Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex 2023 GOTY - POLL IS CLOSED!

Gregz

Arcane

This debate and discussion is officially no longer allowed on the RPGCodex since Infinitron has been running things.
If it is not allowed, what exactly are we doing?
Any thread that focuses on this topic is moved into a containment zone by the administration as a matter of policy.
I understand the need to corrall and separate certain groups of crazies from those that simply want to discuss games.
Think I'm exaggerating? This thread was recently moved into 'Gaming Drama' from General RPG Discussion:

List of woke and non-woke roleplaying games
Yes, Gaming Drama will do just fine!

Cucked homos like yourself are drowning this hobby.

Gregz

Arcane

Let me guess, because I'm not screeming
:liberals:
from the rooftops, all the time?

I think we'll manage without this sort of 'discussion' in GRPG.

If 'we' is the handful of faggots who are grossly overrepresenting yourselves through post count, then sure.

Or maybe you missed the vast majority of positive ratings on Twiglard's first post.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
That it's done in a ending slide is no qualitative difference it's just a different medium for the same C&C and the gameplay impact is nigh the same.
id say its quite a big difference when safe haven and vendors disappear? Or the fact that npcs no longer appear in future acts to vouch for you/offer help/whatever.

You brought arcanum, what exactly is in there?are you arguing that tarant falling to ruin many years in future is the gameplay impact?

I have not played arcanum in Full, but even at the starting areas there are multiple variables that change depending on your build, race and stats that have an impact on what quests you get and how to solve them. Again, BG 3 does nothing new, i'm really not willing to debate if for example the reactivity on low intelligence is worth more than idk, rescuing a unwilling damsel in distress that tries to ressurect his beloved with witchcraft which you stop and she becomes annoyed with you.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Let me guess, because I'm not screeming
:liberals:
from the rooftops, all the time?

I think we'll manage without this sort of 'discussion' in GRPG.

If 'we' is the handful of faggots who are grossly overrepresenting yourselves through post count, then sure.

Or maybe you missed the vast majority of positive ratings on Twiglard's first post.

Well, what is it, a wave of cucked homos drowning the few righteous or is it a handful of faggots? Can't even keep simple things straight

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
I have not played arcanum in Full
:what::what::killit::flamesaw::imperialscum:

no wonder your opinions are so crap, you don't know what you're talking about

did you "not play bg3 in full" either, yet arguing arcanum vs bg3 C&C?

I did in fact not play BG 3 in full either, I played a "not Larian supporting" copy and stopped in act 3 right after the wholly gay brothel shit with the devil.

And Arcanum has more relvant C&C in it's first 5 Hours than BG 3 up to act 3.

EDIT: I wasn't aware that Arcanum having a decidedly shit combat system is a hot take. (because it has.)

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
due to your actions in bg3 whole settlements will disappear

Literally every CYOA booklet has that. Thats not hard to do. Also a bunch of games have that, including titles such as Wasteland 2.

Let me know when they have something like Slave Pens in DS where you have 5 different ways of breaking through or fighting in the Arena.

Last edited:

Irminsul

Literate
Also CnC isnt a principal tenet of RPGs. It's something fags with low standards invented as a cope.
This is the first time since I have come to this place that I see someone say this. I was starting to wonder what my DNA is missing, that I don't think that C&C is significantly more important than other merits of a game.

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Also CnC isnt a principal tenet of RPGs. It's something fags with low standards invented as a cope.
This is the first time since I have come to this place that I see someone say this. I was starting to wonder what my DNA is missing, that I don't think that C&C is significantly more important than other merits of a game.
Well, CnC is pretty cool but it's really not necessary to have a good RPG.

It's better to have none than have to have fake reactivity like BG3 has.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Who cares about choices when your choices only affect how the longest and cringiest fantasy soap opera on earth unfolds? A video of BG3 gives me the same feeling as when a woman tricks me in to watching a show she likes, for example Grey's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries. Get your T levels checked if you're in to baldurs gate 3.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
gives me the same feeling as when a woman tricks me in to watching a show she likes, for example Grey's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries
Despite the insight into your repressions, this is a thread about the best cRPG of 2023, aka BG3. Please keep your whining at bay or check your T levels

PaquoCastor

Novice
Even better than ending slides, a character just telling you the future—kek.

But seriously, the best CnC is chargen having huge ramifications on gameplay and quest progression.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
gives me the same feeling as when a woman tricks me in to watching a show she likes, for example Grey's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries
Despite the insight into your repressions, this is a thread about the best cRPG of 2023, aka BG3.

Irony of the century coming from a ?man? who literally plays BG3 to appease his (repressed) inceldom

Please keep your whining at bay or check your T levels

Check his T for not playing BG3?

Brother, a 14 year old girl has more T than you.

Idk why you of all people talk about T. You are literally a twisted faggot.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I don't think that C&C is significantly more important than other merits of a game.

In the absence of REAL gameplay, people will invent copes and new definitions.

In the age of post modernism people will try to deconstruct norms and traditions because they are lost.

For society this means reinventing genders for example. For videogames this means reinventing genres (e.g. Soyer: Wizardry is not an RPG but Pentiment is).

This is the same sickness.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
A video of BG3 gives me the same feeling as when a woman tricks me in to watching a show she likes, for example Grey's Anatomy or Vampire Diaries.

This is exactly what it is

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom