Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex Review: The Age of Decadence

duanth123

Arcane
I have monsters to kill and question marks to explore.
And here I am thinking that you would have disabled those map question marks put there for dumbfucks with a fetish for instant gratification.

Busted!

Btw, why is there no developer mug for VD.:cmcc:

After all, he's all offishul now that AoD's a non-vaporware release...

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hopefully the IP will be in the hands of a proper AAA dev by then. We will finally get the fully 3D, open world and real-time experience that AoD was always meant to be, as a decent budget will remove a lot of the technical limitations that restricted ITS.

I laughed and then cried cause ITZ what would exactly happen if franchise was bought by AAA developer. Just compare TES and Fallout before and after they became AAA.

Cadmus

Arcane
Kinda boring to read and too neutral positive. It almost sounds like you didn't want to write this review. You don't get excited for the shit parts and you don't get excited for the great parts.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Probably reserving all the excitement for when UnderRail releases.
I really like AoD (despite sucking at it and not getting very far yet) but I hope UR gets goty above AoD. (Or that Styg will delay to Jan 2nd or something and both win goty!)

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Hopefully the IP will be in the hands of a proper AAA dev by then. We will finally get the fully 3D, open world and real-time experience that AoD was always meant to be, as a decent budget will remove a lot of the technical limitations that restricted ITS.
Not to mention 'Romance the way it should be done by non-retarded people', by Vince D. Weller.
I fully expect trans/homosexuality, BDSM, psychological abuse, mental traumatization, pedo/necrophilia and foot fetishism to be involved.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
By the end of next week I want either AoD update 3 OR a Witcher 3 review by VD. Either one is fine by me.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
At the very least he could tell us were he stands regarding the Yennefer-Triss question. Yennefer or Triss? This is important VD.

Lhynn

Arcane
Game gets shittier as you play it and it makes you want to murder VD at least once per hour. Overall worth playing.
Matches my experience with it perfectly.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Are you planning to review it?
Planning to play it until it gets boring and repetitive, then play something else. If it was a new game, maybe, but it's been already discussed to death on the Codex. I doubt I can add anything new at this point.

So far I'm enjoying it. The sandbox aspects are done MUCH better than in Skyrim and DA:I. Both the combat and character systems are better than in Witcher 2. So there isn't much to bitch about.

I thought you don't like anything that isn't TB.. VaultDecliner?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Never claimed that. There are plenty of great RT RPGs (Daggerfall, Darklands, Ultima Underworld, etc).

DeepOcean

Arcane
I've just discovered Witcher 3 so I have monsters to kill and question marks to explore.
You could play Fallout 4 too and write something like "Fallout 4 vs. Witcher 3, the GOTY battle: The secret diaries of Vault Dweller and his descent into the popamole darkness."

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Never claimed that. There are plenty of great RT RPGs (Daggerfall, Darklands, Ultima Underworld, etc).

That's fair.. I guess I misremembered a post. I thought at one time you said anything non-TB was shit..
I think it might of just pertained to RTwP combat though..

although I did find this gem..
I prefer turn-based combat. Anything else is tolerable at best. PoE combat is definitely tolerable.

I would hardly refer to tolerable as "GREAT" but I think I am drifting into pedantic land at this point..
Again.... I swore I read a post of yours that said any combat that wasn't TB was essentially shit. Can't find it though..

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Possibly. I've never really liked RT combat, so 'tolerable at best, shit at worst' does describe it well. However, combat is rarely a defining aspect in RPG. In fact, most great (by the Codex standards) RPGs have weak or shitty combat: Arcanum, Planescape, above mentioned Darklands, Bloodlines, New Vegas, Mask of the Betrayer, etc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom