Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

RPGWatch was going to shut down - taken over by Taluntain instead!

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tkd9WSJAdbLc.jpeg

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'm not sure if this is real or not, but I have encountered people who legit think like this.

And a piece of my soul dies every time.

That loon has me blocked even though I'm a small account who barely talks to anyone or gets retweeted (I guess I followed an account he didn't like and he has a bot automatically block followers of people he doesn't like?), he's definitely sincere.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Last time I checked RPGwatch forums where less active than gameFAQs boards. Anyone expecting a big influx of RPGwatch users might end up severely disappointed.

Sykar

Arcane
I'm not sure if this is real or not, but I have encountered people who legit think like this.

That loon has me blocked even though I'm a small account who barely talks to anyone or gets retweeted (I guess I followed an account he didn't like and he has a bot automatically block followers of people he doesn't like?), he's definitely sincere.

You seem to be terribly distraught over that.
:happytrollboy:

Edit: Underlined and bolded for clarification Roguey

Last edited:

Cleveland Mark Blakemore

Golden Era Games
Übermensch Developer
It could be worse:

YUP....that's the feeling....goodbye bit of soul....

:negative:

You start to understand the vaccine and the why of it when you watch things like this.

Somebody has decided these beasts should simply be eliminated. They cooperated by coming in and rolling up their sleeves for the needle, which sort of proved their point.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

These people use blocklists that are gathered through account follows iirc, yeah.

That's why when I used to use twitter, I'd only follow CNN, MSNBC etc. :M

Avantre

Educated
Last time I checked RPGwatch forums where less active than gameFAQs boards. Anyone expecting a big influx of RPGwatch users might end up severely disappointed.
I'm not sure most people ever went to RPGWatch for the forums. I sure didn't - I went there for the front page news. HiddenX and the others there posted tons of news about all sorts of upcoming RPGs there so that even the heaviest RPG game players were often saying "I hadn't heard of that one, I'll have to check it out". For any other advantage this site might have, the Codex front page news is pretty anemic compared to RPGWatch's.

Sharpedge

Prophet
When Pillars of Eternity 3 eventually comes out, they will need to change the protagonist from a Watcher to a Codexer.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I'm not sure most people ever went to RPGWatch for the forums. I sure didn't - I went there for the front page news. HiddenX and the others there posted tons of news about all sorts of upcoming RPGs there so that even the heaviest RPG game players were often saying "I hadn't heard of that one, I'll have to check it out". For any other advantage this site might have, the Codex front page news is pretty anemic compared to RPGWatch's.

How did they gather their news?

Late Bloomer

Scholar
Western values, current version.

Should be avoided by any normal person.

Western Values you say? How about American employess working after hours for free to come up with a tool that rates diversity, equity, inclusion on a numerical scale? This is the original press release before Blizzard changed it to be less offensive to the twittersphere.

https://web.archive.org/web/2022051...om/newsroom/2022/05/king-diversity-space-tool

Notice that being Egyptiian will net you 7 out of 10 points on their scale. While being slim and curvy will net you 0 points. A somewhat low score of 4 points for only having one eye.

Here is a picture for those of you unwilling to read such drivel.
3yxAUwp.png

halkony2012

Literate

It could be worse:

These kinds of videos kill me inside. I find it ironic that she admits she has, at most, a high school education in science. How do you explain to such a person that science is just a collection of beliefs that are difficult to falsify and literally *can't* be destroyed?

It reminds me of a quote, "It is difficult to remove by logic an idea not placed there by logic in the first place."

Sykar

Arcane
It could be worse:

Well she was called out for it being untrue by someone there. So not all are obviously on the same page.

It could be worse:

These kinds of videos kill me inside. I find it ironic that she admits she has, at most, a high school education in science. How do you explain to such a person that science is just a collection of beliefs that are difficult to falsify and literally *can't* be destroyed?

It reminds me of a quote, "It is difficult to remove by logic an idea not placed there by logic in the first place."

Correction, science is a field of knowledge gathering that tries to create models from the collected data which have practical application and predicitive power. Basically the opposite of belief.

halkony2012

Literate
It could be worse:

Well she was called out for it being untrue by someone there. So not all are obviously on the same page.

It could be worse:

Correction, science is a field of knowledge gathering that tries to create models from the collected data which have practical application and predicitive power. Basically the opposite of belief.

I chose the word belief because I was thinking of the girl's "black magic lightning strike" example in the video, but yes, that is more accurate.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That lightning must come from an experienced Wizard. Maybe he figured out everything in Africa has high fire resists.

Sykar

Arcane
The most ironic part is that she relies on everything in daily life while spouting her drivel. Clothes she wears? Science. Tablet she uses after spewing her mental diearrhea? Science. Building where her safe space is located? Science. There is very little that is not the result of science that we use in every day life.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom