Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review RPG Codex reviews Risen 2: Dark Waters

MCA
I more or less trust Darth Roxor's opinion on the game, he communicates the flaws clearly in general but the review itself is so whiny and full of BAAWWWW, I had to stop reading half-way. It was so boring to read so much that I'm sure even playing the game itself is a better experience than reading this poorly written review. No offense, Darth Roxor bro. The Brazilian Slaughter agrees with me.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I will not believe this until I read it from The Brazilian Slaughter himself! :mad:

Regardless, perhaps the review was ranty as fuck, but that's because this game got me very... emotionally engaged.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Just started playing this and immediately came across a lighthouse. It's even called "Jack's Lighthouse" on the map. Just sayin'.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Read the review, good amount detail. Risen was disappointing to me, but Risen 2 sounds downright atrocious. They seem to take the bad parts of Risen and intensify them.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Who dares to awaken this thread from its slumber

I read it before loading up the game for the first time. I thought the "no lighthouses" line was amusing and thus remembered it. Then I immediately found a lighthouse.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom