Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

*redacted*

Cassidy

Arcane
Or it could see us out of action for a century.

Or next time he dies, depending on how it happens, Angartýr could have a choice between being out of action for centuries or...

I won't spoil how to avoid being forced to make such a choice and what the second option would be.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Coming back immediately as an angry fire god of the dead, with a trail of lost souls following him everywhere he goes!

Also, what happened to the dead that used to follow us around?

Cassidy

Arcane
Coming back immediately as an angry fire god of the dead, with a trail of lost souls following him everywhere he goes!

Definitively not.

Also, what happened to the dead that used to follow us around?

The first one was offered to some horrific entity as a meal in one of Angartýr's less proud moments. The second one vanished shortly before Angartýr's meeting with the Devourer. Either the Devourer found a way to break the chains tying its soul to Angartýr to have a snack or something else happened.

Monty

Arcane
Good arguments here. A and D both have merit, but tempting as it is to launch an immediate attack I think we have to play a slightly longer game and build up to attacking the stronghold. Yes, it will mean they'll strengthen their defenses, but taking out their entire operation on our own just seems a bit far-fetched to me. And as Esquilax mentions, if by some miracle we do succeed we'll be the ones accused of evil deeds and possibly imprisoned. It's our first night back in town, let's investigate further and gather allies if we can.

We shouldn't kill Ingvar, I think he could easily be set up in this. Perhaps one of his men was bribed by someone else. An interrogation will do.

1 A, 2 A, 3 A

The idea of becoming a Christ figure is interesting, but Cassidy's answer warns us that it won't be that simple. Perhaps our choice will involve working more directly for our 'sponsoring deity' in return for a shorter hiatus. I think our future campaign will bring enough risks, let's not seek out death right now as we have enough to deal with as it is.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Warn her that if she is lying, he will come back and do unspeakable things to her and her family, both her real father and her false father.

Ok, that girl knows a bit too much for comfort. I don't even remember selling anyone’s soul to demons. Either I wasn't around then or I just forgot about it. Why the hell did we do that and what did we get in return?

Anyway, voting 1. No sense in pissing her off now, although if she knows that much about us her request does sound strange. If we are really captured by somebody or something, chances are our captors have enough power to simply not care about secret passages - they can just go in through the main doors and kill everyone. After all, we can do that, so why can't something even more powerful then us?

Jester

Arbiter
5 - time to open new skill set and it will come in handy when we be dealing with Myrr

What does 5 mean for the rest of this night anyway? Can't we meet her father and ask her to teach us to be more sneaky over the next couple of months? I'm all for training in a new skill, but not at the expense of doing nothing else while our enemies move freely against us.

Cassidy

Arcane
What does 5 mean for the rest of this night anyway? Can't we meet her father and ask her to teach us to be more sneaky over the next couple of months? I'm all for training in a new skill, but not at the expense of doing nothing else while our enemies move freely against us.

He can choose to ask for the taffer to teach him his skills in future updates rather than right now. It means attempting to become self-sufficient in stealth and infiltration skills to later get inside the mansion on his own.

5 basically means forgetting about anything else until he becomes skilled in taffing so he will not depend upon trusting someone else to get him where he wants for the sake of investigating the politics of The City and have a certain alternative to brute force.

Esquilax

Arcane
Wait, why the fuck are we holding off on important things like curbing the local Cthulhu cults in favour of pissing away the next few months to learn how to sneak? We simply don't have time for that shit and while we're wasting our time here, everybody else is going to be making moves against us. The whole reason why I wanted to ally ourselves with Freyjanna was in hopes that she could possibly sneak into the Myrr mansion for us - or at the very least, tell us secrets and passages within it to give us a heads-up before we charge into danger. I realize that if she is leading us into a trap, we are fucked, but I'm willing to take the leap of faith on this one.

1)

This place really is hopeless, isn't it.

Alright, voting 1A and 3A.

As for the second choice... I have no idea. I don't like what Ingvar is saying, but I don't think he is outright lying about it either. We have committed ourselves to the clergy (we even decided to help them financially - though we can probably still change our mind about that), but it looks like they are corrupted just the same and the head priest is a complete bastard. Maybe it's not too late to clean up the house, but I'm tired of the constant treachery of everyone in this city.

Fuck it, voting 2D, just to spite that bastard Freyvald. Plus, maybe we could get some more info on the situation in the city from the widow and the republicans... Starting with whether Ingvar and his daughter can really be trusted. But whether we choose B, C or D we should not let Freyvald realize the jig is up. Let him think Ingvar told us the Myrr are responsible for the assassination and keep him working for us until the time comes to purge him with the rest of the bastards in this place.

Jester

Arbiter
1A
2C
3A

still no stealth skills dmn, but sooner or later i will get Vetinari.

oscar

Arcane
I'm tempted to leave the clergy alone. They did believe we were at the forefront of an uppity republican movement but they're not (to our knowledge) demon worshippers. An eventual purge will be necessary however to teach them their proper place (loyal and faithful servants of the God-Emperor of Mankind).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom