Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Codex's Best cRPGs - DISCUSS THREAD / NOW ACCEPTING REVIEWS

hiver

wtf... i didnt see that in OP... godsdamnit i must be going blind.

thanks. ill go and correct.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
isnt trolling (and retarded fucking imbecilic butthurt because someone does not like the same things you do), what youre doing with that post?

-edit- Im not FUCKING TELEPATHIC!

Not alot of faith in your own community.. that's sad.
If you want religious fanaticism, go back to that shithole of wasteland forums, faggot.

Thanks for the advice shitbrains. Maybe I'll consider it. Meanwhile, do the world a favor and hang yourself while stroking your tiny dick. You cancerous degenerate piece of fucking human trash.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
isnt trolling (and retarded fucking imbecilic butthurt because someone does not like the same things you do), what youre doing with that post?

-edit- Im not FUCKING TELEPATHIC!

Not alot of faith in your own community.. that's sad.
If you want religious fanaticism, go back to that shithole of wasteland forums, faggot.

Thanks for the advice shitbrains. Maybe I'll consider it. Meanwhile, do the world a favor and hang yourself while stroking your tiny dick. You cancerous degenerate piece of fucking human trash.

Wow, it's like hiver is talking to himself...

hiver

I dont know... i dont have fantasies about stroking tiny dicks while hanging myself. Its just a pathetic subhuman projecting his own desires, again.
And when i say someone is a subhuman turd, its usually a truth. Which, for example, that shit proves with every post since he started posting here.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Looks like
dumbfuck.gif
has infected this topic.

Sunsetspawn

Arcane
Just got the 206th vote, making this the largest Codex poll ever, bigger even than NeoGAF's one.

:greatjob:
As the decline steepens, codex membership and participation grows. Many years ago the codex helped me out of the shitbog I was wading in and I eventually had to join as punishment thanks.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Now that we have over 200 voters, I'm considering releasing a Top 60 list, instead of a Top 50.

This isn't a award or anything, more of a help for people that want to try new games, and the list seems solid up to #60...

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Now that we have over 200 voters, I'm considering releasing a Top 60 list, instead of a Top 50.

This isn't a award or anything, more of a help for people that want to try new games, and the list seems solid up to #60...
Maybe instead of a set number of games it should be all games that more than a certain number of points?

Deuce Traveler

2012 Newfag
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

So we'll just categorize everything after #60 to be 'games felipepe thinks are shit'. I could live with that distinction.

Maybe instead of a set number of games it should be all games that more than a certain number of points?

This.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Stretch goals. What will you do if 250 people vote?

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Don't see how it will differs much. More than 20 points get you in the Top 50, more than 10 on the Top 60.

So we'll just categorize everything after #60 to be 'games felipepe thinks are shit'. I could live with that distinction.
Nah, there aren't any games that I hate in the Top 100. But the ranking bellow 60 gets too convoluted, since any game that just got 2 5's is already in.

Digital Downloadable copy of a DRM free mosaic of the Top games art, so that you can use it as background for your desktop. Will come in various resolutions, for PC or MAC OSX or Linux.

At 300 voters Chris Avellone will write a novel on the voting process.

Also, we have a THANKS BRO tier: pay me a beer and I'll have a beer with you.

Black_Willow

Arcane

goal
We'll invite MCA to do a piece of writing!
Next goal: Jeremy Soule will make the soundtrack (with DU as a one-man orchestra)

edit: Huehue ninja ITT !

nordbird

Novice
These lists are great for discovering new good RPGs where choices matter instead of crap with the illusion of choice.

:Flash:

Arcane
What will the list be like? Will you just post a list to the forum, or will there be a series of articles on the Codex front page with screenshots and short descriptions of the games?
I think the latter would be worth it, as people like these kinds of lists and you (or other Codexians) actually know what they are talking about in contrast to the people who create those kind of lists for "major" gaming sites, so people might actually learn something useful.

nordbird

Novice
What will the list be like? Will you just post a list to the forum, or will there be a series of articles on the Codex front page with screenshots and short descriptions of the games?
I think the latter would be worth it, as people like these kinds of lists and you (or other Codexians) actually know what they are talking about in contrast to the people who create those kind of lists for "major" gaming sites, so people might actually learn something useful.

If I'm not wrong, it will be like this:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/rpg-codex-peoples-awards-best-rpgs.81637/

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
As a sanctioned-but-unofficial list, that kind of thing will likely depend a lot on how the Administration feels about the results.
Yeah, probably. I'm trying to think of alternatives... I like doing various poster reviews per game, but this time I want to focus more on the stuff below the obvious Top 10... I don't think we need 5 people telling us why Fallout is cool... AGAIN.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom