Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
There won't be Russian language
Ukra and Rus not mutually understandable?
Completely different languages. Like Serbian and Croatian. I don't understand my Zagreb bitches in Belgrade at all, except AH! AH! part. Each other president has to be titled when speaking to other side's population. Just like when British prime minister visits America. Also, all children in ex-Yugoslavia speak 7 different languages, we are little Teslas like that. No, it's not one language with regional dialects given 7 different names by West as classic divide and conquer. No. That's conspiracy theory. Why American embassies stopped paying multiple translators for all ex-Yu languages and only hire one? Well, you ask too much

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
TLDR: I suppose it's similar situation in Eastern Europe. BTW: I like esthetics of Polish language. Sounds like perfect mix of alien & familiar to me

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Always thought Rus and Ukra are like Czech/ Slovakian. Or Boston/Alabama difference.

The devs not including Rus language is understandable but it'll bite them in the ass money-wise.

Takamori

Learned
As for STALKER 2, no idea how that shit will come out. I really hope they dont put the fucking Narrative in your face just let us wander like the first game.

The Russians who hacked GSC and their design documents, concepts and dev build (Vestnik TSS/Вестник «Того Самого Сталкера») said what there is, indeed looks very, very good. The few things they are worried about include of course things like Skyrim quest markers (damn Westerners*), but few of the things mentioned ITT.

*Why are all those studios on the mainstream koolaid all the time? For all the decline, I think the audience makes it increasingly clear what they want is Elden Rings and not Ubisofts.
Well people making decisions don't know the product, don't touch the product and don't care about the product. They are excellent marketeers but they are just under the influence of brown nosers and really outdated takes, they will only try to change strategy when something explode in their faces.
Number go up no reason to change, milk it dry until the shit eaters realize they are being scammed.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I will, but not while I'm with my Polish gf visiting her parents in Kruševac. What can I say, I love my Slavs and I'm addicted to catholic pussy
deusvult.png

soutaiseiriron

Educated
There won't be Russian language in the game so they can't rely on diehard STALKER fans to drive sales
A really big mistake on their part.
Eastern Yurop represented (and still does) one of their most prominent fanbases.
russia doesn't have access to finance systems to buy the game with unless you happen to be in the professional class and can work around it with a kazakh bank account, the average gamer there will just pirate as they would have even if they could have bought it
the rest of eastern europe does not care because nobody under 40 in eastern europe speaks russian so they will play it in their local language or english

Iucounu

Educated
There won't be Russian language in the game so they can't rely on diehard STALKER fans to drive sales
Eastern Yurop represented (and still does) one of their most prominent fanbases.
russia doesn't have access to finance systems to buy the game with unless you happen to be in the professional class and can work around it with a kazakh bank account, the average gamer there will just pirate as they would have even if they could have bought it
the rest of eastern europe does not care because nobody under 40 in eastern europe speaks russian so they will play it in their local language or english
What about the Russian-speaking minority in Ukraine? I feel they are being discriminated against.

Iucounu

Educated
I never saw any definitive answer from the leaks: Are there women or not?
I think there are.
There's at least a boss lady in the intro(?) cutscene trailer.

I never saw any definitive answer from the leaks: Are there HOT women or not?
Fixed. You have to ask important questions.
Women have no place in Stalker even if they are hot. Not that one could tell when they're wearing gas masks...

motherfucker

Educated
What about the Russian-speaking minority in Ukraine? I feel they are being discriminated against.
That's the point

9ted6

Educated
I don't know how true the spoilers are but if they're accurate then the story sounds very disappointing to me and the overall vibe seems solidly We Have Metro At Home. Funny given that the first Metro took so much from Stalker.

Iucounu

Educated
learn Ukrainian or read subtitles
That's a reasonable expectation. But by removing talk in Russian even between NPCs, it looks like GSC actively discriminates against Ukraine's largest minority group.

That's the point
Surely the conflict is with the Russian government, not part of Ukraine's own population? Considering Russia has claimed the latter as one reason for its invasion, this behavior by GSC kind of validates the Russian propaganda.

motherfucker

Educated
Surely the conflict is with the Russian government, not part of Ukraine's own population?
The conflict started when russian-spaking parts of Ukraine threatened to secede in response to being discriminated against, to which the newly-installed government said "lol no here bomb fak yu"

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom