Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Text size in games, 2003:
VoKz4HK.png

Text size in 2018:
61D2CA1D200634D4691CAB41F9FBAD7297B5FD6A

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Why in this RPG's, the villain generally is cool while the MC is extremely boring?

Seriously. You have Wiches and Deathknights as villains on JRPG's while the protagonist is rarely even non human and non swordsman.

I have very little experience with JRPGs, but in both I've played (DQ8 and 11) the idea seems to be that the main character is kind of a blank slate for you to RP as. They don't even speak in either game. A lot of the team members and other characters can be very likeable and cool though.

As for withches and deathknights, I don't think they'd be particularly interesting playable characters either, but if they were available, they'd likely be just as plain and silent as the main character already is.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I have very little experience with JRPGs, but in both I've played (DQ8 and 11) the idea seems to be that the main character is kind of a blank slate for you to RP as. They don't even speak in either game. A lot of the team members and other characters can be very likeable and cool though.

As for withches and deathknights, I don't think they'd be particularly interesting playable characters either, but if they were available, they'd likely be just as plain and silent as the main character already is.

Interesting. Can i be a necromancer in DQ?

Any "rpg" that forces me to use a sword is automatically a never to play game. Nothing against games without magic or firearms as longs i can use axes, halberds, spears, longbows, arbalests and so on.

And urealistic sized swords are the most retarded thing ever. Swords has no reach, no anti armor capability, can't be used for big game hunting, require constant maintenance but has a advantage. Is very portable and amazing secondary weapons. If you make a Cloud style oversized sword, the sword loses all advantages of a sword and will NEVER be good as a equally sized axe in therms of cutting.

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hero has Sword, Greatword, Swordmastery and Luminary skill trees, as well as a whole ton of spells. The rest of the characters have their own shit like daggers, whips, spears etc.

It's probably worth looking up a guide if you're really interested, it's very different from most western RPGs

You can't be a necromancer

wahrk

Learned
Homeworld Remastered. Never got a chance to play this back in the day so I picked up the collection on sale and just finished the first game. Fun and very unique strategy game although I thought the difficulty was very uneven, some missions had barely any challenge at all.

Catacombs

Arcane
Patron
Homeworld Remastered. Never got a chance to play this back in the day so I picked up the collection on sale and just finished the first game. Fun and very unique strategy game although I thought the difficulty was very uneven, some missions had barely any challenge at all.

I still have fond memories of the intro to the first game.

DraQ

Arcane

I still have fond memories of everything in the first game.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Legacy of Bhaal difficulty is insane BUT i hated the hp bloat. I mean, some times i use my HP bloated summons while I do other things IRL and takes minutes to kill some enemies with high hp. Finger of Death in other hands, is a mandatory spell to solo that difficulty. You can OHK even dragons with it.
vRV4ikN.png

xFL58ts.png

q3xb2zc.png

A5ZDy2o.png

KUyFZXG.png

Finger of Death forces the enemy to make the spell save at -2 disadvantage
Necromancy specialization for wizard increases it by another -2
Greater Malison inflicts a -4 disadvantage
Totalizing -8.

Most dragons Has around 60(Adalon) to 65 Magical resistance(Kirkraag), two lower resist + a greater malison on a spell trigger + necromancer specialization can make a dragon that has 65% SR and only needs to roll 6 in a d20 to be saved from the OHK spell, having only 5% of MR and having to roll a 14 to bypass SR.

I honestly don't know if i can solo ToB as a necromancer on the Legacy of Bhaal difficulty however. SoA, I probably can.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
OMG... A Demon Lord on legacy of Bhaal difficulty. A enemy which you should't even fight in the first place, which even my planetar can't damage, that can deal 60+ damage per hit got ONE HIT KILLED by my finger of death. Sure, i used 3 lower resist and a greater malison on him BUT still... A fuking demon lord in a difficulty where anything can soak 666 nukes into the face.

lFJJ3Mr.png

wSBlumc.png

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

I still have no memories of most things in the first game because it blows.

DraQ

Arcane

I still have no memories of most things in the first game because it blows.
:whatho:
That's it.
It's fucking deratization time.
:timetoburn:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Fallout New Vegas 4k without ENB this time around
LXUNsrx.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom