Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Salt and Sacrifice - sequel to Salt and Sanctuary

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Last edited by a moderator:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, he wouldn't be the only one I guess. You don't See Final Fantasy, MMX, the latest Doom, Skyrim, FO4, and many other titles on GOG. Sure, they're on STEAM. Maybe it costs more. I don't have a clue being snobbish about GOG.

The problem with GoG is, it's a curated store sadly so it often refuses games for no good reason, or takes months to approve a game for sale on its platform.

Steam is fully open. You pay 100 bucks to open a developer account and from that point onward you can freely publish anything you want on there.

itch.io is like Steam, you can publish anything you want on there, and a great DRM-free alternative for indies.

Epic is a piece of shit store that doesn't have any benefits but loves to poach developers by offering them exclusivity bribes. Fuck Epic. I own most of my games on Steam, own plenty on GoG, and have also bought on itch before, but I refuse to even open an Epic account despite them occasionally offering freebies. Fuck Epic.

If I were an indie dev I'd go Steam and itch for sure, and GoG if their curators decide my game is high production value enough to fit their catalog (lol).

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Only thing I do on EPIC is snag free games but I won't dl their loader so hell if I know what games I have there. I feel EPIC wants to invade my space and data mine my computer.

Only thing I do on EPIC is snag free games but I won't dl their loader so hell if I know what games I have there. I feel EPIC wants to invade my space and data mine my computer.

They’re owned by Tencent. Of course they want to data mine your computer.

Although if you think CDProjekt and Valve don’t want to do the same then you’re a fool.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Last call: Salt and Sacrifice PS5/PS4 Network Test Weekend

SkaStudios said:
We’re doing a closed beta network test for Salt and Sacrifice this weekend! It’s free, exclusive to PS4/PS5 SIEA regions, and features a multiplayer-heavy remix of early game content. Sign up here. I put out an announcement on Twitter already, but I figured it couldn’t hurt to dust off the old blog.

We’re in the very final stages of development, and this network test should give us a lot of great last-minute feedback. We’re doing lots of balance tweaks (hopefully no more overhauls) and will continue to make adjustments as we learn more about what works and what needs improvement.
FN173fNVUAA2ODv

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
There are accountants in the game? Ugh! I agree! Accounting is the most fucking frustrating thing when tou fuck up (talking about hand ledgers not computer ones). Oh the fucking torment. Can't say it was boring though. Boring is listening to some tart talk about her life.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
FlyingCowboy has a interesting gameplay. Seems like SAGE is a interesting class

Epic Eclusive is the devs way of telling you to please pirate because someone has already paid for your copy.

GoG > Steam > Trash > Epic

Mages are the most boring thing after accounts

Can you play as an accountant?

I still think that fighting inquisition > fighting mages bringing eldritch horrors.

Brickfrog

Learned
This and gamepass are the only reason to use other services imo. But honestly if Microsoft and epic want to dump huge sums of money into trying to secure market share by offering free games than I'm not gonna say no. Free is free.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I may pick this up day one on PlayStation. I really enjoyed the first game, which I beat solo on PC, and local co-op with my brother. on console

Reviews seem decent to good, so far.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
This and gamepass are the only reason to use other services imo. But honestly if Microsoft and epic want to dump huge sums of money into trying to secure market share by offering free games than I'm not gonna say no. Free is free.

You know what's also free and doesn't require you to install a barely functional, borderline malware launcher?

Piracy.

Brickfrog

Learned

You know what's also free and doesn't require you to install a barely functional, borderline malware launcher?

Piracy.
I pirate stuff here and there but I'm not so anal about my HD that I care about putting epic on it. If it actually caused slowdowns on my machine then there would be a problem, but it doesn't.

I already have fukn bnet installed for playing warcraft3 so it's just another tire in the burn pit to me :lol:

HoboForEternity

LIBERAL PROPAGANDIST
Patron
looks like this game is the dark souls 2 of the series
https://www.reddit.com/r/saltandsanctuary/comments/unboc4/salt_and_sacrifice_initial_feedback/
https://www.reddit.com/r/saltandsan...poilers_my_two_cents_on_sacrifice_and_a_plea/

-healing use resource you have to obtain instead of regen every save. you can grind for potion/whatever that you can basically have infinite healing
-gear drop farming %
-you can only lv up in hub, which is annoying
-Locked weapon types and restricted blocking (can't pair a dagger with a shield, etc)

etc, etc

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
This game is a flaming hot pile of poop. One of the worst game's I have ever played. Unfair, untested, boring boss fights and level design. Low IQ implementation and copy of mechanics from other triple AAA titles like Monster Hunter without any fundamental understanding of why or how these mechanics work. Literally the worst 2D indie game i've ever payed for day 1.

Looking back its my fault for paying full price based off of a solid 7/10 (at best) first entry that was Sanctuary. They blindly copied Dark Souls stuff into their ugly Newgrounds 2D bs and it worked then, but this time they blindly copied 1 too many things and it all fell apart. AVOID
Looks like reviews are quite bad.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Salt and Sacrifice Update 1.0.1.0: The Shunned Namekeeper

0ooj7m.png

SkaStudios said:
The Salt and Sacrifice 1.0.1.0 update is live, featuring new content: The Shunned Namekeeper. Patch notes below:

The Shunned Namekeeper​

Update New Content

• New Namekeeper NPC/Merchant.
  • Many weapons, armor, and other items sold by the Namekeeper.
  • The merchant NPC inventory has been expanded.
  • The kingsguard now sells royal equipment.
  • Tarcloth for buffing mundane weapons.
  • Essence for breathing magical attacks.
  • Incense for restoration and recovery buffs.
  • Dagger items that allow sacrificing HP for rage, focus, or ammo.
  • Hourglass for resetting roaming mages.
  • Bowl of Pages for locating roaming mages.
  • Tattooed Egg for sparring with your cooperative partners.
  • Show/Hide helmet option in Settings->Gameplay that also syncs over the network.

Fixes / Improvements

• The cost of equipment purchased with silver has been adjusted to reflect the equipment tier.
  • Players in NG+ no longer need to unlock NPCs for matching they’ve unlocked on previous playthroughs with their character.
  • Players in NG+ are no longer limited to matchmaking with players based on maps they’ve visited on their current game iteration.
  • Fated hunts may sometimes reward multiplayer tokens.
  • Icon added in stores and crafting screens to indicate which items the player already owns.
  • Ranged attack cooldowns have been adjusted to prevent spamming attacks by canceling animations
  • Chrono bubbles will no longer slow time for friendly targets.
  • Suffocating Rain and other runic arts attacks sync better over the network.
  • Fated Hunt descriptions now show the correct tier in NG+.
  • Music no longer relies on Windows Media Player being installed (Windows only).
  • Starstones in storage can be used for leveling.
  • Incorrect upgrade level icons no longer render over artifacts/charms.

8j4u0j.png

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom