Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl - coming September 5th

Iucounu

Educated
An American character or two in the zone would actually be authentic, a little race mixing; people from other nations seeking its secrets, but otherwise by and large all slavic would for sure make sense. It's almost strange that the only people in the zone in the three stalker games are ALL slavic without exception, though more believable and tasteful than them being entirely American.
I recall Roadside Picnic had UN soldiers guarding its (Canadian?) Zone. But in Stalker, CIA and other secret foreign agents should hide any clues about their true identities. Ordinary stalkers could certainly come from any country in the world, but mostly from neighboring countries, so no reason to inject Americans. If anything people from poor countries would be more represented, since they'd be more willing to risk their lives for profit. Perhaps Gypsies digging up radioactive copper wire in Garbage and selling outside the Zone?

But for a genuine atmosphere, diversity in Stalker needs to be at least East European. Unfortunately the largest ethnic minority in Ukraine seems to be Russian-speaking, and GSC is apparently discriminating against Russian language in the game...

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Some new screenshots, doesn't look not bad at all I'd say

GD4uZDQXsAApbUo

GD4uZDVXAAEp5Qx

GD4uZDPXoAAE_Zt

GD4uZDWXsAALJth

Cologno

Educated
I know I won't be for awhile. This game looks like it'll make my 2070 burn up. Maybe when the next gen GPUs come out I can snag a 3080 for cheaper or something. Eh, then again, I'll probably realize "hey, I got more VRAM now, maybe Stabe Diffusion will let me do generation...and upscaling in one process! Yay!"

Perkel

Arcane
You will probably need beefy PC to play it. I guess just like original back in the day. I struggle to remember what i had back then but i remember how it run like shit...

god damn it. While thinking about this i thought about voodoo2 i had and i was wondering if it could run on modern system.

Turns out it can:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
This game looks like it'll make my 2070 burn up.
You will probably need beefy PC to play it.
You can play anything on anything, it's just a question of resolution and details.

With my 5700XT (2070 Super equivalent) I could play UE5 games like Lords of the Fallen and Remnant 2 at 1440p on High/Medium, at around 60-80 FPS.

Unless you insist on playing on 4K, which is extemely retarded, you don't need to pay 5000 bucks for a new computer.

Cologno

Educated
This game looks like it'll make my 2070 burn up.
You will probably need beefy PC to play it.
You can play anything on anything, it's just a question of resolution and details.

With my 5700XT (2070 Super equivalent) I could play UE5 games like Lords of the Fallen and Remnant 2 at 1440p on High/Medium, at around 60-80 FPS.

Unless you insist on playing on 4K, which is extemely retarded, you don't need to pay 5000 bucks for a new computer.
That's true. I get about that at 1440p on CP2077 with the 2070 (non-super) and an i3 12100f. Mixture of settings avg ~60-85 FPS. No DLSS or FSR. Actually, the one I was really floored with was Kingdom Come. Could run that one full-on high/some ultra on everything at 1440p and get a consistent 85 everywhere (Rattay slogged a little at night). You ever play that one? That was a real gem to go through.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
Might as well post the message.

Dear stalkers,Last year, during Gamescom 2023, we finally had the chance to meet in person. We gathered around the campfire with you to share something valuable that we have been creating for you for all these years — a small part of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl. Publicly, for the first time ever. Our one-time initiative then transformed into a journey from campfire to campfire across France, Brazil, Singapore and other countries. Thousands of players were able to play the game themselves and give us the much-needed feedback afterwards. And as true friends always do, you shared your honest thoughts about the game. Both positive and negative, and we are thankful for that. From your insights, we figured out two key points: the one to celebrate and the one to consider seriously. The first one: the Zone remains the Zone. In its true beauty and after our likeness. The game absolutely feels and plays like S.T.A.L.K.E.R, the atmosphere, hardcore style, harsh and unwelcoming environment are ready to cook, and we can’t be more grateful for these words, as they basically sum up both the key intention and the main inspiration for the project from the very beginning at the same time. The second one was: the gear in the backpack should be checked one more time to be completely sure it will not fail us in the most needed moment. On the technical side of things — the game needs more time.Throughout the frankly challenging development process, we understood the time was of the team's main essence. Seeing the scope of polishing and understanding that we can’t push your patience too much, we were absolutely dedicated to releasing the game in Q1 2024, and we worked extra hard to meet the release window.That, however, doesn’t change the fact that at the beginning of this year, we still witnessed the certain amount of technical imperfections that hold S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 below the expected standards for the final experience our fans are waiting for. While there is absolutely no way to make another delay sound less dim, we decided to be clear about our reasons to postpone the game for the sake of yet another wave of polishing.The final release date for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2: Heart of Chornobyl is now September 5, 2024.We know that you are waiting for this moment, as well as we do. But the preparation needs to be done so that the journey into the Zone goes smoothly and as planned. Thanks for your patience and continuous support, and be ready to see a lot of info about the game further this year.

deuxhero

Arcane
No, S2 was in development just restarted multiple times for various reasons and Cossack 3 was done in the middle of one of theses restarts

Gerrard

Arcane
Wasn't there a tweet where they literally claimed the game will come out in 2023?

E:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom