Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Starpoint Gemini Warlords. aka Folk-rock flautists must die.
The seed drill is one of the more important inventions of the Agricultural Revolution, and I sometimes name videogame characters after its inventor, Jethro Tull.

jethro-tull--misc---50692063-3ef670d3dae845d4b20e384280b67e24.jpg
detail-Jethro-Tull-artist-oil-painting-collection.jpg

Zenithsan

Educated
Wasn't expecting this. I thought that, like every pokemon game, the world would be very flat, but I'm liking it so far.

01001f5010dfa000-2023-06-20-05-03-23-023.png

01001f5010dfa000-2023-06-20-05-00-52-292.png

01001f5010dfa000-2023-06-20-05-00-24-552.png

ferratilis

Magister
Perseus Mandate is where the franchise went to shit, and it would only get worse with 2 and 3. Not planning on playing those, ever again.
20230620215031-1.jpg

20230619093500-1.jpg

Oops, we forgot the lighting.
20230618215849-1.jpg

Todd, I'm ready.
20230620112643-1.jpg

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Perseus Mandate
I wouldn't call it a terrible expansion by the virtue of how strong the original gameplay loop of FEAR is.
However, whoever the guy who came up with those ninja mercenaries who can eat twenty shotgun blasts right into their faces should get his balls sawed off.

Fargus

Arcane
If you liked FEAR gameplay then it was ok. But the story was poorly written shit with edgy dialogue and the expansion is just cashgrab. Still better than Project Origin and FEAR3, i couldn't force myself to finish Origin and straight up uninstalled FEAR 3 after 20 minutes.

If only FEAR was open source so people could make a bunch of good mods for it and maybe VR mod.

ferratilis

Magister
Perseus Mandate
I wouldn't call it a terrible expansion by the virtue of how strong the original gameplay loop of FEAR is.
However, whoever the guy who came up with those ninja mercenaries who can eat twenty shotgun blasts right into their faces should get his balls sawed off.
But the thing is, they ruined that strong gameplay loop with poor level design. The thing that made FEAR AI seem so advanced is that level design perfectly complemented it, which is why it is praised even today. However, the AI is not as advanced as it seems, it's just that the levels don't let them look stupid. Perseus Mandate has a lot of wide areas that break the AI. They try to flank you in a nonsensical way, their callouts are often absent, sometimes wrong, if you stand in a specific spot they just freeze and you can easily pick them off. That would never happen in base campaign, even in Extraction Point. Plus those stupid mercs, it's just bad.

Also, FEAR AI is terrible at tracking multiple entities, because they don't know how to prioritize targets. Extraction Point introduced deployable turrets that expose the AI, but at least the levels would still prevent them from going full retard. Perseus Mandate just goes a step further and completely ruins it. Together with ugly lighting and nonsensical story, it really cheapens the experience imo. Still miles ahead from FEAR 2 and 3, but it should've been better because it was developed by the same team. Just my two cents.

Fargus

Arcane
How is that new FEAR copycat game btw? Triton5 or some shit.

The demo felt like a cheap copy of FEAR made by people who overplayed CoD with no style or identity of their own. But maybe things improved...

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Trepang2, recall that demo featured crafting, a plot that fellates the player a bit too much and that it run like ass on my lap.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Perseus Mandate was pretty good for what it was. Didn't try to reinvent the wheel or anything.
Extraction Point is even more hardcore than the original game (a lot more horror and tension, also some really intense fights).
The Lightning Arc Weapon is awesome, very powerful and useful against those fast ninja mercs.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
XYEqX58.png

Demon's Souls completed

cXgZ7GM.png

lyUvDu3.png

Slbt8T7.png

gLNi9mP.png

FTPh3SD.png

FDk8YXh.png

kr4fL5E.png
Soul of the mind, key to life's ether.
Soul of the lost, withdrawn from its vessel.
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.
So the world might be mended.

jackofshadows

Magister
448685E615D00E1B2848CF14668BB521BB18CB9D

niiice
D740C5A950D6187F7CF89CDBC3EC57566F78AF56

07BDE5C28FFB92855CC0B02C3DEEC6EE639CF81D

while keeping climbing I stumbled into an update and my game was nulled (with a reward anyway but the new difficulty hasn't been unlocked). EA does this to games I suppose. 14 prestige so far. I would be done with the game, at least for now but want to hit 20 (max) before that. Fucking addictive for anyone.

Kev Inkline

(devious)
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Dual wielding pump action shotguns nigguh
On unity

Enough talkin' more screnshot postin'
Calcium Contract Demo

I dig the visuals
CalciumContractDemog.jpg
^These floaty dudes bounce funny if you shoot them with the shotgunLevel design however didn't impress me
Literal arena shooter
The game looks like 'prosper meets Amiga'

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom