Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rome: Total War Remastered

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
My short review;

Is FPS fine? Yes, superb.
Crashes? No, not yet.
Bugs? In one battle out of hundred, some units refused to charge and stopped moving
Can I alt-tab? YES.

Only reason I'd ever buy remake/remaster in first place is to play a version of game that lets me alt tab without crash and RTWR lets me do just that, so without nerfs to modding potential it gets my thumbs up.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Only reason I'd ever buy remake/remaster in first place is to play a version of game that lets me alt tab without crash and RTWR lets me do just that, so without nerfs to modding potential it gets my thumbs up.

Forgot about the alt tab crash. That shit was annoying.

Suppose I'll buy this for $15 or whatever the deal is just for the modding potential. I feel dirty though.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

You can do that in the original RTW by setting it to borderless window mode.
Just add -ne in the command line, which sets it to borderless window.
You can easily do that in the Steam version too by editing launch options in the Steam launcher, which lets you add command line edits.
I've been playing RTW in borderless window for 15 years. Even allows for alt-tabbing during loading screens and AI turns.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i like what i see so far but i'd be far happier if they put in the original ui and fix up the ai a bit

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
I have mixed feelings about the UI.
On one hand it does feel a little cleaner, but on the other it feels like they removed a lot of important details from it.
The city management screen is a lot less detailed than it remember it being in the original, and it doesn't have those neat little sprites.

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
I am happy this POS won't run on Windows 7. Saves me the time of filing through pages of comments on bugs, giant install size, poor performance, and still-shit AI.

My old Rome install with Roma Surrectum mod never looked so good.

A horse of course

Forgot about the alt tab crash. That shit was annoying.

Suppose I'll buy this for $15 or whatever the deal is just for the modding potential. I feel dirty though.

No point buying it until some of the bigger mods have been ported and expanded on a bit. By the thyme that happens there'll be another sale.

Deleted member 7219

If there's a Europa Barbarorum port then it's worth buying.

If there isn't, then I won't bother. The gameplay of Rome: TW has been surpassed by subsequent entries in the series.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I don't see much activity on the Workshop either, you'd think there'd be a whole bunch of smaller mods popping up.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't see much activity on the Workshop either, you'd think there'd be a whole bunch of smaller mods popping up.

There are a fair few smaller mods to be fair, they just aren't that interesting. People want big mega mods RR and EB ported.

Probably gonna take a while cos they'll need to do new models and textures..

Sarissofoi

Arbiter
Well.
The promised limits lifting still didn't happen and somewhat modding is harder and come with new limitations.
So well...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well.
The promised limits lifting still didn't happen and somewhat modding is harder and come with new limitations.
So well...

And so my interest for this Remaster is completely gone.

They will be lifted according to what Feral say on the discord, they want to do a closed beta with modder groups first apparently.

Whether they deliver on that? Who knows.

A horse of course

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom