Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Let's actually wait for the gameplay. I suspect these characters are 4 playable classes with different abilites you can kill stuff in the city. I wish game would be more serious and more catering to prestigious kids since I'm grown up kid.

Latelistener

Arcane
I had no idea who they're making Deathloop for and now this. The new Arkane is so out of touch.

Imagine if From Software decided to make a cartoony battle royale. That kind of the level of disappointment.

ADL

Prophet
I can't imagine Arkane ever making anything without immersive sim elements and as long as they do that, I'll buy anything they make.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I can't imagine Arkane ever making anything without immersive sim elements and as long as they do that, I'll buy anything they make.

You don't have to imagine it.. You just saw it.. Twice.
Deathloop and Vampire Fortnite

Let's actually wait for the gameplay. I suspect these characters are 4 playable classes with different abilites you can kill stuff in the city. I wish game would be more serious and more catering to prestigious kids since I'm grown up kid.

Guys let's just wait for the gameplay ok?!
Maybe it will *actually* end up exactly... how we.. all already expect it will..??

Uhm.. Yes..? That's why it's going to be shit.. :?

orcinator

Liturgist
Being made by "just ignore all the mechanics and play with your feet if you want a challenge":the dev is the final stake in this game's coffin.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
https://old.reddit.com/r/ElderScrolls/comments/9gm6sl/bethesda_filed_a_new_trademark_on_the_10th_of/

Just thought I'd let you guys know, might be interesting.

Let's discuss!

If this has anything to do with TES6 then what this could be it the two words REDGUARD and DAGGERFALL put together into REDFALL. The word itself does not make much sense though, I doubt they would name the next game Redfall.

Keep also in mind that this cannot be put together from REDGUARD and HAMMERFELL because of the E in the FELL.

This is my opinion!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
I had no idea who they're making Deathloop for and now this.
Deathloop still has a chance of being good. Can't say the same for Redfall.
agree. i read the description of deathloop, It can be very intriguing if they pulled it right.

redfall though. co-op shooter with 4 characters, so it feels like left 4 dead but with zoomer humor

Nephilim

Educated
Did Arkane lose a bet or something that they had to resort to this?

I expected Dishonored-like gothic looking vampire game, not this clownery.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Did Arkane lose a bet or something that they had to resort to this?

I expected Dishonored-like gothic looking vampire game, not this clownery.
That bet is called prey and they did lose

:negative:

"Let's finally make the successor to system shock. We have the technology and resources"

Made a brilliant game.

Game flopped due to mismarketing and pissing off some fan of the old series due to bad title

Take two/bethesda: aight, no more immersive sim

Butter

Arcane
Patron
When's the last time someone said "Just wait and see what the gameplay looks like" and the game turned out to be good?

OctavianRomulus

Learned
The best thing about this was how TES fans who thought this would be the name of TES VI were trolled.

Everything else is meh.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I recall that Harvey was very much into co-op shooters, like Borderlands. As he seems to delete his old tweets, I can't find stuff that I remember him saying.

Last edited:

Rieser

Scholar
Wow, it's like they were doing a checklist of everything the average codexer would hate and then made a trailer based on it.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Hate is a big word. I simply feel indifferent as this is an obvious game design by a marketing team.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom