Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Scantily-clad elves and goth sorceresses, my greatest weakness. Some stuff like that shooting mini-game in which you help you orc buddy chase some women just wouldn't fly today.
But the magic wielding characters are OP as hell, and the strongest spells deal damage on impact, and over some time after hitting the target.
Very annoying to fight against these ones if you're not a magic wielder yourself.

Gostak

Educated
20231025201542-1.jpg

20231028005542-1.jpg

20231029130425-1.jpg

20231031215723-1.jpg

20231102215153-1.jpg

Not just my wife found out that my (and her!) recent offspring was genetically engineered (not just that, the kid was fully grown in a tube and not a mother's womb, and damn girl we had a normal kid before, how do you just find out now that I tasked you with hiding this secret, lol).

Later said genetically engineered child, age 4(!), says to me sorta, "hey, listen I have this old friend that's tired of mercenary business and would instead be willing to join our house ...".

But these are about the only hilarious 4th-wall/immersion breaking things I came across so far.
This is SO MUCH less annoying than CK2 and requires so much fewer suspension of disbelief than that game.
The relationships also feel better simulated than in CK2 and are far less cheese-able here.
In CK2 you often saw and felt it's just this one number in the range from -100 to 100 that you knock this or that way by
doing/spamming this or that.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
Soul Reaver - Defiance (PS2)

Started with PC version (+ widescreen patch), but had to switch to PS2 version on pcsx2, due to:
  • camera "wandering off" from time to time, which made the game unplayable; don't know if it's compatibility-related or caused by the widescreen patch,
  • quicksaves - these are quite useful in a game where you can fall to your death due to THE WORST 3D CAMERA EVER CREATED.
Too bad about the horrible "on rails" camera, since the game is quite decent besides (graphics, combat system, area design).

:negative:

Bonus points for being able to push enemies to their deaths using telekinesis - every game should have this.

legacyofkain-defiancehnekr.jpg

legacyofkain-defiancejxcoy.jpg

legacyofkain-defiance4keey.jpg

legacyofkain-defiance5dexy.jpg

I've tried a cuple "new" games / demos recently:
  • AWAKEN - Astral Blade
  • The Last Faith
  • Trinity Fusion
  • Void Bastards
  • Blood West
But gave up on them very quickly (in less than 2 hours) - gameplay just wasn't good enough. At the same time, I'm able to enjoy an oldass game with some glarious flaws... Not sure if I'm becoming too old for this shit (gaming), or modern gaming is just shit.

BTW, the only new game that I tested and liked was Nine Sols:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1809540/Nine_Sols/

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Started with PC version (+ widescreen patch), but had to switch to PS2 version on pcsx2, due to:
  • camera "wandering off" from time to time, which made the game unplayable; don't know if it's compatibility-related or caused by the Widescreen patch,
  • quicksaves - these are quite useful in a game where you can fall to your death due to THE WORST 3D CAMERA EVER CREATED.
Too bad about the horrible "on rails" camera, since the game is quite decent besides (graphics, combat system, area design).

Bonus points for being able to push enemies to their deaths using telekinesis - every game should have this.

• AWAKEN - Astral Blade
  • The Last Faith
  • Trinity Fusion
  • Void Bastards
  • Blood West
But gave up on them very quickly (in less than 2 hours) - gameplay just wasn't good enough. At the same time, I'm able to enjoy an oldass game with some glarious flaws... Not sure if I'm becoming too old for this shit (gaming), or modern gaming is just shit.

VAE VICTIS.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

• camera "wandering off" from time to time, which made the game unplayable; don't know if it's compatibility-related or caused by the widescreen patch,

• AWAKEN - Astral Blade
  • The Last Faith
  • Trinity Fusion
  • Void Bastards
  • Blood West

I remember first time playing Dark Souls the atmosphere reminded me a lot to Defiance. Very cool game, I have to replay it some day.

spekkio

Arcane
Vandal Hearts 2 (PS1) + Take Turns Hack

vandalhearts2u-231104b4fqy.jpg

What's going on this time? Pedofiles, wizards, or dragon-worshipping pedofile wizards? :roll:

vandalhearts2u-231104scepo.jpg

vandalhearts2u-2311045odja.jpg

vandalhearts2u-2311046uf02.jpg

Looks like politics 101 actually. And what do they mean by "ruthlessly"?

vandalhearts2u-231104nzcme.jpg

vandalhearts2u-231104uad2g.jpg

Well...

tim-marty2mf23.gif

Strong independent womyn were already a thing back in 1999:

vandalhearts2u-231104yvfwm.jpg

vandalhearts2u-231104bqcio.jpg

:butthurt:

But wait! There's more:

vandalhearts2u-231104v7fan.jpg

Gigaslugs?

tediz___i_hate_these_nqe7r.jpg

vandalhearts2u-231104sme42.jpg

Don't worry clueless knight dude, our young heroes are gonna save you!

vandalhearts2u-231104pycor.jpg

vandalhearts2u-231104owc7w.jpg

:dance:

Beowulf

Arcane
Ok, the visuals can be spectacular at times, I'll give them that.
3ZdyFWm.jpg

bzCf7fE.jpg

clGy9NR.jpg

The photomode is nice, but it again shows how amateurish/ruched this game feels - it seems that for the camera movement the same postprocessing is applied as for the character movement in-game (motion blur). The character model also has collision enabled, so every time you want to put your character up front, you cannot just move thee camera backwards, but you have to go around your character, as the default camera position is directly in front of your head.

Psquit

Arcane
Fbaood3.png

THOU SHALL HAVE THE KINO THY SEEKEST, FOR THE LORD IS GOOD AND HIS MERCY ENDURES FOREVER.
STsLt4U.jpg

Fuck you, Miriam! tell Satan I exorcise your ass to hell!
abt9xih.gif

:what:

uFBQvl0.jpg

Time to save the world!
lXnO29l.jpg

iE1QJXa.jpg

0BhDxqX.jpg
udn71TW.jpg
haVBbAy.jpg

In the final chapter, you fight the unholy trinity, from an abortion clinic to a school with a satanic temple under it... to fight the final boss, Gary.

Not really going to show the whole thing since I actually like the game and people should at least give Faith a try.
1bItQFC.png
ax2NJyX.png
esjdRA9.png

Then Gary gets dragged to hell for his failure.

Solid game, I recommend Faith the Unholy Trinity.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Screwing around in Kerbal Space Program 2 since it seems it's actually stable and mostly optimized after ~8 months of patches, still overpriced and without major additional content compared to the first game though in case anyone is wondering.

SSTO phat rocket ship attempt (probably not going to work once they finally add re-entry heat with the much delayed SCIENCE content update next month):

J3NkZTC.jpg

Very good delta-v left after getting to orbit, although not that difficult to achieve if I can just slap on as many of the game's largest rocket parts together for free in sandbox mode.

6wypvJq.jpg

Suicide burn landing almost worked.

juNBGSQ.jpg

My in progress solar power and ion engine only crewed Moho orbiter mission to test the limits of the "burn during timewarp" system the sequel added.

d24L4lL.jpg

gfudRUm.jpg

An apollo-style mun mission I did while one of my kids watched and listened to my probably failed attempts of trying to distill rocket science to something understandable by a kindergartner.

ZVhUQ3U.jpg

wqT4jRg.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom