Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming November 20th

After ultima underworld and before console decline, most PC fps used minimap or have no navigation tools. Compasses are provided for retarded people who are unable to read map and make routes.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
After ultima underworld and before console decline, most PC fps used minimap or have no navigation tools. Compasses are provided for retarded people who are unable to read map and make routes.
The dungeon maps in Daggerfall hardly ever helped you.
I don't remember ever using it.
Back then you had to actually learn the layout of the dungeons and try to navigate them.
Good times.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
The fact that they had chosen nighttime as their gameplay showcase for gamescon is pretty worrying. A lot of detail, not only graphical detail[the demo looks unimpressive, but its console+vid compression], but AI movement and animations can't be really seen. IMHO i don't have high hopes for this, and i don't think even patches will help. We will see though.

Looks like a tech demo

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
What's the news on this? Any good? Any new features over previous games?
Yeah.
Turning it into Metro...
NOOOOOO I HATE THOSE SHITTY GAMES. I only liked the exploration/sandbox of stalker. The setting is not interesting if you are on rails doing some retarded story
STALKER also had a story, but it did not clog the game with cinematics and retarded quick time events.
It was a horror atmospheric shooter with sandbox elements.

Drakortha

Liturgist
Some of the assets look worse in the new game.

For example on this building, the old asset had a layer of torn off plaster overlaying the brickwork. It gave it a more rundown appearance.
3R9o8bo.png

What's with this fuel tank looking nothing like the old one? The new one looks like it was sourced from a public asset library. It's smaller and has none of the rust details on it.
F77crm6.png

Here it is again. What the fuck? It looks like shit.
mN1uwAj.png

S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is definitely shaping up to be a great Unreal 5 game.

Last edited:

Drakortha

Liturgist
Also the grass they are layering over everything at Cordon makes no sense, seeing as though the village and the dirt road is still receiving foot traffic. It's giving off Fallout 4 greenery mod vibes. Someone at the studio must have thought that putting grass over everything at a familiar area somehow increases it's graphic fidelity, even if it makes no sense.

xEBWpPt.png

Fuck the cheap brown piss filter. Grey filters in OgStalker, Fear, and HL2 are better than this pseudo-realism shit.
Every game with piss filter is undoubtedly heavily cinematic console game.

Drakortha

Liturgist
I always thought STALKER was kinda similar to Morrowind, Idk
It's an interesting comparison, actually. Like Morrowind, S.T.A.L.K.E.R was very text heavy when it came to interactions with NPCs. Perhaps S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2, with it's fully voiced NPC's and compass directions, will be to the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R what Oblivion was to Morrowind. And who knows? A-Life 2.0 may bring many more advancements, such as some kind of mutant scaling dependent on what equipment you have or how far you've progressed in the story.

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
Also the grass they are layering over everything at Cordon makes no sense, seeing as though the village and the dirt road is still receiving foot traffic. It's giving off Fallout 4 greenery mod vibes. Someone at the studio must have thought that putting grass over everything at a familiar area somehow increases it's graphic fidelity, even if it makes no sense.

xEBWpPt.png
If anything doesn't make sense it is the lack of massive overgrowth everywhere. I have seen more overgrown lawns in my neighborhood.
Just take one look at photos from the real zone in spring/summer.

This goes for the original games as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom