Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Return To Monkey Island - MI2 sequel from Ron Gilbert

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Guybrush Threepwood via Stable Diffusion
Here is what I got.

I dunno man.... but I guess dick fingers would be an improvement over a dick nose.

FbROqWR.png
I think Ron would have liked this.

Ravielsk

Magister
Calling the adventure game genre dead at this point when we've had many decent (and many mediocre, admittedly) games in the last decade is fucking dishonest at worst, and clueless at best.
The thing is that there are two different kinds of "dead" in the gaming industry. One is the state where no new games in the genre are made at all and the other one(employed by Ron and most executives) is just the genre no longer being at the top of mainstream interest. To them adventure games are not dead because nobody makes them anymore but because you no longer see them in the top 10 seller charts.

Its a dirty little linguistics game the industry has been playing for years now with pretty much everything from the PC platform to the very concept of singleplayer. Mostly because for the executive branch its easier to pronounce something "dead" than to admit they have no idea how budget development.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Promised myself that I'd never buy anything he was involved in, after seeing how much he was gushing over Anita Sarkeesian in 2015 or so. I'll stubbornly stick to that promise.

Antigoon

Augur
Journos already expecting negative reviews by toxic gamers, adding a couple of points to their scores. Currently sitting at 89 on Metacritic. Sure....

negator2vc

Scholar
So ChristopherOdd now do adventure games playthroughs!!!????! WTF!

And of course the game must have a casual mode and a todo list!
As for stupid UI it's even more weird ingame (1/3 of the times shows stupid jokes about the hotspot, 1/3 a description of hotspot/action, 1/3 the actual actions)
REALLY glad I am not spending a single piece of eight on this game!!

Brancaleone

Prophet
Since I couldn't give less of a flying fuck about not having this turd spoilered, I'm watching a let's play stream and, let me tell you, guys, we are in for some real treat... :deadtroll:

Scrounger

Educated
Will someone at least try it, pirate way ofc har har ? :D
Btw, I'm utterly horrified of UI, more so than graphics judging from one video...

toughasnails

So far the reactions in the user reviews are universally positive. Either there's some memeing going on that I'm not aware or Ron's fanboys are out in force, or... the game is actually legit good?

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So far the reactions in the user reviews are universally positive. Either there's some memeing going on that I'm not aware or Ron's fanboys are out in force, or... the game is actually legit good?
The first 30 minutes I played were a very pleasant surprise. I was underwhelmed and doubtful of the art style when the trailer was released, but once you're in it, it looks pretty clean and its execution is rather polished.

The dialogs are snappy and bring a smile to the face. The set up of the story is intriguing.

Too early to think anything of puzzle design.

Soundtrack is also perfect.

Brancaleone

Prophet
From the hour or so I've watched, humour is like Josh Whedon after a couple of lobotomies, everything is dull and drawn out, and it goes on and on memberberrying away in the cringiest possible way.

It's like it's trying its darnedest to give you the constant impression that you are watching some retarded hipsters larping as Monkey Island characters, rather than actual characters in an actual story.

Keshik

Arcane
Wonder when it'll go on sale. Reviews for it are positively glowing, the Ars Technica one takes the cake so far.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's the usual dudes that play for 5 minutes and go "greatest game ever", or people that leave temp review... ehem, but then never updates it.

Remember, positive review bombing is A-O-K.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I occasionally write reviews for games on Steam, even have my own little curator page.

Not once have I reviewed a game this close to release, because you can only form a proper opinion when you've finished the game (especially in a genre like adventures which focus on story and puzzles rather than mechanical gameplay, so if it falls apart in the later half a review must reflect that) or at least played long enough to see at least half of its content.

Anyone who posts a review this early is either a fanboy or a hater. And since all the reviews are positive, they're all fanboys.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The market dictates my creativity and art!

Now. Buy my game, you racist bigoted retro fascists.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom