Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio (Yakuza, Judgment, Binary Domain + more!) Discussion Thread

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
N7djcJl.png

K-Kiryubros... I'm not feeling so good...

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
And the best pussy he could have ever had fucked off to the USA never to be heard from again.
She is very happy with Handsome American Cop. Cuckyu loses yet again.
Last straw with Kazuma "The Cuck" Kiryu for me was in Yakuza 5 when Mayumi literally undressed and offered him pussy on a platinum platter and he did nothing.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Last straw with Kazuma "The Cuck" Kiryu for me was in Yakuza 5 when Mayumi literally undressed and offered him pussy on a platinum platter and he did nothing.
He was too busy banging the hostess. He even gave her his real name and told her that he would come back to live with her. Mayumi was too ugly for him.

Modron

Arcane
Kiryu won't take pussy that he can't pay for.
There were a number of sidequests that resulted in love hotel rendezvous in Zero (and maybe one of the Kiwamis can't recall anymore) including one or two traps you had to turn down unless that is your thing.

Modron

Arcane
Yeah but most were soft prostitution was listing the few errant ones outside of hostesses.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
As much as I hate Yakuza 5, it is pretty funny that Haruka takes a giant shit over Park's ambitions (or """"""""""""""DREAM""""""""""""""""") at the very end. I don't think it was intentional but that's definitely what she does. Too bad she does it too late for it to change their fate.

Was not Park's dream to perform at Tokyo Dome or raise an idol to do so in her stead?
So yeah, mission accomplished.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
As much as I hate Yakuza 5, it is pretty funny that Haruka takes a giant shit over Park's ambitions (or """"""""""""""DREAM""""""""""""""""") at the very end. I don't think it was intentional but that's definitely what she does. Too bad she does it too late for it to change their fate.

Was not Park's dream to perform at Tokyo Dome or raise an idol to do so in her stead?
Why couldn't all these people be content with dreaming in their sleep? Would have been a better game that way, skip all the extra stuff and just go bear hunting.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Her dream was to be an idol. She aborted her child and hid her relationship with Majima to do so. The whole game, Park coerced Haruka into throwing away her relationship with Kiryu to pursue this career. Haruka's confession at the Tokyo Dome about Kiryu was about the same as if Park gave birth to Goro Jr. live on stage.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Park's dream was in the process of being accomplished, until Haruka decided to abort her performance near the end and thereby ruin her budding career as a singer. By doing so, Haruka also comprehensively screwed over her fellow orphans, who were forced to make do without their surrogate father Kiryu Kazuma, and of course Kiryu himself, who had adopted a new identity in Fukuoka in order not to adversely affect Haruka's idol career and who ends up being jailed after the events of the game due to his efforts at aiding Haruka. Also the others who put their lives on the line to assist Haruka in Tokyo, and the others who assisted Haruka's idol training (including one person who was hospitalized with serious injuries), and whoever else I'm forgetting.

Haruka is the true villain of Yakuza 5.

Vatnik Wumao
Haruka has always been a magnet for trouble and a complete drain on Kiryu. If Haruka wasn't the daughter of Kiryu the Cuck's TRUE LOVE, he would not have felt obliged to support her to such a degree and more likely taken a more distant paternal role like he has with the other orphans. It would have been healthier for both of them, since Haruka could always afford to fuck up with someone in the background ready to bail her out.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Park's dream was in the process of being accomplished, until Haruka decided to abort her performance near the end and thereby ruin her budding career as a singer. By doing so, Haruka also comprehensively screwed over her fellow orphans, who were forced to make do without their surrogate father Kiryu Kazuma, and of course Kiryu himself, who had adopted a new identity in Fukuoka in order not to adversely affect Haruka's idol career and who ends up being jailed after the events of the game due to his efforts at aiding Haruka. Also the others who put their lives on the line to assist Haruka in Tokyo, and the others who assisted Haruka's idol training (including one person who was hospitalized with serious injuries), and whoever else I'm forgetting.

That is, if she's actually as intelligent as she's portrayed in the prior games. Haruka in Y5 is seriously retarded - she went from being wise beyond her years to being a generic, naive, submissive shojo an*me protagonist.
Then she proceeds to go to a place she doesn't know. Gets pregnant, gives birth and once again Kazuma "The Cuck" Kiryu has to clean up Harukunt's mess. Least Kiryu chatted to some nice jgirls online and made some nice friends at the bar.

Haruka is the worst person in the Yakuza universe. She is the source of all Kiryu and many other peoples problems. Kiryu's life would have been a lot better without her or her mother ever existing. But knowing Kiryu he'd probably get involved some other person's mess. At some point Kiryu will be on his deathbed at finally say those word : "I wish your mother never existed"

I wish Kiryu could have met Yagami. Because Yagami would have told Kiryu straight that Harkuka is the poison in his sake cup. Just imagine it.

Yagami, Kiryu and Kaito working together.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Haruka has always been a magnet for trouble and a complete drain on Kiryu. If Haruka wasn't the daughter of Kiryu the Cuck's TRUE LOVE, he would not have felt obliged to support her to such a degree and more likely taken a more distant paternal role like he has with the other orphans. It would have been healthier for both of them, since Haruka could always afford to fuck up with someone in the background ready to bail her out.
Haruka is your modern day teen or millennial. Never experienced or had to face the consequences of her actions. Because some will always sort it out for her.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yagami, Kiryu and Kaito working together
70% of that would be Kiryu and Kaito beating the shit out of each other to see who's better. Winner has to face Saejima for a final boss.
And all the generations of the Amon family in a fight to the death as the Super Boss

I really like Kaito. He's Kiryu without being a cuck. I haven't played The Kaito Files yet. So I can't say if he's a cuck in the DLC.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That is, if she's actually as intelligent as she's portrayed in the prior games. Haruka in Y5 is seriously retarded - she went from being wise beyond her years to being a generic, naive, submissive shojo an*me protagonist.

Yeah, Haruka took a nosedive in Y5, I agree.
The whole idol business was not a guaranteed success though.
All the orphans and Kiryu were screwed over right from the start anyway.

Park's dream, as I remember it, was to specifically sing at the Tokyo Dome.
It's like winning gold medal at idol olympics or something, the true mark of success as idols fame is fleeting.
As she could not do it herself, she wanted to achieve that via a proxy.
In that sense her dream had been fulfilled the moment Haruka stepped on the scene in Tokyo.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Haruka didn't really start fucking anything up of her own volition until Yakuza 5, and even then Kiryu can be blamed for letting Park guilt trip him into letting her do so. All of the trouble caused in Y5 and 6 is completely self-inflicted on the part of Kiryu and Haruka.

Nirvash

Liturgist

omg the walking lol

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom