Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Just got into the Yakuza series (slightly out of order), played 7/Like a Dragon over December and loved it, now playing through Yakuza 0 and also loving that.

Looking forward to eventually playing the Lost Judgement games as well.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm not a fan of what they are doing in Ishin!, with adding B/C-tier celebrities as attack cards. Not that I am not going to play it, but the game doesn't really need it.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Lost Judgment has turned out to be one of my favorites.
I spoke about how well integrated the minigames are as part of the sidequests, but also a lot of them tie into each other and general gameplay. Skating around the city and picking up points to spend with the skateboarding kids to buy VR tickets, going through the boxing quest to learn the fighting style (which is incredibly strong) etc. It all feels really well-done, and could only get better if they don't throw their ideas out the window again.
And Yagami kind of grows on you.
Fighting is really fun with all the different styles. Definitely the best Yakuza game to enjoy battling, if you ignore the fact that it's, sadly, piss easy, even on Hard. Endless potential if RGG could expand on that and balance the fucking game, for once. And, yeah, way more fun than the combat in Like a Dragon.

Sadly, the game itself is still not as long as I'd like, but I always get that feeling with Yakuza.

Currently, hanging on around ~73 hours before heading into the finale. I'm trying to finish all the school stories and drone racing. I did something really stupid, I was swimming in money in the early game so I spent all of it on jewelry for girlfriends. Now I can't afford parts for drones and bots!

quixotic

Learned
I just don’t think that Ishin is the kind of game that needs ecelebs in it. Especially considering where and when it’s set.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I just don’t think that Ishin is the kind of game that needs ecelebs in it. Especially considering where and when it’s set.
Well the other games had celebrities in them anyway.
Yes, Japanese ones. I just find it really fucking odd that they’re putting western twitch streamers into the game.
Please meet the famous Japanese celebs:
osQRzgB.png
IIR8fKn.png
KuNALvI.png

Modron

Arcane
Don't know what kind of oracle they are using but Team4KL has announced the release date of the Kurohyou 1 translation 6 months from now.

Modron

Arcane
Sadly, the game itself is still not as long as I'd like, but I always get that feeling with Yakuza.

Currently, hanging on around ~73 hours before heading into the finale.

:what:
60-70 hours is short for a Yakuza game, most when full autismed end up in the hundred range; however, Y6, Judgment, and Lost Judgment tap out in the 50-80 range.

Last edited:
I started playing the first Judgment because it's available on the PlayStation Extra subscription service. Seems pretty ok so far. Last Yakuza game I played was 0 a long time ago, so it feels fresh enough. Combat seems better than in the Yakuza games I played.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom