Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Redfall - open world vampire slaying co-op FPS from Arkane Austin

orcinator

Liturgist
Redemption arc rarely happen, but when they do, it's on the condition of being some kind of potential or idea behind the project, that just got confronted to the grim reality of deadline and having to pay the bill.

I fail to see any kind of potential in "queer vampire hunting shooter".
If they get enough marketing done they can spread the meme that it's "totally fixed now" like NMS and Cyberpunk

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
You can count the number of games that "redeemed" themselves on one hand and even if this game was fixed it'd still be a generic uninspired knockoff with shit art direction.

Sarathiour

Cipher
If they get enough marketing done they can spread the meme that it's "totally fixed now" like NMS and Cyberpunk
My point is that, regardless that if both of those games are good or not ( I played neither) , there is an audience for it and some kind of potential on paper.
No matter how much you turn this one around, this look about as appealing as hyenas (the thing that got cancelled a few month before release).

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Redemption arc rarely happen, but when they do, it's on the condition of being some kind of potential or idea behind the project, that just got confronted to the grim reality of deadline and having to pay the bill.

I fail to see any kind of potential in "queer vampire hunting shooter".

It's a special kind of insult to say that the brains behind Redfall probably lack the talent and competency of... NMS and 2077 devs.

The marketing department definitely bailed years before its launch. 2077 legit had one of the best (worst?) marketing campaigns in video game history.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You can count the number of games that "redeemed" themselves on one hand and even if this game was fixed it'd still be a generic uninspired knockoff with shit art direction.
Any online multiplayer focused games that got ressurected off gradual patching? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
And this one drops to single digit players at times, at least on PC. The lowest lows.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Any online multiplayer focused games that got ressurected off gradual patching? Can't think of any off the top of my head.
And this one drops to single digit players at times, at least on PC. The lowest lows.

Final Fantasy 14 is the big one, I think. The devs made a big deal of publicly apologizing, and apparently they fixed the game and the playerbase was pretty happy.

It's about as good as a video game redemption gets.

The fix also became an apocalypse that is part of the storyline. A recent event had the director's self-insert comment on how it's been hard enough to make him think of giving up, but rewarding because even the players bitching about the game are having fun.

Redfall is a new IP so it's way harder to get people to give it a second chance, but they still have to develop the promised DLC content for it so they might as well try to fix the gameplay while at it. The patches already fixed the floaty shooting (a bit) and increased enemy spawns (but resources apparently weren't rebalanced). Changing the co-op oriented skills is probably too much work but they could give them more effects and tweak values to make the player more powerful and make it more of an horde-killing game.

-M-

Educated
It's a special kind of insult to say that the brains behind Redfall probably lack the talent and competency of... NMS and 2077 devs.

To be fair, this is Harvey Smith we're talking about...

Final Fantasy 14 is the big one, I think. The devs made a big deal of publicly apologizing, and apparently they fixed the game and the playerbase was pretty happy.

The Final Fantasy 14 one is also pretty different from other redemption stories. The redemption of “Final Fantasy 14” involved a different team within Square Enix making a new game called Final Fantasy 14 to replace the original version. If the Redfall fix was something like the Final Fantasy 14 one, it’d involve Microsoft giving the game to another studio to make some kind of new game with the same name.

The Final Fantasy 14 one is also pretty different from other redemption stories. The redemption of “Final Fantasy 14” involved a different team within Square Enix making a new game called Final Fantasy 14 to replace the original version. If the Redfall fix was something like the Final Fantasy 14 one, it’d involve Microsoft giving the game to another studio to make some kind of new game with the same name.
What a coincidence, they recently acquired a dev company that has some members with some experience on making games about vampires...

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
Regardless of what you might think of the game, if the last patch makes it work completely without the live service component it was previously dependent on and it's truly offline, i think that's commendable. I'll believe it when i see it though.

Regardless of what you might think of the game, if the last patch makes it work completely without the live service component it was previously dependent on and it's truly offline, i think that's commendable. I'll believe it when i see it though.
You bring up a good point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom