Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Resident Evil 4 Remake - out now for PC/Playstation/Xbox

ADL

Prophet

Released March 24th 2023 on PC, Playstation 5 and Xbox Series S/X

It's okay. Haven't played the Ada Wong DLC.

Last edited:

Tehdagah

Arcane
They will probably remove all the arcadish elements and turn it into a survival horror with six enemy types and flat level design. Based on the few past RE games Capcom completely forgot what made RE4 good.

Edit:

iciVbhs.png

I really wouldn't be surprised if this game has RE6 gameplay, and instead of linear levels you have a bunch of different paths once you're pass the opening village similar to Dark Souls. It could even have the same Dark Souls save system that brings enemies back.

I mean, it's definitely not going to have the standard RE4 gameplay because even stuff like the RE2 remake dropped tank controls and let's you move around when you're shooting. If your pushing that action gameplay of RE4 further, the place you're going to land is RE6. Although maybe they keep the RE4 grapple system as opposed to the RE6 one which was just slightly different enough to be able to throw you off if you were expecting the same type of moves from shot locations like four and five had. Even something like a leveling isn't wouldn't been too outside the scope of what the original RE4 did since Leon would just automatically up better moves as you progressed in the game.

These are all good things.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Shinji Mikami won't like this they are turning his revolutionary action game into a survival horror title to fit better with the previous games. Still, it's Capcom this will definitely be polished and fun.

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
One change I wouldn't mind seeing is Leon attempting to talk to the first villager in Spanish as opposed to talking to him in English. Makes him seem like a bit of a dick at first.

SumDrunkGuy

One change I wouldn't mind seeing is Leon attempting to talk to the first villager in Spanish as opposed to talking to him in English. Makes him seem like a bit of a dick at first.

Oh weird, Mexicans have been coming over here and doing it for eternity now but the second a white guy goes over there and talks in his native tongue it becomes problematic.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Looks like they are ditching the cheese and going for grimdark style of other remakes. Well, best case scenario is this game ending up being a cohesive reimagining and not "re4, but shorter, and without jokes".

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist

Oh weird, Mexicans have been coming over here and doing it for eternity now but the second a white guy goes over there and talks in his native tongue it becomes problematic.
Mexicans keep breaking into your house and asking where their daughter went? I didn't think that was a problem, but fair enough.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
No, it's a spanish guitar, taconeo (women heels) and castañuelas. Flamenco inspired music:

That whole introduction is a reference to the song played in the original at the start of the game, when Leon is on the car with the two police guys

I was seeing a random streamer listening to that and saying "this is the last of us" lol. Some friends and me (from spain) knew the game was RE4 remake when the music started and the R appeared. It's one of the most popular "spanish" setting games even here, all considering the setting itself it's absolutely non-sensical mess that mixes spanish and latinoamerican culture with pure fiction.

Looks like they are ditching the cheese and going for grimdark style of other remakes. Well, best case scenario is this game ending up being a cohesive reimagining and not "re4, but shorter, and without jokes".

I think Village showed they are not afraid of cheese in new Resident Evil. I'd still expect the cheese in this. I just hope this one is a over the top violence as some of the new RE games have been, until 7 rolled around RE4 was the last RE game to have any balls when it actually came to showing stuff. Although 7 had a good deal of cheese too.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Shinji Mikami won't like this they are turning his revolutionary action game into a survival horror title to fit better with the previous games. Still, it's Capcom this will definitely be polished and fun.

Imagine the whole Demon's Souls art and music team seeing what they did with the remaster.

Also, do wonder if they remove all the Ashley pantys- ... of course they will. Why am I even asking?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom