Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review Redaxium - a feature-rich RPG unlike anything else, made by a truly visionary artist

Modron

Arcane
Don't you have to jump through a lot more hurdles these days so Brazillians can see your game like getting a rating from some huehue government body even if the game is not translated. It's just not something I expect most indy developers will even notice they have to.

Last edited:

Viata

Arcane
But it looks like it gave me 18 rating.
Yes.
image.png

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I've only just begun playing so I can't say if I agree with all of the review yet, but it's consistent with my experience so far. The art and sound are strange and even a little disturbing, but in an interesting way. Dealing with the UI is a struggle, but there's actually quite a bit happening in the game if you can get past that.

Haqq

Novice
Prosper, 50726f73706572, I have returned from the wastes to pose you a singular question. The review mentions that all art in this game of yours is all self-made. That may be so but all rivers have their source. Could you tell me how you came upon the pattern on the gilded building in the screenshot below? Were you inspired by something you had read or seen, or did you not think about anything in particular while putting it down, simply drawing what came to mind?

This item is currently unavailable in your region

Bolsonaro why
Man of the book, are you truly so blind as to why your half-corpse tribal chieftain would forbid you to partake in the visions of this mad prophet? There are places in world where the non-euclidean line that separates Earth from both paradise and hell is thin. Near the Amazon river and in the land of the she-men the djinn are most bold and fierce. In ages past their worship was unquestioned but even today they whisper and drive men not only to bloodshed but to delight in suffering while in your carnivals of animalistic hedonism you manifest yet another aspect. You are denied this masterwork for the same reason you are not allowed the true texts of St. Cyprian, you might reconnect with some ifrit prince and unshackle forces best contained.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It's just a game. Never mind the sigils. But if I did leave something out deliberately, of course you'd be the one to notice.

Although so similar to states of feeling, mystical states seem to those who experience them to be also states of knowledge. They are states of insight into depths of truth unplumbed by the discursive intellect. They are illuminations, revelations, full of significance and importance, all inarticulate though they remain; and as a rule they carry with them a curious sense of authority for aftertime.

Last edited:
Developer
Haqq

The abstract buildings as I refer to them are textured were created with modern microsoft paint technology.
It works by drawing shapes and more shapes. Sizing, positioning, erasing.
It gives me something to do while passing time.
When it all looks like something decent I save it.

Most of these patterns were made from a time long ago.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
He has a fascination with automatic writing/drawing. That you did so while passing time proves an unsurprising answer, and the one he was fishing for.

Haqq

Novice
He has a fascination with automatic writing/drawing. That you did so while passing time proves an unsurprising answer, and the one he was fishing for.
It confirms my suspicions indeed, flightless yet most blessed cherub, and the implications would be profound if not expected.

Developer
I've added Moonrises's review url to the store page!

I've also updated the game to Patch 1.03f.
The AI should be a little more aggressive now as previously discussed.

I admit sales have not been everything i've expected.
But many codexers already bought the game back in Early Access.
Whether they think it got better since then we may never.

I think Moonrise did a great job on the article. I wasn't sure what to expect.
But it has definitely got the game more attention.

Seems I won't be quitting my dayjob as a man on the verge of death from mental and physical exhaustion.

Maybe the game journos i've emailed will get around to reviewing the game too.

Last edited:

Yannos

Educated
So I'm not up to date with the 'Prosper Lore' but is the game itself, aside from the Visuals, actually entertaining or is it just a giant troll in game development form?
I really enjoyed Cruelty Squad because the gameplay itself is great and the visuals feel intentional. With this one I'm not sure if it's intentional or the dev is just hooked up to an IV-drip filled with LSD.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So I'm not up to date with the 'Prosper Lore' but is the game itself, aside from the Visuals, actually entertaining or is it just a giant troll in game development form?
I really enjoyed Cruelty Squad because the gameplay itself is great and the visuals feel intentional. With this one I'm not sure if it's intentional or the dev is just hooked up to an IV-drip filled with LSD.
It's on Steam, you can read user reviews:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1577940/Redaxium/

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
16 years or rusty's coffee break.
sweatonmybrow.png

Yannos

Educated
sweatonmybrow.png

What can I say? I'm a strong believer in keeping your mouth shut if you don't have anything to say I guess.

Developer

Redaxium is an open-world with many RPG features. And importantly not an ARPG for blasting through monsters.
I didn't want to build a better laser gun.

I've never played Cruelty Squad but I have seen a short video or two.

Cruelty Squad seems to have focused on immediate and constant thrills.

My game is far more passive with its thrills and spaces out content so that you may explore it more freely.
That said I lost a lot of time making such a broad rpg featureset , and thus sheer entertainment levels are not what they could be.

Yannos

Educated
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Don't get me wrong, I'm really into this kind of stuff but the talk around it seemed a bit weird :) ...
In any case, I'll give it a shot. Can't go wrong for only 9,00€

2022-01-27-13-01-28-Window.png

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
sweatonmybrow.png

What can I say? I'm a strong believer in keeping your mouth shut if you don't have anything to say I guess.
If everyone was like you, this forum would die. Is that what you really want? :positive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom