Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You won't believe this, but game build got leaked.
What we know for sure:
- Two devs builds have leaked online
- Files are encrypted
- This is legit, but you can't play this build unless it is decrypted (unlikely to happen before the release)
- Some information can still be extracted from this, time will tell

According to the logs, each of these dev builds is around 190GB in size.
zxnXVs1.png
And it's problably from the dev himself.
5V9xudn.jpeg

Gerrard

Arcane
Were the encryption keys also leaked? So it really was someone from GSC?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
There were some interesting things in there. The inventory system looks identical to COP (I think it had shown up briefly in some of the previous videos) and the number of artefact belt slots is dictated by outfit. Separate head and body slots again.

The guy playing brought up the debug menu towards the end of the gameplay, and the game contains a huge amount of outfits with unique subvariants from the looks of it.

Certainly looks like they aren't dumbing down the equipment side which was one of my concerns after Metro Exodus.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
There's really not much to base any valid opinion. No quests, no monsters, no npcs just desolate maps that look ok. This is way unfinished for any 2023 or even early 2024 release, no wonder they leaked it to get more time and garner sympathy from NAFO crowd.

Perkel

Arcane
There's really not much to base any valid opinion. No quests, no monsters, no npcs just desolate maps that look ok. This is way unfinished for any 2023 or even early 2024 release, no wonder they leaked it to get more time and garner sympathy from NAFO crowd.

Development builds don't usually play like finished games. You start quest etc from console or their inhouse tools. Also there might be few different builds focusing on entirely different things so that questing dep can do their own work in peace while graphics guys are hacking away lighting etc.

Game development doesn't look like creating game someone adds stuff to it as it goes but more like detached builds that come together in last months of development. Though it depends a lot on game.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i wish the gameinator forums weren't disabled so that i could look at people canvassing through the freshly-leaked stalker 2 alpha builds

Wunderbar

Arcane
Apparently, the devs were sharing this build with each other through torrent. The "hackers" didn't steal it, they just found it by accident through torrent searchers. They also didn't hack it (it would've taken years to brute force the password), devs just left the key with the encrypted files.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Apparently, the devs were sharing this build with each other through torrent. The "hackers" didn't steal it, they just found it by accident through torrent searchers. They also didn't hack it (it would've taken years to brute force the password), devs just left the key with the encrypted files.
Yeah course bruh

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i can't get over the fact that gsc devs actually did this instead of using an SVN service or something similar

Ivan

Arcane
The type of camera wrestling that pisses me off the most is when interacting with some puzzle component (e.g. step on pressure plate > camera shows which door/platform it affects). Cinematics are ok as long as they can be skipped.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom