Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

Beastro

Arcane
Which doesn't address the main question - in Eastern Yurop, M-14 is rare as fuck
Small arms and regional rarity aren't a cemented thing.

We live in a world where StGs are still in use in the Middle East. How the fuck they got there, only God knows.

deuxhero

Arcane
Which doesn't address the main question - in Eastern Yurop, M-14 is rare as fuck

We live in a world where StGs are still in use in the Middle East. How the fuck they got there, only God knows.
That one's easy: Germans left them behind when defeated, or the Soviets looted them from the Germans and gave them to pro-communist forces.

Beastro

Arcane

That one's easy: Germans left them behind when defeated, or the Soviets looted them from the Germans and gave them to pro-communist forces.
That's a possibility, yes. My point is when it comes to things like small arms that they can pop up in the most unlikely of places and conflicts like in the Middle East (or weird areas like the Zone) will become a weird mish-mash of weaponry that make their way there from many different circumstances.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
a russian stalker fan is ANGREY that he got banned from a gsc discord server or whatever and is threatening to leak a beta build of stalker 2 if he doesn't get unbanned

(it wouldn't be a stalker game if it didn't have any prototypes of it leaked)

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
the lr 300, like the g36, totally fits the theme it represents ingame: some unique snowflake rifle carried by some overpaid merc in a hazard zone. every gun in the zone actually makes sense being there,instead of just some dumb "wouldn't it be cool? "i hope they put in even a fraction of the thought that went into the arsenal of the first 3 titles.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
1F1kY0Z.jpg

the lead dev of oblivion lost remake stirring up stupid drama is the funniest shit ever. some of the reasons make sense in context, and gsc is stupid for alienating a good fraction of their audience, which is a perfectly valid reason for being indignant, but otherwise this is fairly petty and stupid drama. leaking old beta builds of stalker 2 won't really change anything

i'm still gonna translate olr 3.0 when it comes out but still lmao come on dude

edit:

nvm i mixed up names. nick frost is haliber or whatever and he maintains the olr fan group on vk, he's not hi_flyer

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
- you're a bunch of subhuman fascist orcs, we hate you and we're not going to make business with you
- NOOOOO please let us buy your game, please don't remove russian language, NOOoo! We.. we''re gonna hack you!

:nocountryforshitposters:

Should've just accepted getting rejected like real men. Really pathetic behavior.

Last edited:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
i do kinda want nick frost to make good on his threat and actually leak it so that the buildoholics on the gameinator forums and ap pro can tear the leak apart and study every single aspect of it while sharing their findings

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
:deathclaw:

instead of throwing a hissy fit they should've accepted getting rejected like real men. Really pathetic behavior.

‘Fashionable’ ill-treatment at the hands of those devs they were equals with until so recently and watching them swan around soaking up the positive attention on their discord was apparently a bridge too far for them.

P.S. “Chornobyl”, I only just noticed. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gerrard

Arcane
- you're a bunch of subhuman fascist orcs, we hate you and we're not going to make business with you
- NOOOOO please let us buy your game, please don't remove russian language, NOOoo! We.. we''re gonna hack you!

:nocountryforshitposters:

Should've just accepted getting rejected like real men. Really pathetic behavior.
GSC are the ones who threw a baby tantrum in the first place with the retarded "Chornobyl" at the top of it.
A perfect match.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
gsc is retarded for holding russians hostage over their country's stupid foreign policy, nor is russia a monolithic entity. just let vadim vadimovich have his escapism so he can forget about his miserable job for a few hours

imagine if publishing companies started to stop working on english translations and allowing sales in the us to occur because of the us bullying foreign countries into submission, such as afganistan or various south american countries - this would be abusrd

Last edited:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
gsc is retarded for holding russians hostage over their country's stupid foreign policy, nor is russia a monolithic entity. just let vadim vadimovich have his escapism so he can forget about his miserable job for a few hours

imagine if publishing companies started to stop working on english translations and allowing sales in the us to occur because of the us bullying foreign countries into submission, such as afganistan or various south american countries - this would be abusrd
Should've they done it? Probably not.

But they are a company and can make decisions about their own product. You don't like it, complain on forums and if they don't change then just vote with your wallet and don't buy it. Screeching about it and making threats is pathetic.

Crying over a video game is not an adult behavior for sure.

cretin

Arcane
Douchebag!
It actually makes me like GSC even more that they are willing to alienate what will probably be one of their largest sale regions just for principal's sake and to make it known that they really do hate Russians.

Ukraine is a fucking gay ass country, but I have to respect such a backbone being displayed by a small company.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
denying a game from being sold is a dumb hill to die on

kotlover1992_rus is just gonna nab a copy of the game, unpack the localization files, translate the text to russian, recompile the localization files, and upload his work to rutracker regardless of what gsc does if stalker 2 gets released

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter

kotlover1992_rus is just gonna nab a copy of the game, unpack the localization files, translate the text to russian, recompile the localization files, and upload his work to rutracker regardless of what gsc does if stalker 2 gets released
Yeah but he was gonna do the last part anyway

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
a russian stalker fan is ANGREY that he got banned from a gsc discord server or whatever and is threatening to leak a beta build of stalker 2 if he doesn't get unbanned

Those ukrops are that salty?
Just leave those russians alone, for fuck sake, you have to take it out on all of them over the actions of their leadership and government?

Ryzer

Arcane

Those ukrops are that salty?
Just leave those russians alone, for fuck sake, you have to take it out on all of them over the actions of their leadership and government?
One of their staff members died in Bakhmut and some of the staff are from Mariupol so the answer is yes and probably even more salty than you can imagine. I think they would kill a Russian if they ever see one.

Last edited:

Azdul

Magister

Chinese police is hunting down people pirating Squid Game - because authors smuggled in subtle negative commentary on CCP and North Korea.

You can be pretty sure that similar thing will happen here if they don't plan sales on Russian market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom