Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

zwanzig_zwoelf

Couple of SS of Anachronox in 1920x1080. Could probably force some AA on that but don't really care to.
Will post some nicer ones l8r.
Is there a widescreen patch available?
(Maybe I should consider to replay after all)

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Finally beat a Civilization game on Emperor level, without using early blitzkrieg or doing any dirty tricks (unless you count forcing "We Love Our Leader Days"). Civ 2 seems to be somewhat easier than Civ 1. It does have the extra difficulty level Deity, though.

Anyway, I was two years late to match the launch of my space ship with the landing on the moon in 1969. I could have launched two years earlier with a 63% chance, though.

ZZVf4rg.jpg

mmKH84n.jpg

"High Priestess"?

I went for a pacifist strategy, hoping to out-research and outproduce the other civs, and only fighting defensively and patroling the sea. Never worked for me at high levels in Civ 1, but works in Civ 2. Nice power surges first after getting Republic and getting the cities up to size 12, then up to 20+ after Democracy. I need to try out a militaristic, Fundamentalist strategy, but military campaigns are so much more time consuming than just researching and defnding.

09SNBWV.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
The Agent of Kalkin...

On our way to deliver some goods to a priest, our party comes across a suspicious looking man. He turns and runs when he spots us. We give chase, but I have a sneeking suspicion he is leading us into something...

We chase him into a small area near some ruins. He turns.

Battle begins!
Capture1.png

This is no mere messenger.

He summons several of these ugly bastards that have 4 attacks per round each!
Capture4.png

There are several of them; this could be tough.

Capture6.png

I decide that I have to kill the conjurer first. Everyone within melee range attacks the conjurer while Cilla blesses the party.

Capture5.png

The "Messenger" goes down surprisingly quickly in the first round. In the meantime these blue bastards hit hard and often. I better get these under control.

After a failed attempt to charm person, I decide on trying Ego Whip.

Capture7.png

Capture8.png

Luckily these blue bastards are self-loathing creatures. This one below is left alone for two rounds as the party melees through the other two.

Time to finish it.

Capture9.png

Capture10.png

Capture11.png

Victory, and a reward for our insect friend. K'ratchek is a badass.

Capture12.png

The conjurer is carrying some leather armour, a bone sword, a scroll of Fire Shield worth 12,000(!) and an unknown scroll called "Messenger's Scroll"
Capture14.png

...better save that shit!
Capture13.png

Who was this guy? Who is Kalkin? What does this "unknown" Messenger Scroll do?

to be continued...

This game is awesome.

Last edited:

Heresiarch

Prophet
Battle of Moscow. Man, I actually felt pretty bad killing all those Soviet conscripts :( All those poor guys facing massive armies of panzers and elite infantries, just trying to protect their capital :(

TAwhpHi.jpg

Battle of Stalingrad. It wasn't so bad as it was described in the history, though I've heard the DLC scenario of this fight is a really epic and chaotic fight. This huge map also made me really fascinated in the landscape of eastern Europe. In fact it made me want to visit it!

YXZSnJq.jpg

FINALLY! :bounce:

lJ2nTVQ.jpg

...yet the very scenario (Kursk) that brought me all these nice toys to play with is fucking filled with anti-tank guns and combat engineers hiding in fortifications starting level 7 entrenchment. My panzers can barely move around with all those rivers and fortifications while those fortified AT and infantries take forever to kill even with artillery fire + strategic bombing and by turn 2 the Soviet tanks start to pour out everywhere and I must finish this scenario with only 11 turns WHAT THE :rage:

1ggpscv.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom