Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
3a4YkZC.png

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sadly, the game itself is still not as long as I'd like, but I always get that feeling with Yakuza.

Currently, hanging on around ~73 hours before heading into the finale.

:what:
60-70 hours is short for a Yakuza game, most when full autismed end up in the hundred range; however, Y6, Judgment, and Lost Judgment tap out in the 50-80 range.

Funnily enough, I just clocked in Yakuza 0 at 72 hours with what I felt was most of the significant content done.

Main story + most substories for both Kiryu and Majima.

About to start Yakuza Kiwami.

kites

samsung verizon hitachi
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I'm going to wait to pull the trigger; busy lately and only just started the Judgement series - cheers to all those cracking this one open, it's been a very long time coming..

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I played the combat demo and like it. I'm keeping my pre-order. Luckily, you will not have to use the C-tier celeb cards at all, which is good.

It felt like PS3 Yakuza (5) combat, but with weapons, which is fine with me. There were two combat scenarios, and I cleared both.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I feel I've done most things I wanted to do past the main story.
School quest finished, drone racing done, I'm happy with that. I'd have liked to do all the VR challenges as well, but getting the free passes turned out to involve too much running back and forth.
Really good game.

On to Kaito Files. Hope it's fun.

image.png

Elttharion

Learned
Just finished testing the demo and it ran pretty well on my machine (gtx 1660/ryzen 5 3600 - 1080p 60fps on high settings), performance was similar to Y7 and Judgement, which is great considering the barrage of terrible ports we are receiving on PC lately. The combat felt good too but that is pretty much a given with this franchise. I will probably wait a while to play this since I am still waiting for a good enough sale for Lost Judgement.

Speaking of Judgment, I finished it recently and it was very enjoyable, my biggest problem with the game were the tailing missions, but I chalk it up to it being their first game trying to integrate investigation mechanics into the gameplay. Hopefully they improved them in the sequel.

Nelka

Educated
"Pre-order your Digital Deluxe Edition for exclusive early access on February 17, 2023 @ 15:00 GMT."
First Hogwarts Legacy, now this game. It's like soft transition to 70$ price tag strategy, offering 3 days head start.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Never played the original release, but I'm pretty psyched to play something set in the late Edo. (Periods of instability and change are generally just great settings for games, hence fantasy RPGs often making up such a setting.) And glad to see their focus on historicity didn't preclude them from keeping in karaoke rhythm games, lol.

Someone was kind enough to buy me it as a Christmas present, so if anyone has any questions about Ishin! before they drop money on it themselves, lmk. ^^

Häyhä

Arbiter
It looks the part, no two ways about it. But after checking the 2014 demo version I have to say I'm a bit dissapointed with the overall performance. There's WAY more pedestrians walking around in the original version and there's a bug that makes the pedestrians walk into the pillars etc. ie. the pathfinding is fucked.

Obviously these are merely cosmetics, but it still grinds a little bit.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Kaito Files is also good. A bit simpy, but that's the case with most Yakuza.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I planed to play Ishin on release, but...
Rance IX comes out in 2 days, this has to wait.

Terra

Cipher
I planed to play Ishin on release, but...
Rance IX comes out in 2 days, this has to wait.
Wait, what, it does? Thought it was stuck in perpetual beta testing hell.

As for Ishin, it's just a tad above impulse buy price for me and I don't want to get sucked into it right now so I might wait a bit, but I hope it sells ell.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom