Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Yeah, they could do that. I hope not though; that would just make Stalker into another military shooter / call of duty wannabe, complete with a plucky hero fighting absurd numbers of enemy soldiers instead of some poor schmuck trying to survive in the zone and find answers.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Killing 300 people in a week of in-game time wasn't "fighting absurd numbers"?
I do not remember killing that many people within a week of Stalker.
The only thing that I could think of that comes close to that is against Monolith, which involve storming a heavily defended compound with end game equipment and is at a different pace to the rest of the game.
That's not at all comparable to CoD where it's like that all game and you get a kill count of like a 1000 over something like 3 days.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Oh boy I sure hope there are no absurd numbers of enemy soldiers in Stalker 2!
vD61jhP.jpg

I mean, there were certainly firefights in Stalker, but it still wasn't Call of Duty.
You have bad memory, then.
LiahhAI.png

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
vD61jhP.jpg

I mean, there were certainly firefights in Stalker, but it still wasn't Call of Duty.
LiahhAI.png
You cant simulate fighting russgoblin subhumans without them using human wave tactics it's coded in their tiny brains to rush in mass like herd of animals so any game where you shoot ruskies should have tons of enemies to squish.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
vD61jhP.jpg

LiahhAI.png
You cant simulate fighting russgoblin subhumans without them using human wave tactics it's coded in their tiny brains to rush in mass like herd of animals so any game where you shoot ruskies should have tons of enemies to squish.
IS there a toilet cleaner simulator?

It will be a hit in Poland for sure

Ryzer

Arcane
Do they know that their game is entirely based on "Roadside Picnic" from the Russians Arkady and Boris Strugatsky, born in Leningrad?
It would be a shame if Ukrainians use Orcish work for their games, and Poles play a orcish invented world.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
the detey bildov have struck again. no playable buildo, but a lot of interesting content

AhKEu76.png

rNIZurO.png

fUfAF1i.jpeg

2v2bGAq.png

rrcoSd0.jpeg

eCd4A5Y.jpeg

Last edited:

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
the detey bildov have struck again. no playable buildo, but a lot of interesting content

fUfAF1i.jpeg
I like the inventory UI, but I hope the release doesn't have that much wasted space on the left and that the character model isn't posing.
What would the green bar be? Red is health, blue I'm pretty sure is stamina, yellow I suppose would be radiation because there's a crude radiation symbol placeholder there, but what would green be? Sleep?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Is that what that is? I figured it could be, but I couldn't tell.
Makes sense I suppose, but curious how there's no food indicator. I see something that looks like overburdened (last icon, looks like a bloke with a sack on his back?), bleeding and what I'm assuming is psionic (purple icon that looks like a bell with waves) but no food icon.
They might have got rid of that mechanic, it was kind of pointless in the previous games.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Here are six minutes of leaked WIP footage from STALKER 2​

MARCH 15, 2023 JOHN PAPADOPOULOS 41 COMMENTS
A couple of days ago, we informed you about hackers obtaining tens of gigabytes of game material from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. And, as you may have guessed, the hackers have leaked a number of WIP footage from this upcoming game.
The following video packs numerous VFX that the game will feature. From what we can see, STALKER 2 will have physics-based scripted sequences. The game will also have various weather effects (most likely for its anomaly traps).
As said, this is WIP footage, so you should not expect much from it. Still, some STALKER 2 fans may find it interesting, which is why we’ve decided to share the video. Moreover, it doesn’t appear to be spoiling anything from the game, so that’s a big plus.
STALKER 2 aims to feature an epic, non-linear story. Furthermore, your choices will influence both short-term consequences and global outcomes. The game will take place inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and it will have new locations along with the old ones.
The game will be using Unreal Engine 5 and was originally targeting a 2022 release date. In June 2022, GSC GameWorld announced that the game has been delayed until 2023. Realistically, though, I expect this game to slip into 2024.
Enjoy!

https://www.dsogaming.com/videotrai...minutes-of-leaked-wip-footage-from-stalker-2/

Looks like some early alpha footage, even worse than the leaked Shadow of Chernobyl builds back in the time. No spoilers, but also doesn't really show anything interesting.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
There were plans for product placement in the ShoC, didn't pan out... but there's always a second chance.
Wonder if they add some location from Clear Sky, like Limańsk maybe?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom