Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Prosper Redaxium - First person view. Stat-heavy RPG. Original title.

ADL

Prophet
The visuals are oddly endearing. The 16bit color palette, level design and first person perspective reminds me of some of the worlds.com realms I used to explore.
ImageProxy

Developer
Watched BING XI LAO's glorious video. Interesting the gui brokedown at his game resolution. More interesting is how counter-intuitive some of the interactions are to a new player.
I suspect I'll be making a big patch soon. I think I even saw a typo in my game's story introduction.

Developer
Will Escape From Population Earth backers get their keys for this?

Unfortunately I don't have a way truly verify their names and don't have the account anymore to investigate.

What I can do is a random give away of keys in their honor, maybe to celebrate conclusion of the first month of EA or since EA is going to be rather short, when leaving EA.

Steam seems rather strict about giving away keys. I'll definitely put in a request at some point, because there are individuals i'd like to give keys to for their support or effort.

Developer
FEDSMOKER
The ESC key is by default universal hotkey to CLOSE a menu. Perhaps you are referring to the fact you must exit other menus to return to the game.

The "Menus" button in the top left is what you use when in-game. Familiarize yourself with it. It has most of the menus easily accessible.

Developer
This game is what happens when developers spend too much time here, listening to autists saying that graphics in RPGs don't matter. You did it boys. This is your incline. Now go and play it.

Casuals be damned. Either you like video games or you don't. Art can be replaced, and iterated. The game is the horse, the wagon is your fancy presentation points. Horses take you places, wagons are just necessary for the trip.

There's a reason scam artists focus on the look of a thing over function. It comes from their actual inability to do something not just lul someone else will fall for this.

An artist has art, a programmer has a game. I say that as an artist. What should worry you is someone who promises a bunch of gameplay features but starts off with just some highly quality art with ability to only move around in their artistic world. That person is likely going to fail.

Maybe an artist would think something similar of me. I've shown ok amount of mastery over using layers and sculpting and clicking together primitive 3d models. But perhaps that's too simple for them to believe in me.

I thus offer you this to think about:
-All the vegetation and trees.
-All the terrains.
-All the custom objects I bothered with. (not many but they don't ruin anything)
-All the creatures.
-Even the UI that people keep shitting on.

TL;DR I'm on the right track. However it does seem i'll be losing lots of sales others get during EA.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom