Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
All Woke Meme's aside - the game looks so uninspired and boring.
Does every game have to be c0-op.. Arkane is completely brain drained.
I think they're being told what games to work on. I don't think they have any creative freedom on the matter.
Boss see borderlands 3 sell, tell arkane to do something like it quick and cheap , more gamepass shovelware .

Borderlands 3 was shit though. If that's what they are getting inspired on, then there is really no hope for Arkane.

Mortmal

Arcane
All Woke Meme's aside - the game looks so uninspired and boring.
Does every game have to be c0-op.. Arkane is completely brain drained.
I think they're being told what games to work on. I don't think they have any creative freedom on the matter.
Boss see borderlands 3 sell, tell arkane to do something like it quick and cheap , more gamepass shovelware .

Borderlands 3 was shit though. If that's what they are getting inspired on, then there is really no hope for Arkane.
Shit ? its irrelevant, it sold millions thats everything that matters. Once there's shareholders there's no hope, they are making toy for kids like obsidian or inxile.

ADL

Prophet
https://www.windowscentral.com/leaked-redfall-screenshots-show-weapons-environments-and-menus
-Game is described as open world game in line with something between Borderlands and Breath of the Wild. A core story taking you across the world, but also a myriad of side arcs, missions, and fights.

- Gameplay style/loop is very similar to Borderlands

- Seamless openworld compared to the likes of BoTw and Ghost of Tsushima

-Can be played solo or co-op

- 6 Playable characters to chose from

-Each character has a unique hero ability

-One character had a bird that acted as a sort-of drone, and the other could cloak for added stealth. Another character had something similar to a shadow hop or other short-range teleport move (Blink ability in Dishonored)

-Game can be tackled stealth or guns blazing

-Get XP from killing enemies and doing missions (theres side missions)

-There are bossfights in the game similar to bosses of Borderlands

-Size of the map is similar in scope to Fallout 76 or Ghost of Tsushima

-Mix of traditional weapons like rifles and handguns, and also more unique stuff like a Stake Launcher.

-Enemies are a dynamic mix of ranged, melee, vampire, and human.

- There are NPCs, but not AI partners replacing human co-op like in Left 4 Dead. Closer to Borderlands or Assassin's Creed NPCs.
Don't care, I'm still pre-ordering Redfall

ADL

Prophet
As long as it has Arkane's DNA in it I'm all for it. Maybe if they add loot shooter GaaS elements to their games people will fucking buy them. Lord knows they need it with a good portion of the immersive sim audience seething over the black characters in Deathloop.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
So nobody agrees with my post on page 1, is anyone willing to tell me which game Arkane have made and released which is so terrible?

Is it Death of the Outsider because it has a black lead? Is it Youngblood thanks to undefined Additional Work they did for MachineGames? Is it Prey because it used the name Prey? Is it some original Xbox shovelware nobody has heard of? Is it simply outrage button clicks that ignore the content of my post because Deathloop and Redfall look stupid? Do you people even play video games?

Latelistener

Arcane
So nobody agrees with my post on page 1, is anyone willing to tell me which game Arkane have made and released which is so terrible?
I've found Dishonored 1 to be deeply flawed on release, but then changed my mind over the years and now I'm just sad that I haven't seen any games with that kind of atmosphere and world building and it's been 10 years already. Daniel Licht, Viktor Antonov, Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio working on the same project — nowadays it sounds like some kind of delirious shit.

I've completed Prey recently, but it sort of did nothing for me and somehow it has even more issues. Maybe I change my mind about Prey too, but I expect things to go even more downhill.

I think Zenithesda just doesn't understand why people enjoy games made by their studios, that's why we've got Fallout 76, Wolfenstein: Youngblood and The Elder Scrolls: Blades. And now Redfall.

Curratum

Is it Death of the Outsider because it has a black lead? Is it Youngblood thanks to undefined Additional Work they did for MachineGames? Is it Prey because it used the name Prey? Is it some original Xbox shovelware nobody has heard of? Is it simply outrage button clicks that ignore the content of my post because Deathloop and Redfall look stupid? Do you people even play video games?

I mean, I'll just flip your statement on its head, because I think the ONLY truly, genuinely good game(s) Arkane made was Dishonored and the franchise as a whole.

Arx was a clunky mess even back when it came out. Did my best to like it but can't enjoy it even with Liberatis.
Prey was so boring, I uninstalled it about 2 hours into it.
Deathloop... Now this.

Edit: Sorry, forgot Dark Messiah. Ok, that's two good games.

toughasnails

If nothing else here's hoping that they'll build up some hype during that time bc it doesn't look like that many people have any idea about this game being a thing. Of course that would mean that Bethesda would have to throw few bucks into marketing which they seem p averse to when it comes to Arkane's recent stuff.

Harvey Smith said:
...excitement for Redfall...
rating_citation.png

toughasnails

Deathloop... Now this.
Really? You seemed like exactly the type that would like Prey.

You might want to actually give a chance to Deathloop at some point, it's a p fun game if you approach it with right expectations. Basically very polished, streamlined Dishonored that is unapologetically focused on satisfying combat rather than pushing you into stealth.

Curratum

Deathloop... Now this.
Really? You seemed like exactly the type that would like Prey.

You might want to actually give a chance to Deathloop at some point, it's a p fun game if you approach it with right expectations. Basically very polished, streamlined Dishonored that is unapologetically focused on satisfying combat rather than pushing you into stealth.

But... I played both Dishonored games without killing anyone at all. I appreciate the combinations possible and the sandboxy nature and the original and cool plans you can come up with when it comes to killing, I just don't play that game for the killing at all, so I'm not sure what appeal I'll find in Deathloop.

Prey is overall a better game (well, at least until the last 2 hours) than either Dishonored, but it’s certainly not perfect, and its level design is strictly inferior.

Deathloop is… a game. It’s not terrible, but it’s definitely not amazing. It’s really fucking easy. Not much more to say about it than that.

Redfall just looks like generic GamePass fodder. Who knows? Maybe it will find an audience there, but there’s no way it’s going to shift many copies through retail.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
A co-op looter shooter with teenage, cringey protagonists with guns, magic powers and vampires.
And this, from.....Arkane of all studios. After Deathloop, you're dead to me.
Now I don't speak for everyone. Some might be
giphy.gif
But right now I'm kinda
giphy.gif
And after it flops I'll be
tenor.gif

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

I mean, I'll just flip your statement on its head, because I think the ONLY truly, genuinely good game(s) Arkane made was Dishonored and the franchise as a whole.

Arx was a clunky mess even back when it came out. Did my best to like it but can't enjoy it even with Liberatis.
Deathloop... Now this.

Arx Fatalis is their best game.
Prey is as good as Dishonored.
Deathloop is their first brainfart.

Puukko

Arcane

Deathloop... Now this.

Now, I haven't played it, but I get the impression Dishonored 2 would be their first brain fart.

SumDrunkGuy

I can't wait to never play it. I'm pretty much done with multiplayer games. Have been for a long time.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Deathloop... Now this.

Now, I haven't played it, but I get the impression Dishonored 2 would be their first brain fart.

The level design in Dishonored 2 is excellent. The story is mediocre. The DLC as well.

Dishonored world has a lot of potential, Dishonored 2 is not as original as the first game but it's no brain fart.

toughasnails

You are right, you clearly haven't played the game.

It's p much Dishonored +, the first game with bigger budget and more of everything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom