Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Community Save RPG Codex with the Power of Fallout

Jason

chasing a bee
Tags: Fallout; Herve Caen

Have you always wanted to help the Codex but felt iffy about the whole "getting jacksquat in return" policy? Then this offer is for you! Whenever you buy any of the first three <b><a href="http://www.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promotion/pp/fe5dbbcea5ce7e2988b8c69bcfdfde8904aabc1f" target="blank">Fallout games</a></b> for the low price of $5.99 using <b><a href="http://www.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promotion/pp/fe5dbbcea5ce7e2988b8c69bcfdfde8904aabc1f" target="blank">this link</a></b>, classic gaming site <b><a href="http://www.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promotion/pp/fe5dbbcea5ce7e2988b8c69bcfdfde8904aabc1f" target="blank">Good Old Games</a></b> will throw a handful of bottlecaps our way. But wait, there's more! Each downloadable, DRM-free title comes with a mess of extras, such as:
<br>
<blockquote> Original soundtrack in MP3 (59 minutes)
<br>
2 hi-res wallpapers
<br>
18 artworks and concept arts
<br>
Set of avatars
<br>
Fallout Bible by Chris Avellone (205 pages)
<br>
Manual (124 pages)
<br>
Reference card </blockquote>
<br>
This offer includes <b>Fallout</b>, <b>Fallout 2</b>, and <b>Fallout Tactics</b> so head on over to <a href="http://www.gog.com/en/page/fallout_promotion/pp/fe5dbbcea5ce7e2988b8c69bcfdfde8904aabc1f" target="blank">Good Old Games</a></b> and give til it hurts.
<br>

<br>
<i>Act now and get a free <a href="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3178/2982969095_9e17a7c943_o.jpg" target="blank">Codexer slave</a> of your choice!</i>

Barrow_Bug

Cipher
Sign me up. Looks like a great deal. Or I could image spam the fuck out of a thread. No, I think I'll be an adult and contribute.

I dare you fuckers to do the same.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Gonna nab 'em just for the soundtracks. I've already got Fallout 1 & 2, might as well give Tactics a shot.

Murk

Arcane
def put that as a perma link on the top with more emphasis i'd say

Crichton

Prophet
Damn it, I just bought that F1+F2+Tactics collection from Amazon (it's actually the cheapest way to get tactics).

MisterStone

Arcane
Hmm... well, I already have FO1 and FO2, and I don't think that I want Tactics. So maybe I should buy Freespace 2 or something? Isn't FS2 still pretty fun, with an active modding community?

Pegultagol

Erudite
If you are interested in anything remotely related to space simulation, freespace 2 is the epitome of what the genre could do. I hear it is simply one of the best simulation, bar none. Be sure to have a flight stick though.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
too bad i already have all of them on gog. general referral links like the amazon ones would be better.

Jason

chasing a bee
icon_salut.gif

SlavemasterT would be a good choice methinks; oh, the irony.
And here I thought TNP would've been the first to be claimed.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Freespace 2 is a great game, but I wouldn't call it a simulator, since it doesn't even attempt to simulate movement in space.

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
baby arm said:
<i>Act now and get a free <a href="http://img130.imagevenue.com/aAfkjfp01fo1i-24999/loc1155/19498_CodexCollage_122_1155lo.jpg" target="blank">Codexer slave</a> of your choice!</i>

Hey! The link for the slave doesn't work.

Shannow

Waster of Time
The slave-link doesn't work...
I'm really tempted to buy all of them. Any news on the bug-squashing? Supposedly gog wanted to patch bugs and make the games XP/vista compatible. Has anybody had any experience with the results yet?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
SuicideBunny said:
too bad i already have all of them on gog. general referral links like the amazon ones would be better.
You can just use the Amazon.com link above the top banner. Anything you buy via that link brings the site a small commission.

Cynicus

Augur
MisterStone said:
Hmm... well, I already have FO1 and FO2, and I don't think that I want Tactics. So maybe I should buy Freespace 2 or something? Isn't FS2 still pretty fun, with an active modding community?

If you like space shooters such as Wing Commander or X-Wing/Tie Fighter, you should definitely grab Freespace 2. It's more than worth what gog is asking for it.

It's been a long while since I've been around the FS2 mod scene, but I'd be surprised if the community wasn't still going, especially considering that the space shooter genre is commercially comatose. The FS2 source was released into the wild about 5 years ago, so there's an open source scene as well. Search for Freespace 2 Source Code Project. There were several total conversions in progress that were using that engine last time I checked.

Deleted member 7219

Already got all of them, and the Fallout Bible too.

Tempted by the soundtrack, but I don't think I'm going to buy one of the games again just for that.

SlavemasterT

Arcane
baby arm said:
Ok, I gave up on metallix' original ImageAvenue link and replaced it with a Flickr link. Should work. Now you won't miss out on all that hot Codex man-meat.
Perhaps you should just give up on Metallix's image completely and go with the clearly superior option, hmm?
Shagnak said:
SlavemasterT would be a good choice methinks; oh, the irony.
A trip to New Zealand might just be in order if the liberals steamroll us this election and track down any of the insane right-wing ranting I've done here.

Disconnected

Scholar
Damn.. I just realised I've bought FO1 four times, FO2 five times and Tactics three times.

I dunno whether to go see my doctor, bank manager or both. Or a divorce lawyer if the wife ever reads this post :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom