Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex GOTY 2015 Poll - All citizens take part

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Only turn-based RPG's should be in the poll in the first place... +M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This poll made me realize just how few games I played last year, yet I still had (very little) time for League of Legends. Fucking addictions mang, how do they work?

you could be playing cool shit like red alert or chaos reborn or worms armageddon with cool people instead asshole

but no

better feed the popamoles
borealesad.jpg

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
Nope. I use the rating system & bayesian average exactly to avoid the poll becoming a popularity contest.

Let me give you an example:

5EPuVAd.jpg

The first graph is from a game that has tons of votes, but you can clearly see people rate it "meh-to-good", with the majority giving it 3, then 4. The second has less than 1/3 of those votes, but people mostly rated it "good-to-great", so clearly it's a better game, even though the other one is way more popular.
:hmmm:

So, the second game is the better one because it has a very niche fanbase. What if large groups here avoid entire subgenres (action RPGs, RTwP, JRPGs)? Shouldn't their opinion be of some value, even if they don't play a game because they despise the subgenre? After playing 10 Final Fantasy games I can safely skip their latest turd knowing I will not enjoy it, but of course I can't vote against it.

Are you trying to make Undertale GOTY knowing most codexers wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, leaving free reign to the weeabo squad? :troll:

Azael

Magister
Wasteland 2
This poll made me realize just how few games I played last year, yet I still had (very little) time for League of Legends. Fucking addictions mang, how do they work?

you could be playing cool shit like red alert or chaos reborn or worms armageddon with cool people instead asshole

but no

better feed the popamoles

Red Alert, eh? That's a game I haven't played in ages, but have fond memories of. Worms is just a recipe for getting humiliated by way of ninja rope failures. You guys still do PnP?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
It's that situation where nobody really seems to want to play but the GM keeps making scenarios so ok let's play but then GM stops now it's GM fault game is over.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
I genuinely hope someone brute forces this to make Undertale win. I haven't played Underrail nor AoD, so I really don't know if it's actually goty - but the possibility that an Undertale GOTY here could potentially lead to suicides is too great to pass up.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nay, it will lead to a schism of the Codex.
Those who can not live with the poll result will split off to form the RPGQuran and announce a holy war against the infidels who lead their paradise into decline.
Vast amounts of outdated memes, easy to find gifs and crappily drawn pictures will be dropped onto each others' sites, many virgins' (mostly 30+ y/o males living with their parents) innocence violated, countless of basements ravaged and keyboard/laptops destroyed by sugar-overdosed butthurt overweight nerds unable to control their rage.
Prophecy tells that peace will return only when the savior known only by the initials MCA reunites these two groups by announcing a new project with a backer-tier only reachable when both groups combine their donation.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I genuinely hope someone brute forces this to make Undertale win. I haven't played Underrail nor AoD, so I really don't know if it's actually goty - but the possibility that an Undertale GOTY here could potentially lead to suicides is too great to pass up.
More like felipepepe getting a visit by baltic gentlemen.

Aenra

we baltic gentlemen have some very finely-tuned sensitivities. Am just not sure if they will be to felipepepe's liking.. admittedly, we're rather erm, unsophisticated i should say ^^

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The pool is rigged. It's on Google and therefore Codexians whom live in China cannot participate.

Fuck you.

Gregz

Arcane
You can't blame for deleting the votes that keep spamming 1 on Undertale... trolling won't be accepted.

So you're going to 'hand tailor' the votes until you get the results you expect approve of?

Scientific Method, it matters. And yeah, we need to keep votes in threads so we have a paper trail...Mr. Wizard playing with spreadsheets and bayesian parameters behind the curtain we do not need.

Get a real data set first, then do whatever post-analysis you want.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom