Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

They're redditors.
They live in a fantasy world where absolutely nothing bad would happen to a lone woman stuck in a lawless frontier populated by the dregs of society.
A female scientist / ecologist? Sure, they'd have the military or Duty protecting them, same with the other egg heads.

A loner chick though? I sure hope Bandits don't catch her, unless she's really lucky and they have some sense of chivalry.

Case in point: https://www.reddit.com/r/worldofgot...representation_of_women_in_the_gothic_series/

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lol, 379 dollarinos.

I hope at least you get a real artifact from the zone for that price.

Gerrard

Arcane
Reminder that Polish collector's edition of Clear Sky came with an authentic military canvas bag, all they did was print the logo on them. Something that fucking Bethesda couldn't do. :lol:

Ryzer

Arcane
Here is what the ultimate edition offers:
retail-u-items.jpg

There is a difference of 200$ between the Collector's edition and the ultimate edition for a backpack and a lamplight.
Seems way too much over-inflated for 2 products. Last I've checked a military backpack cost 60$ and a lamp almost nothing.

hayst

Educated
Here is what the ultimate edition offers:
retail-u-items.jpg

There is a difference of 200$ between the Collector's edition and the ultimate edition for a backpack and a lamplight.
Seems way too much over-inflated for 2 products. Last I've checked a military backpack cost 60$ and a lamp almost nothing.
Is Military Token a real term or just a weird translation?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
According to the description of NVIDIA's session for GDC 2023, we will finally get to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl.

NVIDIA will be holding a session at GDC 2023 on March 23rd together with GSC Game World's 3D Animator, Anton Riabchuk, where it will give an exclusive look at S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl.

While GSC Game World released a few screenshots as well as an official trailer for the game, GDC 2023 could be the perfect place to show an in-engine gameplay. The description of the GDC session also reveals that GSC Game World is working closely with NVIDIA and the session will also include an introduction to Omniverse Audio2Face AI SDK.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is the fourth game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and is developed on Unreal Engine 5.

As GSC Game World is a Ukrainian developer, the development was pushed back due to the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, when the title was also changed to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. The development has been moved to Prague, Czech Republic, so hopefully we will get a more precise release date soon.

According to the information, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is still scheduled to launch in 2023, and it will be coming to PC and Xbox Series X/S.
https://www.techpowerup.com/305609/gsc-game-world-to-show-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-at-gdc-2023#comments

ArchAngel

Arcane
> Fallout 4 was just inferior Stalker
> Stalker 2 will now be Fallout 4.

Poetic.

It even has a Skyrim style navigational HUD. The fuck GSC, what happened to that good ol' minimap?
You really have to try to make a game that is as bad as F4 so I doubt it.

BruceVC

Magister
According to the description of NVIDIA's session for GDC 2023, we will finally get to see S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl.

NVIDIA will be holding a session at GDC 2023 on March 23rd together with GSC Game World's 3D Animator, Anton Riabchuk, where it will give an exclusive look at S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl.

While GSC Game World released a few screenshots as well as an official trailer for the game, GDC 2023 could be the perfect place to show an in-engine gameplay. The description of the GDC session also reveals that GSC Game World is working closely with NVIDIA and the session will also include an introduction to Omniverse Audio2Face AI SDK.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is the fourth game in the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and is developed on Unreal Engine 5.

As GSC Game World is a Ukrainian developer, the development was pushed back due to the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, when the title was also changed to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. The development has been moved to Prague, Czech Republic, so hopefully we will get a more precise release date soon.

According to the information, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is still scheduled to launch in 2023, and it will be coming to PC and Xbox Series X/S.
https://www.techpowerup.com/305609/gsc-game-world-to-show-s-t-a-l-k-e-r-2-at-gdc-2023#comments
Its looks excellent, S.T.A.L.K.E.R 1 was overall my best post-apocalyptic game ever. Even better than METRO by a little bit

So I will definitely be getting this :cool:

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
stalker 2: electric boogaloo is probably just gonna be ok, but it won't ever have the same legacy shadow of chernobyl has. shadow of chernobyl will be fondly remembered for a long time because it did the same things doom and half life did. stalker 2 will probably be forgotten by most people after a year or so once it releases

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
i can get why people like anomaly but i don't think stalker is really meant for a game world that's just filled with endless repeatable quests and no real structured plot

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
stalker 2: electric boogaloo is probably just gonna be ok, but it won't ever have the same legacy shadow of chernobyl has. shadow of chernobyl will be fondly remembered for a long time because it did the same things doom and half life did. stalker 2 will probably be forgotten by most people after a year or so once it releases
I feel like it's very likely and will be kinda Metro 2033 but open world.

That said, hope dies last.

I'll most likely buy it anyway, even if just to cry.

Konjad

Patron
Interesting to see MAC-10 in .45 ACP included. I wasn't aware of those being much of a thing in Europe.
I see that M-14 in other screen didn't raise any questions
most ppl ain't weaponfags.

All I want is realistic open world gameplay with good AI for both humans and monsters. The rest is a background.

Remember the AI guy got killed by Russians, although AI was supposed to be mostly developed by the time he went to fight... well, we'll see how it goes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom