on Ultra settings.

Sentinel

Arcane
Seems like there's significant bugs with textures not loading properly and other graphical options. Looking at many screenshots and I'm not seeing any advantage over even the base console versions other than the natural sharpness of the image.

Atchodas

Augur
So this is not on steam yet right ? wtf is google stadia and how do I eat it..

Geisler

Educated
Rockstar trailers were captured on a mix of medium/high settings with a 2080 Ti. Ultra settings are not for current gen cards.

Curious, since its running at 65 - 80 fps for me on ultra at 3440x1440p using an (albeit watercooled overclocked) 2080ti. The benchmark claims an average fps of 66, if i drop some stuff to high, i can stay above 90.

I think a lot of people don't realize the game defaults to the Vulkan API (you can change it to DX12 if you're on Win10), which can be shit in some games for NVIDIA cards.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Using 1080p resolution the GTX 1060 6gb runs it at 40fps-50fps on "High" settings. I saw it dip down to 35fps during a fight.

He also complained a lot about stuttering. **EDIT: Turns out it was his bluetooth headset causing the stuttering. Game performance is still atrocious tho.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Due to budget agreements with the wife I'm only going to get one on launch day, this or the new Star Wars. Leaning Star Wars because I'm kind of bored of open world quest market check-offs. Anyone want to persuade me there's more to this?
And people call ME cuck.
:troll:

To be honest, I would also choose Star Wars, since I don't like huge ass open world games.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Game also takes 58-64 seconds to go from main menu into your save game, on his SSD.

Can't even imagine trying to play it on an HDD.

MapMan

Arcane
Just tested the game using my friends acc. It runs like shit, controls are just as retarded and there's the same input lag. Will mods fix it? :negative:

Looking up performance online it appears I should get stable 40FPS on low settings on my gtx970, which is playable at least. Shame it runs like a pig but my card's old and runs everything else fine so I'm in no tearing rush to upgrade.

GewuerzKahn

Savant
I tried like 10 times to start this game and I just got one opportunity to start the single player. Any other time it stucks at about 99% in the loading screen for the main menu(!) and I have to restart my PC. My PC just freeze and doesn't react to the Task-Manager or ALT+F4.

I always had luck with Rockstar games on PC. This is gay.

Last edited:
Truly an optimization masterpiece:

3-F029-E61-328-E-4-B9-E-ABD6-09-C474-F4-D195.jpg

That’s with GeForce Experience recommendations. However when I reverted to Rockstar default settings, without any third party meddling, I can run it around 30fps on ultra textures and low effects, or medium everything, I guess?

Now the Boah looks arigh.

Game also takes 58-64 seconds to go from main menu into your save game, on his SSD.

Can't even imagine trying to play it on an HDD.

On my HDD it’s 75 seconds :troll:

Last edited:
This game is a fucking nightmare. As per previous post, everything was nicely set up and I was tweaking with little things here and there for optimization, until one of them broke the port. Now every time it loads up it’s on ultra low and any possible change results in resetting the refresh rate to 1hz and freezing/crashing the game. Just so you know what a wonderful and competent piece of work that is.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Jesus fucking christ, 2060 RTX to play High on 1080p?

:hmmm:

Welcome to the future.

Makes me wonder what the requirements will be when the next generation of consoles are here.

I mean, i don't mind having to upgrade my rig when new consoles come out , that's a given that requirements go up. But RDR doesn't seem to be doing anything that special graphically, it's just GTA4 repeat with shitty half-assed port.

Jesus fucking christ, 2060 RTX to play High on 1080p?

:hmmm:

Welcome to the future.

Makes me wonder what the requirements will be when the next generation of consoles are here.

I mean, i don't mind having to upgrade my rig when new consoles come out , that's a given that requirements go up. But RDR doesn't seem to be doing anything that special graphically, it's just GTA4 repeat with shitty half-assed port.

GTA4 seems to be a Mozart-smooth port compared to this steaming dumpster fire. I am googling my issue while reinstalling the game and I didn’t find the solution, but I found 50 another ones.

But from what I did see so far in Colter with Ultra textures, it’s maybe a bit higher resolution Skyrim...? I mean, Skyrim had very pretty snowy mountains with nice art direction, but still, we are talking about 2011? Or maybe the port just cannot get it straight.

Hellion

Arcane
I'm playing it on a GeForce 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM and Intel i7-4790k, 1080p. Tried setting everything to Ultra and am getting about 20+ FPS when roaming around, lowering everything a bit and keeping it at mostly High with some options at Ultra gets me steady 50+. Don't know what NVidia was smoking when they made that post about 2060 being the minimum.

PS. First time I ran it, game crashed to desktop. Turns out I have to shut down my antivirus in order for it to launch. Launching the game and turning the AV back on still crashes the game. Let's hope those Chinamen don't try to hack me while I'm playing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom