Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Codex Review RPG Codex Review: Stygian Reign of the Old Ones

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
I don't think Steamspy's data is as reliable as it used to be, and I'd be especially cautious about its data this close to launch.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't think Steamspy's data is as reliable as it used to be, and I'd be especially cautious about its data this close to launch.
Achievements give a somewhat-clearer picture https://steamcommunity.com/stats/779290/achievements

World Dart Champion
Drive Hershel mad 67.5%

A Last Wish
Decipher the first line of the Dismal Man's Poem 22.0%

A Lead Bottle
Decipher the second line of the Dismal Man's Poem 21.1%

Is it really over?
Complete the game 4.3%

Unfortunately there's no achievement for making it through the bank, that would be more helpful. Regardless, it does appear that the majority of players never even complete the two quests you get immediately after (though those that do end up solving both).

zaper

Yes.
Developer
Loved the fucking game, don't care what nobody says. Slow as fuck combat, sure, and plenty of bugs, and of course it should have been longer, but I can't badmouth it.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I can't recommend the game in its current state.

6R8amT3.png

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
ironyuri's still around, huh?

For what it's worth, I never experienced any gamestopping bugs with an unpatched game. I did keep track of how many times something bugged out

1. Combat froze when I hit the R key to reload. I never used the shortcut again, only the GUI. Allegedly fixed with the first patch.
  2. The bank cutscene kept repeating and wouldn't let me continue. Fixed with a reload.
  3. Sometimes I'd get a magic item with the bonuses and maledictions already revealed, but it'd clear up eventually
  4. The menu screens eventually wouldn't come up at all on the hub area with the Eel Inn and drug store. I worked around it.
  5. Experienced a freeze when initiating a random encounter. Reloaded.
  6. The movie that's supposed to play during the theater scene didn't (Maybe there isn't one and you're supposed to use your imagination?). I just held down escape to skip it.
  7. After the last cutscene, it crashes to desktop. I downloaded the patches since they mentioned adding a credits scene in the patch notes, but it still crashes to desktop. Oh well.

Overall, annoying, but nothing I'd consider a huge deal, ymmv of course.

V_K

Arcane
Maybe there isn't one and you're supposed to use your imagination?
No, there is a movie. I did think it was a huge waste of resources though. Could have easily been dealt with through text.
I mean, it's a nice piece of animation, but completely irrelevant to the game's plot - or at least not relevant enough to justify being a cutscene.
I never experienced any gamestopping bugs with an unpatched game.
I had one, with the enhanced Host of Loa spell. Otherwise, aside from a few instances where characters were moving backwards, it was a bug-free playthrough for me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom