Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ring of the Ruby Dragon, first in the HeartQuest series

Erebus

Arcane
We're not letting the first member of our soon-to-exist harem escape so easily ! You're coming with us, Coren !

Not that I think that we'll have to go very far to find the dragon, of course...

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I see, I see. Can't have competition. He's our attractive young knight, and nobody else's!

CB9ddWK.png

fi16REq.png

EgiZZTS.png

IOZGx3v.png

hR46QRi.png

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
I didn’t expect the beginning to be so deadly, or the end so... lacking in interactivity! But that seems the best possible ending. She thwarted the dragon, saved her father, and rode off with her own personal bodyguard. We should all be so lucky.

Erebus

Arcane
I certainly expected the whole thing to be quite a bit longer ! I thought that we'd be given the chance to use our ioun stones several times during the adventure, not that it would be limited to a last-minute deus ex machina. Well, perhaps it happens differently if we make different choices.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
All the HeartQuest books are quite thin. Roughly 160 pages each. The second book appears to have only one love interest, so maybe there's more room for branching.

Dayyālu

Arcane
I certainly expected the whole thing to be quite a bit longer !

Maybe they thought that women don't like in-depth RPG mechanics.

But yes, for CYOA books this is really short and lacking in depth (no extra use of the Ioun stones? No monster encounters bar satyrs?).

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Okay, we're starting over from the first choice. This time we'll travel to town seeking more experienced help.

ODjeh7S.png

XcebGQi.png

2z6cVl6.png

wAwBkNJ.png

yZNfEaM.png

0BbM7yk.png

9EV1upp.png

Erebus

Arcane
Hopefully, this path will turn out to be longer than the other one.

If I were a red dragon and there was a sage investigating me, I'd make sure to use my powers to control him and have him feed false information to adventurers. So let's visit the witch instead.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
So we've decided to travel with Torbeck the fighter and Jancy the halfling thief, and we're headed to see the "lawful good" witch. This ought to be interesting.

DqyfaD0.png

P6wgxPA.png

2zg9yGL.png

1WsVfUk.png

5PQhNdY.png

Erebus

Arcane
The plot of this path seems to be rather more developped than the one of the other path.

Let's go into the woods.

Moonrise

The Magnificent
Patron
Into the woods we go!

I95BEbt.png

BRtUss4.png

0wIcXBK.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom