Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
xM1nScW.jpg

The change in writing can be felt right at the start. Remember this droid from the first game?

91n2NZk.jpg

I think not many would use T3 past Taris in the first game because the droid had very little personality. Once you got HK47, you have your slicer and better combat droid. Heck, I can only tolerate Canderous and HK47 for non-Jedi companions in KOTOR1. Poor T3 sliced into Imperial Base in Taris, allowing Revan and co to escape destruction, but never really got acknowledged past that by the writers. It's almost as if it was a tool meant to be used and discarded.

This isn't the case in KOTOR2, T3's role did not end at the Tutorial. Even then, the magnitude of its recovery of Ebon Hawk was huge.

bXaMa3B.jpg

This little guy single-handedly saved Kreia, the Exile, and the Ebon Hawk.

7vtihzP.jpg

A reward for saving this half-eaten spaceship cookie? It got zapped by a familiar-looking figure.

8GTcxPQ.jpg

I think Obsidian's red-lighting is intentionally done to mislead KOTOR1 players to think it's the same protocol droid.

cLEEWLb.jpg

No, it's not. And so it's time to brave the Ass Peragus Mining Station again with the restored content mod installed.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I approve. Those infidels were taught good!

Praise Adanos who taught me how to conjure deadly hailstorms, freeze the time itself making the time in a area far slower to free cities from the followers of tyrannical Gods. While fire consume and destroy everything and darkness is a corruption of nature, water is what sustain life.

Here is i freeing Faring. The least city to be freed

Look at 5:53 how many corpses

moxPMg0.png

Jb6wsQg.png

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
Peragus wasn't so bad.

The 20+ mining droids gave me flashbacks of Rakghouls in Taris :lol: But yeah, this time I have Stun Droid at start, so it's not too hard. Just tedious.

RK47

Patron
I think gameplay-wise it's not that much different.
I really hate the UI, so console it hurts.
But what I like more about the sequel is the cast.
Much stronger than the first one. Jolee and Canderous is the only one I really liked from the first.

curds

Magister
Morrowind

UvcHNe6.png

Probably a sub-optimal build, doesn't really matter too much in Morrowind.
PTRSt8K.png

Some very natural dialogue. ;)
lUAVo6r.png

Game can still look pretty great. I have no graphics mods installed.
BQktrlK.png

Spying on that fetcher, Fargoth.

Forgot how much I enjoy this game. Been years since I last played it. Never finished it of course. Gameplay sucks obviously but the atmosphere is so well done I can't help but get sucked in.

RK47

Patron
I had a hard fight in the Exchange and after the cutscene is over, the Exile starts meditating. :lol:

pnNkY4H.jpg

How'd that happen?
Also, I won a Pazaak game that gave me a huge discount on a Twi'lek dancing girl worth 1000 credits.
Releasing her from service gets me non-combat access to the Czerka database but this isn't worth it.
I rather keep her.

RO2LpYJ.jpg

She can make a lot of credits dancing for me instead.

fHno9Ek.jpg

g1HIDx9.jpg

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Finally met an enemy I can't defeat in Diablo 2.
My Amazon, Necro, Sorceress and Assassin made it past him (don't remember his mods, though), but my Werewolf Druid with 1700+ HP loses about 1500 HP in one hit from this freak's lightning bolts.
And what makes it even scarier is that another boss has Fanatacism aura which will overlap if I go to far south-west.

SeMMdD6.jpg

I think I'll just have to run past him, go south, TP and then reenter via a waypoint and take then go north, hoping to just avoid the bastard.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Exhumed

Since the source port for Eduke32 was released, I've decided to give it a try and see how the game compares to other Build engine titles. First of all, I really like the change of scenery. Ancient Egypt can be a nice setting, considering some parts of Serious Sam. And it looks really nice, with all the dungeons and catacombs mixed with more open areas. One thing that I really liked, was the level design, and how the developers were transforming them in real time, to reveal some nasty trap or a passage. There is no hand holding and later on with maps growing bigger it's easy to loose track if you just missed pressing one button or a door. Also, there is a lot of jumping and platforms compared to other FPS games of that era. Luckily, the controls are really smooth and I've never died due to my clumsiness.

There is a lot going on beside finding keys, and due to the checkpoint system combined with limited number of lives supply it is necessary to be careful later on. The weapons aren't the strongest point of Exhumed. We've got machete, a pistol, M-60, grenades and flame thrower. Plus later on the Cobra Staff, which is like a rocket launcher, but with a homing missiles. It can kill you easily if you are close to the enemy. I learn about it rather quick. For the most of the time I used M-60, since it has great accuracy, there is a lot of ammo that can be found for it and it has a stopping power even for a big crowds. Pistol is a good when we really are out of luck with mags for the previous bad boy, and in the beginning. Flame thrower is good, but you need to be close to the enemy and it's harder to control the crowd with it. Grenades are great, but tossing them took me some time. There are also explosive ancient barrels with skulls on them, that will open new areas and can kill quickly almost everything.

We've encounter many creatures on our path, starting from cute spiders that are always swarming in packs.

Terrainian01.png

And then we've got Anubis Warrior. You will see this guy a lot, mostly in a bigger groups. They should magical balls at you, or if you are trying to get intimate at them, use melee attack.

Anubis01.png
Anubis01.png
Anubis01.png
Anubis01.png
Anubis01.png

"Excuse me sir, do you have time to talk about our lord and savior Anubis ?"

Other than that we've got: piranhas, Am-mits (a strange creature that will charge at you and has a weak spot underneath), Omen Wasps (very nasty bitches, pardon me, but I really hated them), Mummies (what is interesting, it's they can transform you into one of their own for a short time period. You can use their magic staff that is really overpowered, but so satisfying to use). Plus hot Bastets - humanoid enemy resembling an upright lioness wearing a bikini. They teleport quickly once they've been attacked and take some time to kill. Strangely, I found that pistol is the best, and most economical choice as a tool for dealing with them to conserve the ammo for M-60. Be ready for some really nasty cat fights. Way later on we are introduced to strange insectoid creatures called Klimaats, that are actually an aliens and have nasty laser weapons.

We encounter as well a mid-boss like creature as well called Magmantis. As you can clearly deduce, he is in the lava pits usually at the end of the level waiting patiently for us. Luckilly, we've got some powerups, that can be found. Like severed slave hand, that gives additional kick to the power of our weapons. M-60 will tear him into pieces. Still, it is a magnificent beast and during the last part of the game we encounter more than one of them in the same place.

There are some additional magical items, which can heal us, invulnerable, light our way or breath underwater.
We've got three boss fights, and they involve :

Set, an ape-like god with tentacles.
Selkis, a human/robot/crab hybrid. Shoots auto-laser and claws you. Spawns a lot of spiders when she dies, and you have to kill them as well.
Kilmaat Queen - The final boss, she shoots yellow charges at you. The place we fight is really small, so you need to be careful.

In the last level we need to destroy all the special alien devices used for navigation. After that, we gain entrance where we destroy central computer and see the ending credits. Overall Exhumed plays rather well and deserves more recognition due to the level design that really shines when it comes to Build engine games, and with its unique setting I just wish we could see another FPS like that.

pcexhumed2019-11-2310a3kg4.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2414c7j81.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2415p6k7n.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2416i3j0t.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-24162vjz0.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2417lfjx9.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2417v8j8e.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2417gkjdj.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2417n3jw1.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2417dek45.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2718z7krw.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-27191dj50.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-2719k1kcz.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-3011mtjox.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-30124ckay.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-30121njni.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-3014imjy3.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-3014lzjdv.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-3014gxk40.jpg

pcexhumed2019-11-3014wrkx6.jpg

RK47

Patron
I knew going to Korriban first is a bad idea...
Don't you just hate it when the plot necessitates a face-to-face talk?

CqycSkq.jpg

lTpnB80.jpg

Hey, that's cheating, man.

cGD3B4p.jpg

That guy stun rapes everyone. Even the Handmaiden is no match.
It's all up to T3 now.

NhPHmiG.jpg

CGr3flk.jpg

Not enough? Bring out the big guns.

V9DyJNc.jpg

lU9UVLv.jpg

rAfw5aA.jpg

OLyLqpE.jpg

:lol:

qOrP6HK.jpg

9Px8jKx.jpg

T3 is the MVP

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
...MOLEK-SYNTEZ
Iz gud?
Complexity-wise it's somewhere between Opus Magnum campaign and the devilishly hard Opus Magnum extra missions on limited table. Graphics are tad better than TIS-100, story is TIS-100 level. It's a good, small Zachtronics game. If it's under 10EUR, get it, def worth that kind of money.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
It looks like the first Dragon Age with its overblown gore, where everyone has blood splatters just everywhere.

Though I think it's a hydra fighting a crab, gg.

RK47

Patron
'Guys! T3 just saved us from Darth Sion!'

aosyINN.jpg

'Guys?'

vxuVUqd.jpg

wCy9gh3.jpg

Jeez, right when I'm still at 20% HP too. Can't an Exile just catch a break?

LgYdPNY.jpg

GDB8Khv.jpg

Gotcha you gypsy!

50BqRdY.jpg

Alright. Go me! Where was I - oh yeah, T3 just saved us and-

RzpLvsm.jpg

What

icX7xpl.jpg

:lol: Poor guy.

Endemic

Arcane
Oh yeah, T3 did something with the navicomputer. That and Kreia isn't fond of droids anyway.

CuckMasher

Novice
Finished. What an amazing game. HUGE respert to Fizzii and the rest of the team

That ending made me FEEL. Now I need to play through as the other two classes cause I only got 402/500 point this time

iPTAik.jpg

iPTW9x.jpg

iPTiLH.jpg

iPTja1.jpg

iPTIkc.jpg

iPTZlK.jpg

iPTgbZ.jpg

iPTtrP.jpg

iPT14m.jpg

iPTRPi.jpg

:salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute::salute:
iPTkd9.gif

What game is this? Looks cool.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom