Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I want a board of directors. Chiefs. Shareholders. Workers. Managers. Marketers. Etcetera.
I want politicians. Generals. Captains. Quartermasters. NCOs.

Yes, well, the Codex clan almost certainly won't be more than 50-60 strong. You don't need a humongous bureaucracy to manage such a small group, as cool as it may seem in theory.

Note however that I believe assignable organizational roles beyond rank structure were hinted at in the first reveal, meaning that in practice, what you want way be possible to some extent.

Now you just need to find about a thousand-plus people to play the game with who don't already have some tryhard self-awarded rank structure in place.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yes, well, the Codex clan almost certainly won't be more than 50-60 strong.

Didn't we talk about including IRL bros? I had a couple in mind that could join us. If we expand a bit beyond Codex users and close friends to certified bros met in game, we could get a good number I guess?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Didn't we talk about including IRL bros? I had a couple in mind that could join us. If we expand a bit beyond Codex users and close friends to certified bros met in game, we could get a good number I guess?

Perhaps we can team up with RPGWatch? :troll:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Perhaps we can team up with RPGWatch? :troll:

Heh, I think that would actually be kindda awesome. Alas, I think they would pussy out. Me and I think grotsnik and Mantiis tried to get them to compete in a friendly Blood Bowl tourney - Codex vs. Watch. We couldn't even get them to formulate a reply.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Guys, I've just had the most fantastic idea. Remember the Water Buffalo Lodge fraternal hats from The Flintstones?

flintstones_L17.jpg

We should order a few dozen of these customized to our liking and require Codexers to wear them while playing Star Citizen.

Also, you must speak an elaborate password within thirty seconds of logging into voice chat or be banned from the server for 24 hours.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
where do i sign up for a job that rewards you with both a stacked paycheck and loads of spare time like you've got Blaine? :troll:

AstroZombie

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13420-Letter-From-The-Chairman-34-Million

36 million stretch goal:

Tamsa System – Located near the fringe of Banu space, Tamsa System features a massive central star that has collapsed into a black hole. Evidence suggests that there were at least two more planets in the system when the star collapsed before the ensuing black hole engulfed them. Only two planets remain in the system, a chthonian world and a gas giant located far from the black hole’s event horizon. Initial surveys indicate that the two outer planets are slowly being pulled towards the black hole, leaving the two as a risky proposition at best for any sort of colonization.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Would be nice if they used some of that 34 million to sort out pledges. Whole thing is starting to look more and more like an outright scam.

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
I didn't pursue this project much since the Kickstarter, but just crawled through all the funding goals: this is megalomaniacal madness...
But whatever, if this comes all true, fine enough for me. Since I'm looking forward to the Squadron 42 part only, are these goals planned for the first release date (2015 ?) already or are they supposed to be implemented afterwards?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
So Blaine is there a chance for a sale in the near future? I got the bonus from my workplace, and want to spend it for some sweet Star Citizen. But I'm such a jew, that I want it cheaper.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
So Blaine is there a chance for a sale in the near future? I got the bonus from my workplace, and want to spend it for some sweet Star Citizen. But I'm such a jew, that I want it cheaper.

Doesn't seem that way. At the least, no sale has been announced in conjunction with the upcoming livestream—and if a sale were planned, it would be announced well in advance, since people (usually Europeans) who seemingly work 24 hours a day for 3-4 days straight on a regular basis must be informed well in advance, otherwise they'll miss the entire livestream and complain loudly.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Doesn't seem that way. At the least, no sale has been announced in conjunction with the upcoming livestream—and if a sale were planned, it would be announced well in advance, since people (usually Europeans) who seemingly work 24 hours a day for 3-4 days straight on a regular basis must be informed well in advance, otherwise they'll miss the entire livestream and complain loudly.
Allright, I buy an Aurora then, I have money for that.

Edit: Aaaand, bought it! I'm in Star Citizen!!!!!!!! You better not fuck it up Roberts!

Last edited:

Sergiu64

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13420-Letter-From-The-Chairman-34-Million

36 million stretch goal:

Tamsa System – Located near the fringe of Banu space, Tamsa System features a massive central star that has collapsed into a black hole. Evidence suggests that there were at least two more planets in the system when the star collapsed before the ensuing black hole engulfed them. Only two planets remain in the system, a chthonian world and a gas giant located far from the black hole’s event horizon. Initial surveys indicate that the two outer planets are slowly being pulled towards the black hole, leaving the two as a risky proposition at best for any sort of colonization.

How is this possible, shouldn't the black hole's gravitational pull be exactly the same that the original star had? If anything the supernova before the collapse should have blasted these planets away or disintegrated them.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
So Blaine is there a chance for a sale in the near future? I got the bonus from my workplace, and want to spend it for some sweet Star Citizen.
Hungary. Year end bonus is worth $50.
Actually it was $600. What? This is third worldia. Obviously I don't want to spend all of it on SC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom