Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Divinity: Original Sin
Yet, the trailer shows murray, the demonic skull... which is from Curse of monkey island. Is he going to take ideas from post-gilbert monkey islands?

Well, actually I really like murray...

Falksi

Arcane
Devolver's announcement tweet confirmed it will pick up after MI2. :incline:

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1510995585138147333
Introducing Return to Monkey Island, a new game by Ron Gilbert that picks up where Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge left off.

Which is precisely what Gilbert has always wanted to do: His own version of Monkey Island 3. He's been talking about it for years.

How appropriate. He writes like a cow.

Keshik

Arcane
Yet, the trailer shows murray, the demonic skull... which is from Curse of monkey island. Is he going to take ideas from post-gilbert monkey islands?

Well, actually I really like murray...

Seems at least Murray's in. He had said he'd "steal" ideas/characters from the games done by others though.

CRD

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
If there ever was a game needed to be done with "pixel art" it would be this. That visual style is just not relatable for me.
remember monkey island 3 and the remasters

there is no need for pixel art

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also, even though he is 80 year old, they had better get Earl Boen as LeChuck. Unless LeChuck isn't in it which I can't imagine.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Art is fine, breh. Anyway, aside from Gilbert and Grossman, David Fox and Noah Falstein were also involved. This is basically OG LucasArts from the mid 80's to early 90's.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom