Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community RPG Codex vs. HiddenX

LeJosh

Savant
well, if Larian where real bros they would include Codex references for free.

Gragt is a chef in the black cove, I think that counts. :)

Regarding the fundraisers, it ultimately defeats the point of fundraising if you equalise both, no? Why not just give what you're willing to give and leave it at that instead of multiple donations to fuck with people?

*shrugs*

the black cove?

If you don't like spoilers don't watch, I suppose it isn't too spoilery as it was in an update video but, at 3h 12m, Swen says he'll change the name of the chef to " a guy on the codex who visited us to play the game."

It's an unlockable area that can be missed, basically.

LeJosh

Savant
And he's not wrong, I read the entirety of it and enjoyed every second.

Now deliver on the cake! ;)

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Hmmm plot thickens. Could it be myrthos bamboozled all the money and in the wind now?

rpgwatch.PNG

LeJosh

Savant
According to the Twitter (7h ago) they had to do a reinstall and restore their backup, which usually runs for hours.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Do i hear some major:
:butthurt:

from the great DU?

You underestimated our tiny community by far.
From my estimation, around 30 - 50% of the money RPG Watch has raised so far has come from you doubling every donation. I'd like to see you keep that up when the next KickStarter comes around. :smug:

Meanwhile, when the next KickStarter comes along, the Codex will be there supporting it while the Watch will have to resort to pitiful attempts and relying on a single user to even keep their campaign competitive. Hell, RPG Watch can't even keep their puny website online during one KickStarter - while we've survived 6. :smug:

100 from 530 active users have spent money on RPGWatch -
I'm very proud of that - many gave their monthly income!
100 / 530 = 18%
We have 347 donors for Divinity / 1,000 active users = 35%

What's the matter RPG Watch, too sleepy over there? So far, all that's happening is you're having your funds exhausted while we're not even trying that hard. You weren't even interested until the Codex made this into a Watch vs Codex battle and suggested that we should get the better reward because we'll raise more. That really seems to have gotten up your goat.

So tell me, who's trolling who? :troll:

Tigranes

Arcane
I'm very proud of that - many gave their monthly income!

The mantra for a new age, when forum communities become the smiling middleman for corporations.

I kid, but its amazed me just how much money Codexers have to spend. Of course I don't have a real job (scholarship hurr durr) but I put in about 3-400$ for recent KS and that's pretty much more money than I've ever spent on games in a calendar year.

JDR13

Arcane
So which one of you guys hacked The Watch?

And how do you import a custom avatar to this crap-hole?

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
So which one of you guys hacked The Watch?

And how do you import a custom avatar to this crap-hole?

All this and more is explained in the RPGWatch refugee thread in the general discussion forum. ;)

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Well it's ending up as a battle of rich dudes, that's quite sad.
Geez, Larian should just ignore the amount given by each side and make the whole Imps vs WatchTower thing an eternal battle where the hero can join forces with one of them, ignore the whole silly thing or just kill every single one of those sad creatures for massive bonus.

We at Watch want choices with consequences in that Imps vs. Watch quest:

for example:

a) cast the Imps out of the universe
b) join forces with the Imps to invade the lands of Lord Bioware
c) fight an eternal battle (maybe ending in Divine Divinity Original Sin Part 10)
d) Let Myrthos and DarkUnderlord do the fighting stuff - Watchers and Imps are drinking beer in the Jailor's tavern
e) destroy the Watch with an Army of 1000 Imps -> however HiddenX has a backdoor ... ;)
f)...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
We still have a few days, I hope we can turn this battle around. Then we can troll the Watch into the Abyss.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom