Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Decided to randomly click my MAME ROMs list and see what I get :

Batman-forever.jpg

Batman Forever : not a big fan of either beat'em all, Batman or grim darkness but it is ok. Many combo and spectacular powers.

battle-circuit-2.jpg

battle-circuit-3.jpg

Battle Circuit : The opposite of Batman : fun, colored, and not bad either.

cybertank.jpg

Cybertank : some early pseudo-3D that is completely fucked up but somehow managed to capture the spirit of drunk driving. Well what do I know, I've never driven drunk, and this is not what will get me started. Pure shit.

dday.jpg

D-Day : As fun as it looks. Next.

p47-aces.jpg

P-47 Aces : gorgeous, mesmerizing, unreadable and stupidly fast. Half of the time the screen is filled by explosions so you can't see the lighning-fast bullets coming.

p47-phantom-fighter.jpg

P47 Phantom Fighter : The exact opposite of fun. Sad and tedious. Work, almost.

And that's all for now.

Last edited:

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
still crazy to me that miyazaki seems to be the first person in the universe to have thought "hmm maybe dungeons that have no sources of light should actually be dark"
There is literally a game two posts above yours that did it years before. Darkness was a text adventure staple until the '90s. And because of necessarily short draw distances, most of the early 3D dungeon crawlers would do something like that.

Dr1f7

Scholar
still crazy to me that miyazaki seems to be the first person in the universe to have thought "hmm maybe dungeons that have no sources of light should actually be dark"
There is literally a game two posts above yours that did it years before. Darkness was a text adventure staple until the '90s. And because of necessarily short draw distances, most of the early 3D dungeon crawlers would do something like that.

well yeah ancient games were based; I was talking about 3D games made like 2000s onward

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Whoever was the lead artist on this was a bit too much infatuated with infrared photography.

I guess it can be cool for someone totally unfamiliar with it, but to me it's just gimmicky. The other half of the ER screenshot that don't look like IR photos are reminiscent of overphotoshopped kitschy landscape shots that are so popular among hobbyist photographers.

Dunno, the game might be good, but I find the visual style offputting. I much prefer the "realist" style of ELEX, then Nehrim was a good example of the occasional surrealism.

curds

Magister
Took him long enough to figure it out. But lol, no, he did not invent that :lol:
Have you played Dragon's Dogma?

Riskbreaker

From's very own Shadow Tower had areas with extremely limited visibility where torch was pretty much a must.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom