Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPG Sub Forum Streamlining Bullshit

mondblut

Arcane
Jaesun must either have an awfully boring life, or a hardon for moving the threads around. I propose changing the subforums paradygm bi-weekly, to keep him permanently occupied and happy.

spekkio

Arcane
One more reason to avoid gRPG (?) altogether.
News, jRPG & GG are much more user-friendly (one click to check what's going on).

:incline:

PROTIP: just merge everything back (prestigious cRPG + popamole shit) and make one big cRPG subforum. It would even generate additional butthurt (oldshit monocled games next to newshit popamole shiat) - win-win situation.

And:

JESUS FUCK how do you navigate a 900 page thread about one game
In most cases - you don't. Just create a new thread if you want to ask about something specific. That's what everyone does anyway.

LivingOne

Savant
I propose an even better solution: one sub-forum for every letter of the alphabet. For example Arcanum, Arx Fatalis and Alpha Protocol threads would all go into the "A" forum.
Oh shit DU brofisted this,run for your lives!

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I propose an even better solution: one sub-forum for every letter of the alphabet. For example Arcanum, Arx Fatalis and Alpha Protocol threads would all go into the "A" forum.

We'll have a problem with games starting with "The", though. Nobody knows where those go.

mondblut

Arcane
Better yet, let's have A to Z subforums at even days, and year-by-year subforums at odd ones.

Except at the third thursday of every month, when subforums should be organized after the developer luminaries. MCA games subforum, Gaider games subforum, Molineux games subforum, etc.

mondblut

Arcane
Oh, and

xJwLmuZ.png

It is now official, The Management's accounts were hacked by 14 years old NEOGaf kiddies. I am eager to discuss Planetscape Tournament with them.

Nixon had to resign for less :obviously:

Borelli

Arcane
Subforums i don't mind but most of these new ones are too small to be split off from the main one. Computer RPG section did it's job good because i could see everything important in one place.
Overall, i dislike the new changes and i would like a return to status quo.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nooooo the new textbox saves unposted messages even if you delete them.

Mortmal

Arcane
When custom avatars were removed, there was not nearly enough butthurt, i think DU was disapointed and rightfully so . Now its obvious the new choices , dividing subforums cant satisfy anyone, its a success everyone is butthurt about it but it also umpractical and cripple the codex functionality . Its likely those forums will become ghetto, posts will be moved there and be forgotten forever, ghost towns . The next step should be to booby trap those subforums to make it even more hard , click on them and get your posting privledges removed for a few hours, some of them remove your avatar, some redirect to the watch .

Syl

Cipher
Lately the Classic RPG forum was moving a little too fast for my tastes. Often a one week old thread was already on page 2. IIRC DU doesn't like that also and I think that's why the staff want to change things. With the imminent arrival of several anticipated RPGs it will only get worst. So let's say a forum split is indeed in order.

I propose a forum for Unreleased RPGs. Whether it's announced, kickstarted, in development, a demo, alpha or beta, it goes there. Once officially released, a new thread is created in the proper forum. Almost half the active threads of RPG Discussion fall in this category so it's a effective split in my opinion.

Also bring back General RPG Discussion. And maybe make a forum for Action RPGs.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Lately the Classic RPG forum was moving a little too fast for my tastes. Often a one week old thread was already on page 2. IIRC DU doesn't like that also and I think that's why the staff want to change things. With the imminent arrival of several anticipated RPGs it will only get worst. So let's say a forum split is indeed in order.

I propose a forum for Unreleased RPGs. Whether it's announced, kickstarted, in development, a demo, alpha or beta, it goes there. Once officially released, a new thread is created in the proper forum. Almost half the active threads of RPG Discussion fall in this category so it's a effective split in my opinion.

Also bring back General RPG Discussion. And maybe make a forum for Action RPGs.
Expanding on this idea, if we must have multiple subforums, let's try to keep as few as possible and divide them down lines that no one can argue with - the monocle RPG / popamole RPG line has always been blurry. How about a scheme like this:
Ancient RPGs - Games released 1989 and earlier
Classic RPGs - Games released between 1990 and 2004
Modern RPGs - Games released 2005 and onward
Unreleased Games - games that aren't out yet

That would divide discussion and nobody could argue about where certain games go. Additionally, megathreads could be locked to kill them. If that isn't enough subforums they could be additionally broken down into 1990-1995, 1996-2000, 2001-2005, 2006-2010, and 2011+, or something like that. In any case, I think it would be better than the current system.

Helton

Arcane
FUCK this SHIT. Put all the discussion together don't need this handholding shit you're killing our beloved forum! There is no legit reason for subforums right now. cRPG, that's it, that's all you need.

Cassidy

Arcane
I stopped caring about GRPGD a long, long time ago, but it is a dick move to do desecrate the heart and mind of RPGCodex forums while keeping Popamole AAA Discussion and JRPG Kawaii untouched. It sends an implicit message too about what the Quislings behind this truly love too much to have given the same treatment towards:

:popamole: :desu:

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I sense great amounts of :butthurt: in this thread.

DU must be pleased.

Borelli

Arcane

This is an excellent idea. It would fit the Codex like a glove.:bro:

Helton

Arcane
DU, it has been brought to our attention (by TheWesDude) that many of your closest staff advisors are actually members of a nefarious TERRORIST CELL. They are undermining our western values. They control your food. They control your water. And now, they control your cRPG forum.

There is still time to act. Put the counter-revolutionary forces against the wall. We have compiled a list of offenders who must be purified for the good of the collective.

Jaesun - For crimes against the crown, rampant faggotry, and defaming the sacred RPG subforum. He brings disgrace to us all.
Infinitron - For popamole subversion. He is a world leader in decline, ushering in the "mega thread".
Baby Arm - For being a choke artist, finish your rap battles bitch.

Between them they have orchestrated the fall of our once great forum. They have one of them manufactured a crises, to which the other would propose a decline-focused solution. You have been played, great leader. A wise Maximal hero once said:

A deed once done cannot be undone. But, perhaps, it may yet be mitigated.

It is that time, DU. Enact the great mitigation. Save the Codex. You're our only hope!

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Expanding on this idea, if we must have multiple subforums, let's try to keep as few as possible and divide them down lines that no one can argue with - the monocle RPG / popamole RPG line has always been blurry.

Not really, other than for a few "my XBawks popamole hiking sim is better than your Xbawks popamole hiking sim" Morrowind fanbois.

How about a scheme like this:
Ancient RPGs - Games released 1989 and earlier
Classic RPGs - Games released between 1990 and 2004

Any "scheme" that separates Curse of the Azure Bonds from Secret of the Silver Blades is not even worth arguing against.

In any case, I think it would be better than the current system.

Anything would. We could sort the games alphabetically by the second letter from the last in their names, then add a random element and change it daily, and it still would be better than the current system.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom