Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rumor: Fallout and Elder Scrolls remasters from inXile

None

Scholar
The only remasters I'd accept would be ones with enhanced modding tools and more of the game exposed to modders. Something like Rome 1's remaster.

deuxhero

Arcane
Thinking about it, I think Battlespire and Shadowkey could actually benefit from a moderate budget remake, and the two could even use the same engine to a degree. The two are good games, and their lore is actually important, they're just an absolute bitch to get working, with some weird mechanics and some first gen 3D that looks really bad. The two even have multiplayer. Have Arkane (or some other MS studio) remake Shadowkey as a first person slasher ala Dark Messiah with semi-open world, then do Battlespire as a standalone expansion with comparatively minimal devtime using the Shadowkey remake as a base.

mondblut

Arcane
Thinking about it, I think Battlespire and Shadowkey could actually benefit from a moderate budget remake, and the two could even use the same engine to a degree.

006-face-female.png

spjcpowcvb081.png

battlespire062.png

Think they're gonna let us have this in 2022?

Yeah, me neither.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Well, I would love to get the goodies that Bethesda removed after throwing a hissy fit

Alan

Educated
I don't know if I would care to play them. They won't mean tragedy anyway, not like you guys are saying. They won't mean anything

deuxhero

Arcane
Thinking about it, I think Battlespire and Shadowkey could actually benefit from a moderate budget remake, and the two could even use the same engine to a degree.

Think they're gonna let us have this in 2022?

Yeah, me neither.

They actually could do it if they wanted to. ESRB has allowed boobies in M games for over a decade. Either way, mods would fix it.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I've also never trucked with the idea that Fallout's UI is "outdated" or clunky.
Fallout's UI(specifically, the inventory) isn't outdated, it was always bad.
Inventory is bad, yes (not as bad as F3+, though). "Controlling" companions is also dogshit, but that entire aspect is incredibly phoned in and poor and I never use it. Other than that, classic Fallout UI is OK and I'd take it over most modern consolized rpg UIs any day.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
I've also never trucked with the idea that Fallout's UI is "outdated" or clunky.
Fallout's UI(specifically, the inventory) isn't outdated, it was always bad.
Inventory is bad, yes (not as bad as F3+, though). "Controlling" companions is also dogshit, but that entire aspect is incredibly phoned in and poor and I never use it. Other than that, classic Fallout UI is OK and I'd take it over most modern consolized rpg UIs any day.
Funnily enough the worst part of Fallout UI, i.e. the inventory management, is already very gamepad friendly.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
It's bad, because a column, list based inventory with only a few items visible at any given time is bad by definition. That said, Fallout is not some modern bin dipping game about crafting ammo from spam cans and used condoms and you don't really use the inventory all that often. There are some builds centered around entering inventory all the time in combat to re-load two weapons as to only use 2ap with qp perk and that can get irritating, but other than that - whatever. In F2, when you get a car to store all the junk that might be useful later, it becomes p close to a non-issue.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
They actually could do it if they wanted to. ESRB has allowed boobies in M games for over a decade. Either way, mods would fix it.

It's 2022, who cares about ESRB ratings when we've got twatter and retardera?

Lots of companies refuses to sell AO games... But in 90s, RPG's had no problem with boobs. See Diablo 1 succubi and Daggerfall vamprie chicks and nymphs.

Humbaba

Arcane
"Remaster" usually means something like the IE enhanced edition releases, so I don't think we have to worry about full 3d "remakes". Although, idk why anyone would mind one of those, provided they're good.

Honestly, remasters and re-releases are great, because it introduces incline to a new, potentially broader audience. The main reason why people don't play older games like Fallout is because 1. people don't know about em and 2. they run like ass on modern hardware and normies will not bother with fan patches and the like. Not to mention that Fallout aged horribly from a technical perspective. Remasters solve those problems (usually, I'm aware that BG EE was buggy af on launch but got fixed later).

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Only way Fallout 1 and 2 could be improved if they somehow managed to make a non-shit interface and make the combat more closely resemble Silent Storm or Jagged Alliance 2, but since that is never going to happen they needn't bother shitting up beloved classics.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom