Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Risen next-gen rerelease

Wunderbar

Arcane
And the new version doesn't even launch on Win7 64bit. Guess I'll have to dust off old retail box, apply latest patch and try it again.
bDAt0vt.png

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I've started a third replay of Risen. Here are some random bits of the new experience:

1. I've gotten tangled up in the whole Harbor Town thing because I entered it as the first quest area instead of Bandit Camp. I want to become the Mage (for the first time), but I also wish to obtain Picklocking and Pickpocketing too. Having saved myriads of safe-saves and having played 2x10 hours in both directions, I've managed to leave the town with the majority of quests finished, 2/3 points in the Picklocks and Pickpocket, still being neutral and able to acquire quests in the Bandit Camp, yay!

2. No signs of treasures behind the waterfall yet. Alas, I do love my left shoe:

Surely there isn't any treasure behind a waterfall in Risen though? I think there's a huge cave system behind one in the southwest (tied to late game quest)... and there's treasure there... so I guess that qualifies in a "trick question" kind of way. But there's no typical "small hidden treasure area behind waterfall"?

I'd wager my left shoe there is, and if I remember correctly it is by the cliffs.

3. Fighting animals 1v1; oh boy, it took me 2 and a half replays to find out
that if I make a step or two towards the animal after it has finished its combo, I can often land as much as a 3-hit combo, contrary to the "normal way of things". That is, as soon as the animal finishes its combo, it mostly always dodges your first attempt to hit and will very often interrupt you with its own attack before you try to land a second hit or execute a side step. Clever design against the lame approach to fighting from Piranhas there, heh, am cleverer now :D

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
There is treasure above waterfall, the starting one in fact. Most notably a hero's crown, but some other shit as well. Also, the guy from house burglary quest in Harbor Town goes there if you let him live.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Did they fix the audio issue?
You actually made me realize that only now. Yes, it seems so.
I'd completely forgotten that I had to manually raise Risen's volume slider at the Windows sound mixer every time I ran the game. That is no longer the case. Risen's volume is now at the same level as the rest of the sounds and not, as before, at 20%. The truth is, the game still shows a 5+1 setup while I am running a mere stereo, and I can't change that. But that's probably just a bad symbol or something; I often use headphones, and I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Ok, why does the Risen title music sounds like Fallout New Vegas theme?

I mean just listen to it, like wtf how did i missed it years ago

It's actually FO3's theme. People have pointed that out since day one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom