Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

Don Peste

Arcane
I get it now, this is the logical evolution of The Crossing to present standards!

Curratum

Just a brief glance at the youtube thumbnail is completely sufficient to tell you that you don't want to have anything to do with this game.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know what I dislike about this? I feel like there's some Arkane scattered around in there. The weird unorthodox weapons certainly resemble machineries in Dishonored, that lift ability looks like how a Dishonored entity summoned a lift from Prey, even one of the vampires looks kinda like the Outsider. But the rest of it feels... off. For Deathloop I can tell something intriguing and unique purely based on the first cinematic trailer's premise, while this looks like another dime in a dozen co-op hero shooter.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
I'll wait for gameplay, but my expectations are low. At least I read that it's possible to play the game in single player, hope this is true.

Any game designed around pick up and go co-op is not likely going to be the single player experience you want to have.
Imagine playing any Survival Game or Left 4 Dead by yourself.

I'd rather watch paint dry.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
I'll wait for gameplay, but my expectations are low. At least I read that it's possible to play the game in single player, hope this is true.

Any game designed around pick up and go co-op is not likely going to be the single player experience you want to have.

Yeah, but *maybe* Arkane is doing it better?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

Yeah, but *maybe* Arkane is doing it better?

Do you actually think so? Based on that trailer.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Remember when Todd Howard's Wife went on a long ramble about single player games..?

Followed by.. every release coming from this publisher being - co-op / mobile / multiplayer?

What did they mean by this?

Mortmal

Arcane
All Woke Meme's aside - the game looks so uninspired and boring.
Does every game have to be c0-op.. Arkane is completely brain drained.
I think they're being told what games to work on. I don't think they have any creative freedom on the matter.
Boss see borderlands 3 sell, tell arkane to do something like it quick and cheap , more gamepass shovelware .

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Uncle Pete says:

Is there still the same freedom of gameplay as in Oblivion?
There are plenty of ways to solve most quests. You can play using stealth if you put enough points in. This makes it easier to find rare loot. Science points allow you to hack machines. You can really customise your experience. And then there's the whole good, neutral, evil aspect. This is based on how you deal with people in the game. Definitely go to talk to Gob, the bartender in Megaton. If you take his feelings into account you get a different experience and he will talk to you differently. How you resolve conflicts generally plays a big part in affecting your karma.

CUSTOMISABLE EXPERIENCE, BABY!

maxresdefault.jpg

Never change, Pete :gumpyhead:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom