Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RimWorld - Damned Colonists in Space

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
if anything the creator

heck the creator is forced to increase gays because his initial model was based on some studies thats "obsolote" in our year of 2020

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Saw this guy gliding across my screen. First thought was "when did we get a crawling mechanic??"
1701190783961.png

Is actually being carried to the trash by a tiny lifter mechanoid :-D

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I can barely cremate them fast enough, they just keep throwing themselves at me. At least the organ harvesting operation is in full swing.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I installed a bunch of mods and it almost feels like the dev keeps pawns retarded for balancing reasons. For example, the better hauling mod is such a big improvement to hauling logic and behavior. And why can't we replace walls but have to manually deconstruct before constructing new ones?? Mods fix it. First time using the combat extended mod and it's incredibly fun. Shotgun absolutely destroys unarmored targets at close range, can't even miss with the buckshot.

Another essential mod
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2572109781
Let your pawns enjoy a real harem! Now you can turn on a polygamy mode for double beds. On this bed, you can assign only one colonist who will be called a master. But all other colonists, who are in a loving relationship with them, will line up and take turns spending sleep time with a master.

biffthestiff

Educated
This is the best game of the last 10 years, if not more. Pure crack cocaine. It has so many addictive gameplay loops. I played it nonstop for a month straight the day I got it (before the first DLC).

Checking my gameplay notes I like to leave for my future self:

• If a mechanoid ship lands on traders' path, call an ally and ask for an exotic caravan, then trigger the ship and have them get killed when they arrive so you can loot their fancy gear
  • Don't bother with floors at all, if you're in a biome with just soil. A single sculpture does 10x more to room impressiveness than the best floor, and everything stays clean (since dirt is created from pawns moving from soil/sand tile to any). This saves a huge amount of time on cleaning. Even a dirt floor, as long as there's no blood, is below food poisoning chance when cooking. On soil floor bedrooms you can even plant flowers (make it a growing zone) for beauty. EXCEPTION: hospital needs sterile tiles.
  • Captured a pirate you want to recruit but they have an addiction? Cut off both their legs (install peg legs, then remove them), wait for addiction to end, and when they're OK install new legs. Keep reducing resistance as they recover.
  • Melee: once medicine supply is no longer an issue, unequip your weapon and punch healthy prisoners (non-downed). Chop off their hands to make them hurt you less, but they can still headbutt and bite.
  • Medical: very easy to level once you have herbal medicine and ideally a hospital. Do constant surgeries on captured pirates. Start by installing 2 peg legs, then 2 wooden hands, then remove them. Without legs the pirate stays in the hospital bed, and can never escape.

biffthestiff

Educated
Medieval Times

I will try that medieval mod, I hope they have added some new ways to preserve food. There's also some Warhammer Old World overhaul, might be fun to play as skaven

I wouldn't use Medieval Times. It's on my "shitty mods" list, for this reason: Doesnt lock research or spacer factions, so while you have swords, they got miniguns. Use Vanilla Factions Expanded - Medieval for the medieval storyteller instead. But it's kinda boring.)

Hellraiser

Arcane
Space exploration of nearby planets/moons for samples of insectoids, archotech devices and other FUN stuff? I mean why else do that kind of background with a ringed planet and moons.

Also I hope that means we can skin and butcher the tentacle raep abomination for more premium leather and gourmet luxury meals for our cannibal slaver gang.

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Space exploration of nearby planets/moons for samples of insectoids, archotech devices and other FUN stuff? I mean why else do that kind of background with a ringed planet and moons.

Also I hope that means we can skin and butcher the tentacle raep abomination for more premium leather and gourmet luxury meals for our cannibal slaver gang.
Can't wait to turn the tentacle rape monster into something to rape tentacle rape monsters with.

Johannes

Arcane
How much crap is too much crap? Thinking back I might have enjoyed this game more when it was simpler, without all the dlc bloat or even all of the release version stuff. Maybe the world map is a pointless diversion. But it was just fresher then too so idk.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom