Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Took a Doomslayer from that GMOTA mod for a spin.
gzdoomGl2eKSVxTc.png
gzdoomFZBbvm39hT.png

He is not as fun to play as Blaz. His idea is that he needs to melee enemies with his sword in order to get ammo for your more convential Doom weapons.
Despite being able to swing his sword at any time by pressing altfire Doomslayer sucks at melee compared to Blaz so to compensate for this he can do a single stun shot and a lifestealing dagger throw - both are cooldown abilities. Meh.
I only liked basic shotgun replacement amongst his arsenal of weapons.
Also, absolutely loathe wyverns that replace cacodemons in this conversion.
gzdoomhg8VDlF7GY.png

They and those Hexen shield dudes are way too annoying to fight, especially as the Doomslayer.
Author is pretty active(same as the one who made Combined Arms mods that i am interested in trying out too) and promised reworks in the near future for all the characters including the third one that is currently unavailable. Will put GMOTA on hold until then.

Getting tired of brown colours and stuff. One steam demo caught my eye.
Snap the Sentinel.
snapgameQE7yzCXMno.png
snapgame6Ml13eYDQc.png
snapgameIBoymy9BbH.png
snapgame7iwerFxIwR.png

It's another one of those GZDoom commercial games but with a very early sonic 3D inspired look.
Only one gun that can rapid fire 7 bullets + ability to kick things. Can find limited ammo upgrades that make your gun fire spreading bullets, homing blasts or mini-artillery and stuff.
Something tells me that this game is designed around you attempting to speedrun the levels but the gameplay didn't grab me. Adore the visuals though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Dark Souls 3 Archthrones demo
as a demo there's quite a content like ~15 bosses
BvRvC3X.jpg

... that I could not met because everything kicks my ass badly - I got pretty rusty
LR8TFOS.jpg

iJbwhrm.jpg

nice to see familiar places again
3e4vGeX.jpg

old friend is back
my character from vanilla
GKWr6Wx.jpg

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's pretty good but i am again experiencing a slight burnout with Quake. Will need a break before continuing.
I found Dwell to be a consistently high difficulty map pack, especially in later levels it really ramps up. Keeps you on your toes constantly.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
d1m820240318123558.png
d1end20240318131834.png
d1end20240318133028.png

Didn't like the penultimate level that much, it was a bit too long. Still beautiful though.
Final level on the other hand i liked. It felt short but intense.
start20240318133043.png

Now only second episode and some secret hub levels remain to be beaten.
Edit: The game is Dwell btw.

I also started playing another pretty beautiful Doom 2 TC. Godless Night.
gzdoomGASaetrP5P.png
gzdoomts5dQgsnoN.png

Inspired by Castelvania somewhat but not in the same way like that other Castelvania TC mod.
The main focus here is the so called supercharge mod that changes yours weapons/enemies and also completely removes random damage numbers. Not yet completely used to reloading but i do absolutely love the feeling of impact and how your weapons sound. You got some new enemies too like the grenadier or the posionous pain elemental variant who thankfully doesn't summon lost souls.
Playing on the "Tough" difficulty that the game claims is like Speed of Doom and SCYTHE 2 - both WADs i didn't play yet. The levels while fairly large are surprisingly not 'that' large actually, they're very jumpacked with action and some tricky encounters. This difficulty is kicking my ass but i am having fun.
gzdoomqPDiBq7RTi.png
gzdoomja6RBvSCLa.png
gzdoomYK1wJl3Eer.png
gzdoomiUvamxSRDk.png
gzdoomuXxurESQad.png
gzdoom86KUzlhmdS.png
gzdoomJz2TcAPoVE.png
gzdoomFLi3qSZm67.png

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
d1m820240318123558.png
d1end20240318131834.png
d1end20240318133028.png

Didn't like the penultimate level that much, it was a bit too long. Still beautiful though.
Final level on the other hand i liked. It felt short but intense.
start20240318133043.png

Now only second epsiode and some secret hub levels remain to be beaten.

I also started playing another pretty beautiful Doom 2 TC. Godless Night.
gzdoomGASaetrP5P.png
gzdoomts5dQgsnoN.png

Inspired by Castelvania somewhat but not in the same way like that other Castelvania TC mod.
The main focus here is the so called supercharge mod that changes yours weapons/enemies and also completely removes random damage numbers. Not yet completely used to reloading but i do absolutely love the feeling of impact and how your weapons sound. You got some new enemies too like the grenadier or the posionous pain elemental variant who thankfully doesn't summon lost souls.
Playing on the "Tough" difficulty that the game claims is like Speed of Doom and SCYTHE 2 - both WADs i didn't play yet. The levels while fairly large are surprisingly not 'that' large actually, they're very jumpacked with action and some tricky encounters. This difficulty is kicking my ass but i am having fun.
gzdoomqPDiBq7RTi.png
gzdoomja6RBvSCLa.png
gzdoomYK1wJl3Eer.png
gzdoomiUvamxSRDk.png
gzdoomuXxurESQad.png
gzdoom86KUzlhmdS.png
gzdoomJz2TcAPoVE.png
gzdoomFLi3qSZm67.png
Mama Mia!

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Completed Godless Night.
gzdoomZxa2F3ap9k.png
gzdoomJQjd9AOBpJ.png
gzdoomJMAYWoCXTB.png

My opinion on this conversion has honestly worsened during the later levels. I am really not fun of those type of slaughtery encounters that overuse archviles or their variants.
My least favourite level was probably the sunken temple that is just one big arena with 300 enemies thrown at you at once. The only winning strategy i found was running circles for a few minutes while taking potshots at enemies until most of them die due to infighting. The very first garden level still remained my favourite on the other hand.
Missed one key which i assume is required for the last secret level. Not interesed in finding it honestly, neither i am interested in this unlocked ruin difficulty mode.
Perhaps i would have enjoyed this one more have i chosen the standard difficulty.
gzdoomd1Qc5BdCC9.png
gzdoom80wePod6Gr.png
gzdoom54xEtDwrCA.png
gzdoomQoRlh1wuDi.png
gzdoomGNzjBInTC6.png
gzdoomgRdVfFAI20.png
gzdoomZ7cIooG2rh.png
gzdoomiqbkTndJzC.png
gzdoomwDkKEfV8Cg.png

AlphaYellow

Educated
3D pinball game with jungle and volcano-themed tables, uses Unreal Engine 1. It's called Adventure Pinball: Forgotten Island, came out in 2001

PB20240320025633354.png

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Test Drive 5
GJI9wo_WIAA3REY

neat
used to listen to them in high school before they started releasing samey sounding longplays
which is almost the same case with Ministry (other industrial band) but those stopped making music after Filth Pig and started dropping sound poopss

GJH8FJiXwAAj9eb

Last edited:

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Completed Godless Night.
gzdoomZxa2F3ap9k.png
gzdoomJQjd9AOBpJ.png
gzdoomJMAYWoCXTB.png

My opinion on this conversion has honestly worsened during the later levels. I am really not fun of those type of slaughtery encounters that overuse archviles or their variants.
My least favourite level was probably the sunken temple that is just one big arena with 300 enemies thrown at you at once. The only winning strategy i found was running circles for a few minutes while taking potshots at enemies until most of them die due to infighting. The very first garden level still remained my favourite on the other hand.
Missed one key which i assume is required for the last secret level. Not interesed in finding it honestly, neither i am interested in this unlocked ruin difficulty mode.
Perhaps i would have enjoyed this one more have i chosen the standard difficulty.
gzdoomd1Qc5BdCC9.png
gzdoom80wePod6Gr.png
gzdoom54xEtDwrCA.png
gzdoomQoRlh1wuDi.png
gzdoomGNzjBInTC6.png
gzdoomgRdVfFAI20.png
gzdoomZ7cIooG2rh.png
gzdoomiqbkTndJzC.png
gzdoomwDkKEfV8Cg.png
Arch-vile spam is really cheap, I agree.
That and hordes of Revenants.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom