Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hirato I just thought we might want a private Wasteland 2 beta forum, not this abomination.

I don't really see anything wrong with discussing wasteland 2's beta in the inXile sub-forum. Maybe add a "beta" prefix with a strict "no spoilers in the title" policy?
Besides, such a private forum would likely exclude users like myself who contributed sufficiently to the kickstarter, but not to the Codex fundraiser.

What inXile subforum? This is just DU trolling, it'll all be merged into one big RPG forum soon. Just like the old days.

Also, edited my post.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If that's the case, then that's probably not a bad idea.

Also edited my initial post for clarity

Captain Shrek

I think a Wasteland 2 and maybe an Eternity subforum is warranted because of their mega-threads. Other than that I dun like it.
They are subforums as they are. No need to make extra tabs.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Nice trolling, change it back, retards. Sheesh, give it at a break already. First that avatar shit...

Under nazi VD this would never fly.

laclongquan

Arcane
Based on the idiosyncatic behaviour of DarkUnderlord recently I predict a high level of stress, either in his works, or in his life. These practical jokes are just safety valves.

So DU. Anything you care to share? Some prospective child that you are going to have to pay alimony?

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
5qkERtA.png

Staff coming up with ways of trolling the codex...

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
We could use direct links to various RPG sub-forums on the main forum page (yes, I know they are available in a droplist, but it's a pain to use).

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Jaesun you should make sub-boards for every individual game inside the developer sub-boards, to better prevent the emergence of megathreads.

Also I think this great improvement should be implemented in General Gaming as well.

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jaesun you should make sub-boards for every individual game inside the developer sub-boards, to better prevent the emergence of megathreads.

Also I think this great improvement should be implemented in General Gaming as well.
It should be implemented in /gd/, somehow. I'm sure the staff will find a way that will piss off the most people. Dividing along racial lines sounds promising.

Jim Cojones

Prophet

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Subforums? What subforum?

You mean, there's other subsections beside that New Posts? beside that http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?find-new/27590598/posts ?
Even if you mainly use new posts to browse Codex, subforums are useful for preventing topics you don't care about from showing up there, with 'ignnore new posts' section in your profile options.
Well this way you can filter out a single developer, so it's even better.

Regvard

Arcane
This is incline. Why don't you guys just take it one step further and divide those developer sections into games as well? It would be nice not being subjected to Alpha Protocol or Oblivion.

Last edited:

Lancehead

Liturgist
Surprised DU hasn't got around to messing with the New Posts page; it really looks untouched and functional.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I propose an even better solution: one sub-forum for every letter of the alphabet. For example Arcanum, Arx Fatalis and Alpha Protocol threads would all go into the "A" forum.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I'm not sure if I approve of this change, I'd have to see what happens when shit like Fallout 4, Dragon Age 3, and so on, are released.
I say we burn that bridge when we come to it. Making a containment chamber for all the tards drowning the RPG section in samey threads once big new games are released is a very good idea but a dedicated sir-tech sub-section for example isn't necessary.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom